Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do opposing teams just try to take out our best prospects every game?
(12-06-2020, 07:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If this isn't a fairytale then why does Mike Brown live in a gingerbread house, huh?!

I thought it was Dalton who lived in a ginger bread house?

[Image: Exponents7.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 08:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We need to start a thread with a crybaby drama queen competition for guys like this.  I know a couple of more I could nominate.

I am not saying we will be great anytime soon, but these guys were wrong in 2003 and they could very well be wrong again.

No one is disagreeing that things are bad now, but it takes a special level of crybaby drama queen to predict we will be bad for an entire decade.

Well we're half way there. In the thick of one as I said.

In a blink of the eye, it'll be another 5 years. With the division looking strong, and uncertainty at HC, I'm not holding my breath for a quick turnaround. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 07:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Honestly thinking we should keep Bobby hart around since Jonah Williams is quite injury prone

Who knows how long he will last in this league
To be 100% completely honest and you have to factor the incomparable Turner in of course--I just haven't gotten the warm and fuzzy I should have gotten from this 1st round can't miss injury prone OT...

My opinion, flame away...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 09:35 PM)JSR18 Wrote: To be 100% completely honest and you have to factor the incomparable Turner in of course--I just haven't gotten the warm and fuzzy I should have gotten from this 1st round can't miss injury prone OT...

My opinion, flame away...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

It’s not looking good, jim
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 06:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Actually, we had a few shots today that were more than questionable. Could be frustration, but hard to tell. If you looked at the game, we kind of looked like bad guys compared to what Miami brought.

We had one guy hit a punt returner early. Then the dude played dead after signaling for a flag. It’s a fifteen yard penalty. Miami way overreacted.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 08:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We need to start a thread with a crybaby drama queen competition for guys like this.  I know a couple of more I could nominate.

I am not saying we will be great anytime soon, but these guys were wrong in 2003 and they could very well be wrong again.

No one is disagreeing that things are bad now, but it takes a special level of crybaby drama queen to predict we will be bad for an entire decade.

This.  Hate to start the week off by agreeing with Fred  Ninja but in all seriousness, this team isn't beyond repair.  

They got really close with Palmer (05).  They got really close with Dalton (15).  You can say a first round exit isn't close, and I get that, but they were among the elite those seasons and could have gone all the way (especially 15 when Denver won...Jesus, damn near beat them in Denver with a backup QB) if not for unlucky injuries to our QBs.

That was the same administration that owns and runs the team now, but they have added a title to Tobin and given him more scouts.  They went with an offensive minded coach that was coming off a Super Bowl run.  Did it work?  Sure doesn't look like it.  But, that failure lead us to Burrow and for that, I am grateful.

Where do we go from here?  Well, the arguments for drafting anyone but Sewell went out the window with Jonah's injury.  The next coach, assuming they move on from Taylor and I still don't believe they will, needs to be a great hire.  I am far from a coach scout.  I tend to want new rather than recycled and that is probably not wise on my part.  Some guys probably figured out what they did wrong their first go-around, or had poor talent.  

When you mentioned Jay Gruden, I started thinking back to his ability to turn things around quickly and implement his scheme without OTAs.  He played to the strengths of his QB.  And one of the things I liked best about him is he seemed to be a very straight shooter.  He had no time for BS.  I got to speak to him on a number of occasions and I always found him entertaining (hilarious at times) and a no nonsense guy.  Direct, fair, intelligent, and had a player's background.  

I think Gruden is also pretty well connected in the NFL and would be able to assemble a quality staff.  He gets my early vote.  

I don't need to go in to all the details on how the team can go from zero to hero, but it isn't as bad as all are making it out to be.  I get it.  Incredibly frustrating.  I saw some of the worst officiating I have ever seen in an NFL game yesterday.  It was a meaningless game and I don't want the Bengals to blow getting Sewell, but it was disgusting.  I was cursing at the TV at volumes I rarely reach.  The PI call against WJIII that would have been an INT.  NOPE!  Can't have the darling Tua look bad.  WJIII initiated contact within 5 yards and the WR lost his balance.  It was an amazing play by WJIII.  Screwed.  The Boyd ejection and incredibly late flag was also a farce.  I will try to get a picture of one play where a Miami CB was essentially ACROSS the line of scrimmage standing there.  No flag.  All that pisses me off to no end, but pissing and moaning about losing for a decade is senseless.
Reply/Quote
So the offensive line has accounted for a season-ending injury to our starting QB and possibly a season-ending injury to our starting LT.

Neato.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote