Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we have clearer picture of the Bengals draft picture?
ok lets check the boxes

Eifert Uzomah TE resigned
Miller..signed Redmond OG resigned
Hart resigned OT

Webb signed CB
Dennard ?
Brown resigned LB
Barrett Curry visits DE
Shelton visited DT

Green possible extension
Boyd extension very probable WR
WJackson extension see above CB

so now what does the front office focus on?
I think Taylor wants his 1st pick as Bengals HC to be as close to a sure thjng as possible.
I think he targets a LB or DT at number 11.
he doesnt want a QB CONTRAVERSY to start off his new regime I believe.
Dalton is good enough to buy him time to ease a QB in that starting role.
QB is not a urgent need at this moment
Atkins is a legit force but he cant dominate forever.
hes approaching 30.
but at LB its void of that all world playmaker.
Vigil Jefferson Worley dont apply.
WR can be addressed in the mid RDS.
Glenn at LT is good enough for now.
TE S RB are in good shape now.
I think the draft targets look like this
LB DT QB WR LT
Reply/Quote
The draft in 2019 will reveal Taylor's vision for the team.

If the Bengals draft Hockenson TE at 11, then it means they will pound the rock and use short-intermediate low risk pass plays to keep offense rolling. They will wear defenses down, keep the ball, and as a result keep opposing offenses off the field. They could run 3 TE sets to help the O-Line and feature Mixon. They will still need a back-up QB and two backers.

If the Bengals draft Wilkins DT, then it means they have decided to improve defense front and will likely grab a backer fairly early and one later rounds. They would still need to grab an OT and another TE. Still will need back-up QB.

If the Bengals draft Murray, Haskins at 11, then a full rebuild will occur and I could see them trading Dalton at the end of the year. They may be able to grab Risner or another high quality OT, and an adequate backer. This scenario could be a disaster IMO. But if Murray is there, (I don't like him personally), he would create a buzz and would be the QB of the future.

If the Bengals draft White LB at 11, it gives them an option to possibly draft QB Jones in round two or QB Stidham in round 3. They could still grab an OT in Round 2 (if they go with Stidham) which would help, and they could still draft TE and another backer in mid rounds that could have an impact.

If the Bengals draft the BPA at OT at 11, they could still draft the BPA at backer in round two and maybe TE or Guard/Center in round 3. They could still grab a talented backer on day 3 but the LB core will remain a question mark. They would have to settle for mid-tier QB like Grier, Finley, Jackson.

Team needs 2 LBs, QB, TE (even with Eifert signing), and OT.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 07:31 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: The draft in 2019 will reveal Taylor's vision for the team.

If the Bengals draft Hockenson TE at 11, then it means they will pound the rock and use short-intermediate low risk pass plays to keep offense rolling. They will wear defenses down, keep the ball, and as a result keep opposing offenses off the field. They could run 3 TE sets to help the O-Line and feature Mixon. They will still need a back-up QB and two backers.

If the Bengals draft Wilkins DT, then it means they have decided to improve defense front and will likely grab a backer fairly early and one later rounds. They would still need to grab an OT and another TE. Still will need back-up QB.

If the Bengals draft Murray, Haskins at 11, then a full rebuild will occur and I could see them trading Dalton at the end of the year. They may be able to grab Risner or another high quality OT, and an adequate backer. This scenario could be a disaster IMO. But if Murray is there, (I don't like him personally), he would create a buzz and would be the QB of the future.

If the Bengals draft White LB at 11, it gives them an option to possibly draft QB Jones in round two or QB Stidham in round 3. They could still grab an OT in Round 2 (if they go with Stidham) which would help, and they could still draft TE and another backer in mid rounds that could have an impact.

If the Bengals draft the BPA at OT at 11, they could still draft the BPA at backer in round two and maybe TE or Guard/Center in round 3. They could still grab a talented backer on day 3 but the LB core will remain a question mark. They would have to settle for mid-tier QB like Grier, Finley, Jackson.

Team needs 2 LBs, QB, TE (even with Eifert signing), and OT.

