Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do the Bengals open at home in 2017?
Reds away 9/10, home 9/17 & 9/24, away 10/1.

As far as any Bengals Thursday Night games early on, Reds away 9/14 and home 9/21 and 9/28.

SO I say yes. Not sure against who.

What do you all think?
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 02:38 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Reds away 9/10, home 9/17 & 9/24, away 10/1.

As far as any Bengals Thursday Night games early on, Reds away 9/14 and home 9/21 and 9/28.

SO I  say yes. Not sure against who.

What do you all think?
It's not like we aren't due.  But i wouldn't be expecting many PT games.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 03:29 PM)McC Wrote: It's not like we aren't due.  But i wouldn't be expecting many PT games.

Only 2 Week #1 home openers from 2004-2016 (those being 2007 & 2009).
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 04:11 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Only 2 Week #1 home openers from 2004-2016 (those being 2007 & 2009).

There you go.  Make that overdue.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
Would be about damn time.
Reply/Quote
My guess Baltimore at Home to kick off the 2017 campaign!

An AFC North SlobberKnocker!!!!!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 04:11 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Only 2 Week #1 home openers from 2004-2016 (those being 2007 & 2009).

That's Crazy. How hard can it be to let each team have a home opener every other year. Also off topic but, wish they would just do away with Thurs Night games.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 07:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: That's Crazy. How hard can it be to let each team have a home opener every other year. Also off topic but, wish they would just do away with Thurs Night games.

To answer your question, it's a matter of baseball conflicts in some cities like Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Seattle to name a few.

Also, I hear the NFL is doing away with the "Every team must have a Thursday Night game" rule.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 07:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: That's Crazy. How hard can it be to let each team have a home opener every other year. Also off topic but, wish they would just do away with Thurs Night games.

You and most of the players and coaches in the league.  Gotta admit though, as a fan, I dig the football fix during the week.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 08:29 PM)McC Wrote: You and most of the players and coaches in the league.  Gotta admit though, as a fan, I dig the football fix during the week.

Definately hurts teams who get those short weeks.

It just sucks when i miss my picks cause i forget there is a Thursday night game. Sneaks up on you.

I missed one pick last year that would of got me the 2nd place in pick'em outright darn it all cuz of a Thursday night game. Whatever
Reply/Quote
The league hates the Bengals. They'll open away, just like they always do.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 07:50 PM)QueenCitySouth Wrote: Also, I hear the NFL is doing away with the "Every team must have a Thursday Night game" rule.

If that's true then maybe we'll catch a break and get left out of it entirely.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Every other team in the NFL has had at least 2 home openers since 2009. That is such Bullshit
Reply/Quote

2007 doesn't really count, as it was a Monday Night game against Baltimore (hell of an opener btw, that was Chad's "HOF 20??" Jacket).

2009 was that last second Brandon Stokley Punk@$$, No-good, Dirty-Rotten, Ignorant, Egg-Sucking, Brainless, Hopeless, Dickless, Blue-Cheese, Fat@$$, Piece-Of-Monkey-S***, Hail Mary game winner. 

We need a 1:00 home opener that actually goes well. 
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 09:50 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: 2007 doesn't really count, as it was a Monday Night game against Baltimore (hell of an opener btw, that was Chad's "HOF 20??" Jacket).

2009 was that last second Brandon Stokley Punk@$$, No-good, Dirty-Rotten, Ignorant, Egg-Sucking, Brainless, Hopeless, Dickless, Blue-Cheese, Fat@$$, Piece-Of-Monkey-S***, Hail Mary game winner. 

We need a 1:00 home opener that actually goes well. 

You're half right. About 2009. To me a Week #1 home opener is just that. So therefore I count 2007 as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 09:50 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: 2009 was that last second Brandon Stokley Punk@$$, No-good, Dirty-Rotten, Ignorant, Egg-Sucking, Brainless, Hopeless, Dickless, Blue-Cheese, Fat@$$, Piece-Of-Monkey-S***, Hail Mary game winner. 

Until the playoff game last January, the worst football outcome I'd witnessed in person at PBS, probably for many others as well.  Just a bunch of fluke bullshit. Ugh. The meltdown against San Diego before that was pretty bad, too. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 12:17 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Until the playoff game last January, the worst football outcome I'd witnessed in person at PBS, probably for many others as well.  Just a bunch of fluke bullshit. Ugh. The meltdown against San Diego before that was pretty bad, too. 

Yeah I went to this game too. My wife was mad because I spent so much money on opening game tickets so she was giving me the evil eye all morning. 
They had some kind of bike race going on all down Rt 50 so I kept getting detoured and me and my son ended up late to the game. Sat through a sloppy 6-0 game for the first 59 + minutes until we finally scored and you know the rest.

That was the longest ride home I ever had. My son and I went to Golden Corral and just ate for like 3 hrs straight without talking. 
Ahh memories.
Reply/Quote
From my understanding, the team is expecting to open at home in 2017. There is a belief the league "messed up" in 2016 since the Reds were on the road last year at that time as well. So if that happened, not sure if that increases the percentage of the first Bengals home opener since the Earth welcomed man, or leaves open the possibility the NFL "forgets" again...
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals will open at home this year. The real question is whether they win or not.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Part of why it rankles so much is that in the same time period we've had to open on the road every season (and more than once also closed on the road), teams like the Stealers and Rats not only opened at home frequently but also got to close at home as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote