Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do players have a say in who we draft
(02-01-2021, 11:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth pointing out that Jaylen Waddle was actually outproducing DeVonta Smith through 4 games this year until Waddle got hurt. DeVonta Smith may not even have been the best WR on his own team, and he's a damn good WR.

If Burrow ends up wanting more speed, he may actually prefer Waddle over Smith.

I had Waddle as my pick for Bengals if we went WR  but Smith performance and injury put him as my #1 WR if we go there with #5
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd love to know how the team would justify to Burrow taking Smith or Waddle over his friend, Chase in that instance. Let's not pull a GB/Rodgers situation here folks!

I would think that if Chase, DeVonta and Waddle are all there at #5, and they're all viable options at that point with Sewell gone, during the team ranking process, they'd definitely had grilled Burrow about Chase in order to get their proper ranking.

If Burrow is your future of your Franchise, and you have a WR who caught 100 balls, 2K yards and 20 TD's from him AND they're friends off the field too, wouldn't that be vital in your Rankings process???!!! That is a very unique situation if Chase is sitting there and his QB is your Leader already.

That could be the future of your franchise as they grow together year in and out like Dalton did with AJ. I'd see more potential with Burrow and Chase than the latter.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 07:47 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: I'd love to know how the team would justify to Burrow taking Smith or Waddle over his friend, Chase in that instance. Let's not pull a GB/Rodgers situation here folks!

I would think that if Chase, DeVonta and Waddle are all there at #5, and they're all viable options at that point with Sewell gone, during the team ranking process, they'd definitely had grilled Burrow about Chase in order to get their proper ranking.

If Burrow is your future of your Franchise, and you have a WR who caught 100 balls, 2K yards and 20 TD's from him AND they're friends off the field too, wouldn't that be vital in your Rankings process???!!! That is a very unique situation if Chase is sitting there and his QB is your Leader already.

That could be the future of your franchise as they grow together year in and out like Dalton did with AJ. I'd see more potential with Burrow and Chase than the latter.

That was my thinking
Reply/Quote
NO! NO! NO! Get some division III kicker with no history of making FGs over 10 feet! Hobson will then be able to write page after page after page of the guy's spare time hobbys, his religious preferences and how his dear old pappy worked 12 jobs to make sure he graduated with his degree in something...anything!..as long as he got the hell out of his house! 
What can I say? I've read too much of Hobson's nonsense over the years in my spare time.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 03:11 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I doubt it... but Burrow would likely be the only one who's input they'd value.

If we get FA O-lineman then yes Chase is very likely at that point

If anyone played with a guy, their input might be taken into account.  I do think Burrow might have a little more influence.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 11:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's worth pointing out that Jaylen Waddle was actually outproducing DeVonta Smith through 4 games this year until Waddle got hurt. DeVonta Smith may not even have been the best WR on his own team, and he's a damn good WR.

If Burrow ends up wanting more speed, he may actually prefer Waddle over Smith.

Yeah, not accounting fore free agency my board right now is:
Sewell
Chase
Trade down
Waddle 
Smith 
Farley
Pitts
Parsons
If we trade down far enough, Darisaw
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2021, 03:04 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I've read now a couple of times that Burrow has said in interviews that he would love us to have Chase in the team.
With the O-Line class being so strong in this years draft is there a chance that Zac and Duke will or have already had any discussions with Joe or other senior players in regards to who they would like to play with?
Also if both Chase and Sewell are there at 5 and if we have already signed 1 or 2 experienced O-line guys in FA, would we pass on Sewell and take Chase and then get another top O-Line man in the second?

While I largely doubt they have much impact, I do remember the story about some Bengal players campaigning Marvin during the draft for Rey Maualuga in Rd 2, instead of Eric Wood, the Center.  Marvin texted them right before the pick:  "You got your wish".  

If Burrow openly went to the team (What he has said thus far is what he would say about any player, at least publicly) and really said:  "Ja'Marr Chase is the best WR I have ever seen and we would be unstoppable with him", I think they would listen.  Will he say that?  Doubtful.  If he did, I think they would give Chase a very long vetting process.  
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 10:06 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: While I largely doubt they have much impact, I do remember the story about some Bengal players campaigning Marvin during the draft for Rey Lewis in Rd 2, instead of Eric Wood, the Center.  Marvin texted them right before the pick:  "You got your wish".  

If Burrow openly went to the team (What he has said thus far is what he would say about any player, at least publicly) and really said:  "Ja'Marr Chase is the best WR I have ever seen and we would be unstoppable with him", I think they would listen.  Will he say that?  Doubtful.  If he did, I think they would give Chase a very long vetting process.  

Think you meant Maualuga?
Also, when the Bengals picked in the 2nd round, Wood was already gone anyway, so it wasn't like it was actually between Wood and Maualuga.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 11:00 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Think you meant Maualuga?
Also, when the Bengals picked in the 2nd round, Wood was already gone anyway, so it wasn't like it was actually between Wood and Maualuga.

Haha, I will fix it.  I must have combined Rey with Marvin...need more coffee.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 11:00 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Think you meant Maualuga?

Maybe it was Max Unger.  I remember it being a center for some reason.  But the point of the post was that the players did politic Marv. 
Reply/Quote