I think White May be gone so right now I think Devin Bush is the guy unless they think that’s too high for him. Based on the signings LB is the biggest need position but I would still love to get Hockenson at 11.
Reply/Quote
I think they're filling in the gaps with the FA signings, so that we can actually field a team with who we've got and don't have to draft for need.

This will allow us to draft BPA -- I'm thinking defensive playmaker in the first, likely front 7. White if he's there, or one of the D-linemen since that where the value is. Then in the second someone with a first-round grade who dropped, like one of the TEs or OTs. I don't see us going QB until later.

The one good thing about our mediocre FA crop is that it really frees up our draft.
Reply/Quote
Releasing Vontaze Burfict makes it a little clearer that they intend to do something different with the LB position.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Guys I'm certain will not make it to 11:
Nick Bosa
Quinnen Willaims
Josh Allen
Kyler Murray
Dwayne Haskins

Guys I'm 80% certain won't be there:
Devin White
Ed Oliver
Jawaan Taylor

50/50 guys
DK Metcalf
Rashan Gary

So who among the rest interests you and is worth 11?
Reply/Quote
None of the free agency moves made the Bengals better than they were last year.

LB is still a need.
TE is still a need.
OT is still a need.
OG is still a need.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 07:21 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: None of the free agency moves made the Bengals better than they were last year.

LB is still a need.
TE is still a need.
OT is still a need.
OG is still a need.

Ced going to the Jags makes us better

I think Miller at RG is an upgrade over Redmond

But yeah: I'd say Safety and RB are the only positions that aren't a need. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Listened to Hobspin today and he thought our 30th ranked defense would be the bulk of their attention.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2019, 05:40 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Do we have clearer picture of the Bengals draft picture?

Nothing has changed really after the Bengals went out and basically didn't upgrade at any position except maybe RG, and that's in the maybe category.

So we still need:

LB x2 with speed who can cover and tackle.
RT of the future, unless somehow Hart has a miracle awakening. And since I heard a bunch of manure coming from the front off a couple of years about how Ogbuehi just needed experience and blah, blah, blah, I don't trust a word they say about OTs.
TE to replace Eifert as a star.
LT of the future as Glenn's injuries have piled up some the last few years.
WR as once you get past Green and Boyd none of the WRs have been reliable since being drafted.

FB almost forgot this one, but they are dime a dozen. The team is going to be running a lot of play action, per Taylor, so it might be fruitful to actually have a FB on the team.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 06:56 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: Guys I'm certain will not make it to 11:
Nick Bosa
Quinnen Willaims
Josh Allen
Kyler Murray
Dwayne Haskins

Guys I'm 80% certain won't be there:
Devin White
Ed Oliver
Jawaan Taylor

50/50 guys
DK Metcalf
Rashan Gary

So who among the rest interests you and is worth 11?
if White is gone, then Oliver may be there.  I would not rule out the Bengals taking Hockenson TE or Greedy Williams CB or Wilkins DT.  If White is gone, they will get either Bush or Mack Wilson in round two I would imagine.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
With Burfict released, you practically have to write in a LB for RD 1 or 2.
You'd have to imagine OT is up there too since there are still two OT spots that haven't been filled (Fisher and Ogbuehi), but they do potentially have all their starters now (Glenn-Boling-Price-Miller-Hart).
Other than that, I could see DL since MJ left and they haven't signed anyone else.
I'd definitely go TE in Rd 3 or 4 as Eifert insurance.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2019, 09:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ced going to the Jags makes us better

I think Miller at RG is an upgrade over Redmond

But yeah: I'd say Safety and RB are the only positions that aren't a need. 

Miller is certainly an upgrade over Redmond. From what I've seen (which isn't much) is he does have some flashes but is pretty inconsistent.

Yeah, pretty much.
Only way I see them drafting a safety is if they wanna move on from Williams after next year. But even that's pushing it
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm kind of wondering if they plan to attempt to parlay their 5 6th round picks into anything other than 5 6th round picks..
Perhaps there's a few draft needy teams willing to cough up earlier picks in exchange for a few 6's..  IDK..  3 6's for a first to Oakland maybe? Nah..never gonna happen.
I wonder if Ced will become one of Mikey's coveted compensation picks next year..  Too bad there won't be a 15th round comp pick for him.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote