Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we need Offensive Lineman In The 2023 Draft
The Raiders are benching Carr fir the past two games. This is a sure sign they are changing QBs. If they cut him prior to next year, his huge guaranteed money does not kick in & they have a modest cap hit. But his guaranteed money/cap number is guaranteed if he gets hurt. One way to make sure that does not happen? Bench him.

I think the more QB hungry teams taking QBs the better for us. Most mocks have 4, but there could be more:

Dire QB need: Texans, Colts, Falcons, Raiders, Jets, Panthers
Need a #1 long term: pick or trade: Lions, Pats, Bucs, Giants, Wash, Tenn

And that's assuming the Bronco's are stuck with Wilson, the Ravens pay Jackson, and the Packers stand pat.
Reply/Quote
The answer to this question, as always, continues to be "Yes."

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Does Speedy need his bourbon while he watches Yellowstone?
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 04:12 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: There are some good, not great, TE options behind Mayer that would could consider in Rds2-5. Kraft (South Dakota State), Washington (Georgia), Kincaid (Utah), Musgrave (Oregon State), Stover (Ohio State). But those guys would all be TE2 behind Hurst for me. Hurst + mid-round draftee + Wilcox would be a dandy TE room. Look to uograde TE1 when there is draft class with more top end talent. 

Nice post IC85. Bring back Hurst for a couple years and draft a TE in the mid rounds.

Go O-line, Edge, Corner or WR early in case we cannot bring back one of our studs.

(12-20-2022, 03:36 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Could also look to roll with Hurst for another year (or two) and maybe target Brock Bowers in the 2024 draft.
Bowers is a stud pass catcher but he can also block, despite being lighter than probably preferred.

I also think Washington could be a great fit with the Bengals and should (hopefully) be available on Day 2, but he's more in the mold of a guy like Freiermuth rather than Kyle Pitts.

I like both the Georgia TE's, Bowers looked great last year though, he might be another one like Mayer that is taken in the top 15
where we would have to trade a lot to get him.
Reply/Quote
I know Buffalo was missing some guys on the DL, but I am feeling much better about Carman & Adeniji.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2023, 11:32 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I know Buffalo was missing some guys on the DL, but I am feeling much better about Carman & Adeniji.

Definitely. Both guys are playing their best football right now. Amazing how much better they look in their proper positions. I wouldn’t mind still taking a mid round o lineman but I don’t see a 1st or 2nd being spent there.
Reply/Quote
Tiger

Fix it!
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2023, 11:15 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

Fix it!

I get it. But IDK what will be there at #29. It is not a fantastic OT class. The top 3 will be gone when we pick and the next best guy (Harrison) needs some strength work, or so I hear. Carman played well. The right side was the issue. 

I'd draft Jones in a heartbeat if he is there and would consider Harrison.  Otherwise I am waiting until Day 2 for a RT guy (Wright, Jones) or an IOL guy. Outside of Torrence, who plays Cappa's spot, there is no IOL guy available. 

IDK id I'd reach for a OT in Rd1 if a stud CB, Edge, DT, or even WR/TE is on the board. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 07:42 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I get it. But IDK what will be there at #29. It is not a fantastic OT class. The top 3 will be gone when we pick and the next best guy (Harrison) needs some strength work, or so I hear. Carman played well. The right side was the issue. 

I'd draft Jones in a heartbeat if he is there and would consider Harrison.  Otherwise I am waiting until Day 2 for a RT guy (Wright, Jones) or an IOL guy. Outside of Torrence, who plays Cappa's spot, there is no IOL guy available. 

IDK id I'd reach for a OT in Rd1 if a stud CB, Edge, DT, or even WR/TE is on the board. 

Watching Anton Harrison bad wide hands ending up bear hugging defenders gives me Cedric Ogbeuhi flashbacks. Harrison, Jones, and Wright will all be able the Senior Bowl Practices this week. I'm betting whoever has the best week ends up at the bottom end of the first round. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:17 PM)Synric Wrote: Watching Anton Harrison bad wide hands ending up bear hugging defenders gives me Cedric Ogbeuhi flashbacks. Harrison, Jones, and Wright will all be able the Senior Bowl Practices this week. I'm betting whoever has the best week ends up at the bottom end of the first round. 

I'm becoming a Wright fan. Power school, versatility to let you pick another OT prospect if you don't feel JW or JC is the future at LT (ie, you are free to pick any OT and not be pigeonholed to one specific side), production against top competition (think I read no sacks allowed all season at RT), not known as a weak player.

Malik tonight said we may be interested in McGlinchey  Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:11 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Malik tonight said we may be interested in McGlinchey  Cool

That's interesting wonder if he heard McGlinchey's name in the building. That will likely be a pretty decent contract 4 years 60 or 64m ish.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 12:21 AM)Synric Wrote: That's interesting wonder if he heard McGlinchey's name in the building. That will likely be a pretty decent contract 4 years 60 or 64m ish.

I think it was more of tying together:

- McGlinchey is a FA
- MG plays RT
- RT is our biggest weakness.
- You can make the money work (this year) with no increase to cap (with assumption of JW and LC gone)
- MG was loved by Tobin and the group during the draft process when he came out.

Getting MG opens our draft to BPA no matter what. If it's OL, DL, LB, CB, doesn't matter. We at that point would have no weaknesses and show we are making the push to the big prize unlike 2015.
Reply/Quote
(01-31-2023, 09:17 AM)WVUHomer Wrote: I think it was more of tying together:

- McGlinchey is a FA
- MG plays RT
- RT is our biggest weakness.
- You can make the money work (this year) with no increase to cap (with assumption of JW and LC gone)
- MG was loved by Tobin and the group during the draft process when he came out.

Getting MG opens our draft to BPA no matter what. If it's OL, DL, LB, CB, doesn't matter. We at that point would have no weaknesses and show we are making the push to the big prize unlike 2015.

Excellent take.  

McGlinchey at RT and a prayer that Carmen becomes a guy at LT opens up a ton of options.

Reply/Quote