Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do the Bengals players expect to lose?
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
I think there's a lot of truth to the sayings "you have to learn how to win" and vice versa "you expect to lose".

The Bengals for decades now have never really learned how to win. It's just not a part of the culture that's ridden along with this team under MB.

You can see it on the players faces, you can sense it. They're chugging along winning some games, then they have a PT game or play the Steelers and the first bit of adversity and the implosion is on !

I'm not sure it will ever change under the current ownership ?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 12:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think there's a lot of truth to the sayings "you have to learn how to win" and vice versa "you expect to lose".

The Bengals for decades now have never really learned how to win. It's just not a part of the culture that's ridden along with this team under MB.

You can see it on the players faces, you can sense it. They're chugging along winning some games, then they have a PT game or play the Steelers and the first bit of adversity and the implosion is on !

Definitely a process buy they did learn how to win games under Marvin. Plenty of games came down to the last few minutes in the 4th quarter. Obviously, that didn't translate to the playoffs but...Now they expect a bad call, a dropped interception, a missed tackle or a dropped pass or all of these...
Reply/Quote
I interpret Eifert's quote to mean that basically once things start to go bad...they don't know how to correct course.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 01:00 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Definitely a process buy they did learn how to win games under Marvin. Plenty of games came down to the last few minutes in the 4th quarter. Obviously, that didn't translate to the playoffs but...Now they expect a bad call, a dropped interception, a missed tackle or a dropped pass or all of these...

I agree, to a degree

Yes they learned how to win 1pm regular season games on Sunday. But more often than not when the lights were on, when the heat was on, when the Steelers were on, they spit the bit.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 12:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I think there's a lot of truth to the sayings "you have to learn how to win" and vice versa "you expect to lose".

IT WON’T!!

This family has had 29 years and counting! If it hasn’t happened after 29 years, it won’t happen now.

Yes, I will always be a Bengals fan, but, in all honesty, the ‘football drive and moxy’ died with Paul Brown!
Reply/Quote
I agree with Taylor cleaning house and bringing in a new environment..you either step up and stop being weak or your out of here.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 09:10 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I agree with Taylor cleaning house and bringing in a new environment..you either step up and stop being weak or your out of here.

Nice notion, but our owner is a Teflon loser so ehh, winners are wise to just steer clear.  
Reply/Quote

These players know how to win. They came from winning teams where winning was expected and not explained away in simple sentences like, "We have to do better." 

Quote:The Bengals for decades now have never really learned how to win. It's just not a part of the culture that's ridden along with this team under MB.

Not really on board with this part. I mean I remember when Chad and Houshmandzadeh was on the sideline disrespecting the terrible towel before a Pittsburgh game at PBS (at least I think it was those 2). They were confident AF going into that game, but I think that's the game Palmer got his knee wiped out.

We were pretty confident in 2015 as well. We carried it nicely though, but same results. Damn Andy Dalton.

Quote:You can see it on the players faces, you can sense it. They're chugging along winning some games, then they have a PT game or play the Steelers and the first bit of adversity and the implosion is on !

This is BS. Your right, I just hate it.

Quote:I'm not sure it will ever change under the current ownership ?

No, me either. Damn Brown family. I think guys feel like their in the Boyscouts here instead of the Army (you get what I'm saying). This organization is ran horribly because the FO is bad. I've seen it posted on here time and time again about the ski trip. TBH, that speaks volumes on where their thoughts have been and it isn't on winning.

Somehow, this would make a good Christmas movie starring Queen Latiffa. If we could only have a good ending? Otherwise, it's a good Christmas movie starring the cast of Goodfellas. 

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 01:09 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I interpret Eifert's quote to mean that basically once things start to go bad...they don't know how to correct course.

Where's the coach? Isn't he suppose to correct the course?

Oh wait, he's too busy figuring out which player to blame next for the clusterf'k he's got going.

I wonder who will be singled out after they get run over by the Oakland?

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 09:10 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I agree with Taylor cleaning house and bringing in a new environment..you either step up and stop being weak or your out of here.

You are aware that they're keeping Cordy Glenn...and other guys like that, right?
Reply/Quote
I don't know if they expect to lose. Do we have a losing culture here again? The answer is yes....but there is no doubt that can change with a leader. I'm talking about that guy that elevates players that are just average. Even though Burfect turned out the way he did, you can't say he wasn't a leader or make other players play harder. A lot can be said for a rah rah type of guy who just makes things happen like a Ray Lewis or James Harrison.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:45 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: I don't know if they expect to lose.  Do we have a losing culture here again?  The answer is yes....but there is no doubt that can change with a leader.  I'm talking about that guy that elevates players that are just average.  Even though Burfect turned out the way he did, you can't say he wasn't a leader or make other players play harder.  A lot can be said for a rah rah type of guy who just makes things happen like a Ray Lewis or James Harrison.

Lewis and Harrison were both good to great players in Lewis case.

Put Ray Lewis in his prime on this defense...and it's much better.
Reply/Quote
I agree....he was the type of guy who elevated the other guys around him. I know our coaching is terrible but a guy like that sure helps. We really have no leaders right now
Reply/Quote
May be if they took away the ping pong table and put in a tv and tape player and watch film they might win a game.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 09:04 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: May be if they took away the ping pong table and put in a tv and tape player and watch film they might win a game.

VHS or Beta? Totally a Mike Brown move. Of course he'll be mulling it over for a few. 
Decisions ... Decisions. Hmmmmm
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 09:31 PM)SladeX Wrote: VHS or Beta? Totally a Mike Brown move. Of course he'll be mulling it over for a few. 
Decisions ... Decisions. Hmmmmm

Beta
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2019, 09:38 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I literally laughed out loud at your signature pic.  Well done sir. :andy:

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote

There are several ways to overcome this.
1. Have an owner that expects to Win. Might be most important!
2. Have a coaching staff that demands more from every player even when things aren’t going their way.
3. Bring in players from winning programs in college and FA.

When you have an owner that could care less, a coach that more less says we are doing things correct “ just need a couple big plays” And players just here for a check, you get the masterpiece we have now.
Reply/Quote
I’m sure they expect to lose this week. That’s part of the problem with this team over the years.
Reply/Quote