Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do the Bengals have any jet sweeps in the playbook?
Just curious... I don't remember seeing any, in awhile.
Reply/Quote
They ran two runs to chase they both had meh results.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 06:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Just curious... I don't remember seeing any, in awhile.

Need a decent line to pull that off
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:01 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Need a decent line to pull that off

[Image: 200.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: They ran two runs to chase they both had meh results.

OK, thanks.  To be fair... I've missed quite of bit of the last 2 games.
Reply/Quote
The Jet sweep.. It makes sense to try to involve JaMaar in more creative ways... The Oline is so bad though, nothing is gonna look good...
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:13 PM)Tomkat Wrote: OK, thanks.  To be fair... I've missed quite of bit of the last 2 games.

Lucky you! So jealous
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:16 PM)Tony Wrote: The Jet sweep.. It makes sense to try to involve JaMaar in more creative ways... The Oline is so bad though, nothing is gonna look good...

Jet sweeps rely on blocking from the other wide receivers. This is something the Bengals do not do well. It’s the same reason bubble screens rarely work.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:01 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: They ran two runs to chase they both had meh results.

I know at least one of them was an end around as opposed to a jet sweep, and I seem to recall them both being that way.  The problem with running either of them against a defense that can penetrate is the ball carrier runs right into the teeth of the defense.  Against those fronts you need to run north/south, not east/west.  In other words, a toss or bubble screen to get the ball into the hands of the ball carrier, and they need to get up field right away.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote