Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do opposing teams just try to take out our best prospects every game?
Seems like every few weeks we get hit with a worst possible outcome every week.. Jonah ACL tear now, shit just never ends..its kinda unbelievable
Reply/Quote
No. The Bengals are a joke and no team is worried about them right now. They have no incentive to take out any of our players. Just unfortunate situations.
Reply/Quote
Did he tear his ACL? They said his return was questionable on ESPN. I only saw the one drive at the end of the 1st half (bc of poor connection on my stream) where the Zac Taylor's timeout took away a potential first down and ended up turning into Boyd and a Miami player getting ejected.

This injury is yet another reason to draft Sewill.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Actually, we had a few shots today that were more than questionable. Could be frustration, but hard to tell. If you looked at the game, we kind of looked like bad guys compared to what Miami brought.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:45 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: Seems like every few weeks we get hit with a worst possible outcome every week.. Jonah ACL tear now, shit just never ends..its kinda unbelievable

That was purely an accident.  Spain and Hart botched a stunt pickup.  Spain chased Hart's man and the guy he was supposed to pick up came free and hit Jonah in the knee when Allen stepped up in the pocket.  Hart In classic fashion blocked nobody.  

Frustrating thing is, this OL hasn't been able to pick up stunts all year.  
Reply/Quote
I know it’s just bad luck but how long will the bad luck last? Seems like it’s been like 30 years of bad luck..
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:56 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: I know it’s just bad luck but how long will the bad luck last? Seems like it’s been like 30 years of bad luck..

No, the bad luck started the day Paul Browns' condom broke. The really bad luck started the day he died. Sad
Reply/Quote
Who took Jonah out in 2019?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who took Jonah out in 2019?

Practice took him out
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:17 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who took Jonah out in 2019?

The first round curse.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:32 PM)Bengals731 Wrote: Practice took him out

So he's been "taken out" by his own team and an opposing team?  Brutal. 
Reply/Quote
Honestly thinking we should keep Bobby hart around since Jonah Williams is quite injury prone

Who knows how long he will last in this league
Reply/Quote
Jonah tore his ACL?

Jesus Christ, this season is an absolute disaster.
Reply/Quote
There is no fairytale ending to all of this. I keep trying to tell you guys.

We are in the thick of another lost decade. And have about another decade before we sniff anything resembling competitiveness in this division.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Honestly thinking we should keep Bobby hart around since Jonah Williams is quite injury prone

Who knows how long he will last in this league

That's our first round curse double-whammy.  Not only does the guy get hurt and not contribute, but he ends up "technically being a rookie" for years on end.

(12-06-2020, 07:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: There is no fairytale ending to all of this. I keep trying to tell you guys.

If this isn't a fairytale then why does Mike Brown live in a gingerbread house, huh?!
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:08 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: No, the bad luck started the day Paul Browns' condom broke. The really bad luck started the day he died. Sad

This post gets 1,000 points...awesome

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Can't blame opposing teams for anything. Bengals bungle themselves. Other teams just agree to show up and watch.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: Frustrating thing is, this OL hasn't been able to pick up stunts all year.  

... and that’s because the Bengals’ defensive line doesn’t know how to run stunts so the offensive line never gets to practice against them.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:38 PM)jj22 Wrote: We are in the thick of another lost decade. And have about another decade before we sniff anything resembling competitiveness in this division.

We need to start a thread with a crybaby drama queen competition for guys like this.  I know a couple of more I could nominate.

I am not saying we will be great anytime soon, but these guys were wrong in 2003 and they could very well be wrong again.

No one is disagreeing that things are bad now, but it takes a special level of crybaby drama queen to predict we will be bad for an entire decade.
Reply/Quote
The team is cursed like the Kennedy's.

bad conditioning - could probably use a bubble etc.

Reply/Quote