Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL.com 1st round Mock
(01-26-2023, 11:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I guess I just don't really trust high prospects that don't have college production that line up with where you're expected to draft them. I wouldn't feel good using a 1st on a guy expecting him to be a red zone monster when he only had 3 career TDs in 27 college games. That's just me, though.

Feels extra weird when you're a team that needs an OT (or 2) to get a part-time position blocker instead of a full-time position blocker.

I could not agree more on the production thing. A physical specimen who has yet to produce is the most likely bust. We cannot be busting on picks in the first two rounds. Plus, Taylor has trended towards guys with not only production, but captains and coach's sons, and big game experience. Washington has the latter, but that is it. 

I also think Hurst will be back on a fairly reasonable deal. Most of these national guys do not pay much attention to Cincy. I do not think spending our first rounder on primarily a blocking TE who is gonna be TE2 is at all smart. Drew Sample on steroids. That ain't happening. Day 2, maybe. 

I think it much more likely we use the #1 to upgrade at a more critical position (OT, CB), fill a need created by FA (Pratt, Bell, Hurst, Apple, Flowers, Perine, Scharping), and take the most talented guy who might turn into a cheaper/long term replacement to help us for the upcoming cap crunch: Higgins/Boyd/J. Williams/Mixon/Reader/Hendrickson/BJ Hill). 

The only way I'd do it is if: 
1) We lose Hurst, AND 
2) No blue chip top 20 guy falls, AND 
3) No CB/DE we like is there, AND 
4) We do not rate Ika/Kancey, AND 
5) We do not like any if the 2nd tier WRs there (Flowers, Hyatt, Tillman, etc) 

It is unlikely we get last #3 on my chart. The DE/CB classes are pretty deep. 
Reply/Quote
Alot of disrespect for the blocking half of the Tight End job. There is a reason Daniel Jeremiah, Dane Brugler, TDN, CBS etc. name a source all have Darnell Washington as a top 50 prospect and mocking him in the first round.

Like I said I'm not a fan of Washington in the Bengals offense but I can see the appeal of his skillset which is outstanding.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be pissed about Washington. He has elite size and talent. That said, the TE position is one of the deepest in this draft. McShay said he sees 6 going in the first two rounds and all will be immediate impact type of players. Point is, we can get an elite TE in the second. Wright in the first and Washington in the second would be a home run.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2023, 01:43 PM)Synric Wrote: Wow I finally got a chance to read the mock Lukas Van Ness at 8... 3 Tight Ends in the first round. Tyrique Stevenson in the first highest I've seen him is 3rd round.

That might be because you have been looking at the media's boards...... just sayin....

Reply/Quote
He is a quality prospect but I'm not doing that in the first round, tremendously low value position for someone with traits but lack of production.

Unless a tremendous CB or we dont sign Bell and Brian Branch is there, we need to be looking at the very best OT on the board, IMHO.

Reply/Quote