Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we consider a kicker on day 3?
Zane Gonzalez? Or just take bpa/Oline/LB
Who Dey!!!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Absolutely. With an extra 4th, no reason not to take him.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Consider?!? Bengals damn well better take a kicker with one of their 57 late round picks of which only a few will actually make the active roster.
Reply/Quote
I would take him with our 5th rounder. Not a value earlier than that and should still be available. Most teams will have a 6th or 7th round grade on him and don't have as many picks as the Bengals. I sure hope they get him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am perfectly ok if the Bengals get a kicker with pick 4b or 5. It is just as big a need as O line IMO.
Reply/Quote
I would take Zane Gonzalez with the 2nd 4th for sure...

Need a kicker for sure, take a o-linemen with the 1st 4th rounder though.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Last fourth or first 5th you pull the trigger. Big need that could be filled for AT LEAST a decade with one pick.

Reply/Quote
With three 4th round picks I'd like to see an Oline man, linebacker and kicker taken. Should fill all the position needs and the rest of the draft will be icing on the cake for project TE, another pass rusher and db's
Reply/Quote
Jake Elliot?! What a wasted pick.

We drafted a guy that only made 77.9% of his field goals during his career on WIDER collegiate goal posts, less-athletic block rushing, and lower-pressure games.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 03:56 PM)BoBengal Wrote: Jake Elliot?!  What a wasted pick.

You already know, huh?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 02:29 AM)TSwigZ Wrote: Zane Gonzalez? Or just take bpa/Oline/LB

Sounded like he was the best kicker to come out in years and could hit kicks from 80 yards, but one other team passed on him, too, so who knows.

What I don't understand is why the hell we picked a guy with a weak leg that's max distance is 45 yards.

I was so pumped after the first two days but these picks today have seemed so stupid that I'm actually feeling like maybe I don't need that stem cell treatment because there's people in a professional organization a lot dumber than I am.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 07:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: What I don't understand is why the hell we picked a guy with a weak leg that's max distance is 45 yards.

That would be the guy whose college best was 56 yards?  Someone posted his Pro Day video in Jungle Noise and the guy was knocking them over from 65 yards like they were XPs.
Reply/Quote
Those who think they know more about the differnce between Elliot and Gonzalez more than the Bengals do, you all just need to relax. I wanted Gonzalez too, but the Bengals didn't. Lets see how he does. I think we just upgraded that position by 150%.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 07:32 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Sounded like he was the best kicker to come out in years and could hit kicks from 80 yards, but one other team passed on him, too, so who knows.

What I don't understand is why the hell we picked a guy with a weak leg that's max distance is 45 yards.

I was so pumped after the first two days but these picks today have seemed so stupid that I'm actually feeling like maybe I don't need that stem cell treatment because there's people in a professional organization a lot dumber than I am.

Where are people getting this max distance 45 yards shit? This is like the 3rd or 4th time I've seen it.

It's like people are so desperate to have uninformed "hot takes" that they don't even bother checking a single thing...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Where are people getting this max distance 45 yards shit? This is like the 3rd or 4th time I've seen it.

It's like people are so desperate to have uninformed "hot takes" that they don't even bother checking a single thing...

Obviously we all saw it on some draft pages about him.  

His kickoffs also lack power and distance, which could be a problem.  

Zane Gonzalez, who is supposed to be the best thing to happen to kicking since the kicking tee, was sitting there for us to take and we blew it.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 09:57 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Obviously we all saw it on some draft pages about him.  

His kickoffs also lack power and distance, which could be a problem.  

Zane Gonzalez, who is supposed to be the best thing to happen to kicking since the kicking tee, was sitting there for us to take and we blew it.

He converted 63.7% of his kickoffs to touchbacks and never gave up a KR TD in his entire career.

The "kickoffs also lack power and distance" thing is an exaggeration AT BEST. It's closer to a complete fabrication.

As for the 45 yard max distance thing, He is 10 for 16 in his career from beyond 50 yards, but if you disregard his sophomore year, which was a slump year in all regards, he was 7 for 8 from 50 + with a max of 56. 

I can't say what happened in his sophomore year to make him behave so differently from the other 3 years of his career, but since that was in 2014 and he has been more than accurate since, I don't think that should be taken into consideration.

I actually wanted Gonzalez more as well, but I have faith in our special teams coach and if he wanted Elliot more than Gonzalez, I believe he has way more information than I do.

If you want to feel better, I'd recommend watching the tape from his pro day. He's nailing 65 yard field goals and it looked effortless. He'll have no problem with distance in the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMb3ulpVlss
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:06 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If you want to feel better, I'd recommend watching the tape from his pro day. He's nailing 65 yard field goals and it looked effortless. He'll have no problem with distance in the NFL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMb3ulpVlss

HOLY SHIT!  

Now I'm LOVING this pick!  

Thanks for doing research when I was just buying into the scouting garbage!
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2017, 10:12 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: HOLY SHIT!  

Now I'm LOVING this pick!  

Thanks for doing research when I was just buying into the scouting garbage!

Leg looked pretty solid, as did the repeatability in his kicking motion. I was a bit worried at first, but he looks like a quality addition.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote