Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do the Bengals Stay Put or Trade Down?
(02-21-2017, 05:37 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Yeah.

The 2010 trade was in the 2nd round and we were trying to get Taylor Mays. 2011 was to trade up into the late 1st round with the Packers to get Dalton. 2016 we tried to trade up and get Will Fuller.

Glad they stayed where they were.

Also, fun fact: Tyler Boyd had more total yards than Will Fuller did.

Granted, Fuller had 32 more receiving yards and 1 more TD, Boyd had 7 more receptions and 61 more rushing yards.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I'd try to trade down in the first, and pick up a 2nd round pick. Trade of McCarron should bring another 2nd round pick and a fourth in 2018. That gives four picks in the top 50. I'd select a DE with the first pick, then OT, CB, and WR IN the second, and either Pocic or Elflein in the third. After that spend the rest of the picks moving up as much as possible. There's a real talent drop off after the 180th ranked player or so. It wouldn't bother me if the Bengals didn't pick after their 5th round selection.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2017, 08:29 PM)schroomytunes1 Wrote: I truly think that we have our eye on 6 players. Thomas DE, Charlton DE, Williams WR, Davis WR, McDowell DE/DT, and Barnette DE.

I hope we're looking at the DE spot, along with safeties Hooker and Adams.

But I fear we're looking at Robinson (OT) and Lattimore/Humphrey (CB), figuring that we'll lose Zeitler and Kirkpatrick ... 
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 12:35 PM)shanebo Wrote: I hope we're looking at the DE spot, along with safeties Hooker and Adams.

But I fear we're looking at Robinson (OT) and Lattimore/Humphrey (CB), figuring that we'll lose Zeitler and Kirkpatrick ... 

If Whit and Big Z leave, then Robinson becomes more of a possibility.  Nevertheless, Robinson would not be worthy of 9th pick.  There is no doubt the Bengals are targeting a DE and they have their guy in mind.  (Think S. Thomas or Charlton).  I would be ecstatic if they took Hooker, Cook, LF, Foster, Thomas, or Williams. 

I just hope if they trade back, that the team is creative enough to packages deals aggressively and trade back up in the draft to get quality (over quantity) players. 
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 01:13 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If Whit and Big Z leave, then Robinson becomes more of a possibility.  Nevertheless, Robinson would not be worthy of 9th pick.  There is no doubt the Bengals are targeting a DE and they have their guy in mind.  (Think S. Thomas or Charlton).  I would be ecstatic if they took Hooker, Cook, LF, Foster, Thomas, or Williams. 

I just hope if they trade back, that the team is creative enough to packages deals aggressively and trade back up in the draft to get quality (over quantity) players. 

I don't see Robinson as a possibility at all.  As the process goes on, he's going to be tabbed as a right tackle.  I don't even think he's on the radar.

I'm actually not worried at all about the Bengals taking a tackle at #9.  They generally don't reach in the first round and they stay true to their board.  I doubt theres a tackle rated that high.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 02:20 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I don't see Robinson as a possibility at all.  As the process goes on, he's going to be tabbed as a right tackle.  I don't even think he's on the radar.

I'm actually not worried at all about the Bengals taking a tackle at #9.  They generally don't reach in the first round and they stay true to their board.  I doubt theres a tackle rated that high.

If for some reason "their Guy" is not there at 9th, then the team will trade back.  If they trade back to late teens, then I could see Robinson as a later first round pick because he is projected at RT and graded number 1 at his position.  I think PA believes in OG at his natural position at LT even if Whit walks.  If they draft Robinson he will be another Andre S.  RT.   
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 02:33 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: If for some reason "their Guy" is not there at 9th, then the team will trade back.  If they trade back to late teens, then I could see Robinson as a later first round pick because he is projected at RT and graded number 1 at his position.  I think PA believes in OG at his natural position at LT even if Whit walks.  If they draft Robinson he will be another Andre S.  RT.   

If PA believes in Ced at LT, then they aren't going to draft a tackle.  I think they roll with Fisher at RT next year and see what happens.

I really don't see a scenario where they take a tackle in the first round.  They aren't giving up on the 2 they drafted 2 years ago.
Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 02:36 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: If PA believes in Ced at LT, then they aren't going to draft a tackle.  I think they roll with Fisher at RT next year and see what happens.

I really don't see a scenario where they take a tackle in the first round.  They aren't giving up on the 2 they drafted 2 years ago.

They could always use Fisher I jumbo sets as TE, extra lineman.  Robinson is probably better talent wise than either OG or Fisher but it is hard to measure at this point.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(02-22-2017, 02:46 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: They could always use Fisher I jumbo sets as TE, extra lineman.  Robinson is probably better talent wise than either OG or Fisher but it is hard to measure at this point.

Yeah, but I don't see the team admitting that they missed on those guys yet - especially when they haven't had a full healthy offseason with them yet.

I wouldn't be shocked if they took one at #41, but I just don't see it in the first round.
Reply/Quote