Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do we pass up drafting a QB in this years draft?
(12-29-2017, 10:52 AM)Synric Wrote: Are playoff wins a good way to measure how good a player really is? If so Geno Green Dunlap Burfict aren't good either.

Lol I think the best defensive preformance we've seen during the playoff streak was from Vinny Rey.

Barring the hit on Brown at the end, Burfict was fantastic against the Steelers in that game.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
To quote Sam Wyche: “You don’t live in Cleveland. You live in Cincinnati.”

Only in Cleveland do they draft quarterback after quarterback, hoping against hope, thinking that this time they’ll draft The One. That’s a recipe for unmitigated disaster which is what we’ve seen from The Mistake By the Lake.

This misguided strategy doesn’t work in Cleveland and it won’t work in Cincinnati either. Keep Andy Dalton and AJ McCarron and get some big hogs in the trenches — and a new offensive line coach.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 12:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: To quote Sam Wyche: “You don’t live in Cleveland.  You live in Cincinnati.”

Only in Cleveland do they draft quarterback after quarterback, hoping against hope, thinking that this time they’ll draft The One.  That’s a recipe for unmitigated disaster which is what we’ve seen from The Mistake By the Lake.  

This misguided strategy doesn’t work in Cleveland and it won’t work in Cincinnati either.  Keep Andy Dalton and AJ McCarron and get some big hogs in the trenches — and a new offensive line coach.

We don't draft QB after QB. Dalton is going into his 8th season, it's time to draft another solid QB round 3 or earlier. Doesn't mean the QB is going to start next year but at least start developing someone to take over for Dalton and not Dalton 2.0 like McCarron. Dalton doesn't have the ability to win a Superbowl, he just doesn't. If you aren't trying to win a Superbowl then what the hell are we doing here? 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 12:23 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: To quote Sam Wyche: “You don’t live in Cleveland. You live in Cincinnati.”

Only in Cleveland do they draft quarterback after quarterback, hoping against hope, thinking that this time they’ll draft The One. That’s a recipe for unmitigated disaster which is what we’ve seen from The Mistake By the Lake.

This misguided strategy doesn’t work in Cleveland and it won’t work in Cincinnati either. Keep Andy Dalton and AJ McCarron and get some big hogs in the trenches — and a new offensive line coach.

Lol he’s had 7 years. And Palmer had ample time before him. Nobody is calling for a new QB every other year.

Reply/Quote
7 years of failure.. i know, lets do the Marvin Lewis way, and let him do 14 years as we keep expecting different results.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 12:43 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 7 years of failure.. i know, lets do the Marvin Lewis way, and let him do 14 years as we keep expecting different results.

Failure? Lol

Franchise passing records, four playoff apperances in a row (took them to 5 in a row), first QB in Bengals history to go 8-0, one of 2 QBs to throw for 3000 yards in all of his first 7 seasons. 2nd longest streak for not throwing ints in the redzone. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 12:48 PM)Synric Wrote: Failure? Lol

Franchise passing records, four playoff apperances in a row (took them to 5 in a row), first QB in Bengals history to go 8-0, one of 2 QBs to throw for 3000 yards in all of his first 7 seasons. 2nd longest streak for not throwing ints in the redzone. 

You might as well save your time, everything is Andy's fault, middle east, cold war, Iranian Hostage Crisis, Civil War........You'd swear by listening to some people, the Bengals found some random guy on the street and asked if he could throw a football....
Reply/Quote
Dalton is the guy next year. That's just how it's going to be. It's not very smart to let him go after a big change like we are (hopefully) going to do. Most of the Super Bowls won are done within the first 5 years of a HC/QB duo. So you take at least one, maybe two years with AD to see if you can catch that lightning in the bottle. I think there's probably a less than 10% chance this happens, maybe even lower.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 07:32 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I'm sorry is he the only q.b that has multiple coordinates.  You Dalton apologist have gotten worse over time.  Blame the oline,  blame the #2 wr, blame the coach. In the mean time your no arm, no accuracy,  zero leadership, keeps fumbling away victories.  

My comment was speaking to some moron saying Andy was a system QB.  4 different coordinators is 4 different systems and he's always produced.  Taking my comment out of it's intended context doesn't make you look smarter.

With that said, having lived through 10-15 years without QB that could throw a pass (minus maybe Jeff Blake).  Having watched teams like Cleveland and Jacksonville and others wallow in QB hell for years.  Having made those observations, I can say without qualification that Andy is a GOOD NFL QB.  

Drafting ANY of the QBs this year will NOT fix the Bengals.  The Bengals need to fix the OL.  And if you cannot make the simple observation of OLine performance to team performance from last year to this, then you truly are blind and clueless.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2017, 09:39 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: YesYes, because it's known around the league Dalton has a cannon for an arm..fml 

No, he doesn't have a cannon, but there are more than 2 options when it comes to arm strength in NFL QBs. 

Also, when coming into the league, ESPN Sportscience showed that Dalton threw the football with the same velocity as Cam Newton. 

But, yeah, show us all by how credible your analyses are by saying that QBs either have cannons for arms or they don't have any arm AND by sayinig that Dalton has "no arm". Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 01:54 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: He has velocity on his throws but he doesn't have a live arm or really have the arm to lead his receivers or put it in tight windows. Watch even Lamar jackson,he even looks to have a better arm then dalton.

There''s a big difference from saying Dalton doesn't have a cannon for an arm and saying he has NO arm.
Reply/Quote
What do you all think about someone like Rudolph or maybe Drew Lock later in the draft?
Reply/Quote

Yeah, but Dalton is THE problem with this team and needs to go ASAP!!!!  Whatever
Reply/Quote
The Dalton haters are clearly more extreme than the Dalton supporters, that is all i know.
Reply/Quote
If we pick and Baker is on the board, I hope to God we take him.
Reply/Quote
I want Lock. In round 1 or 2..depending on his draft projection
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2017, 03:51 PM)tBengal Wrote: What do you all think about someone like Rudolph or maybe Drew Lock later in the draft?

If they take a QB at all, this is exactly what I want. 2nd or 3rd round. Take Mason Rudolph or Drew Lock (if he comes out), and let them sit and learn for a season or two. Both have some serious game.
Reply/Quote
If we DO draft a QB with the intention of eventually starting him, can we all agree NOW that we are either homers or haters of said QB? I don't know if I can do a 3rd straight QB debate after Palmer and Dalton.
Reply/Quote
Priority A1 has to be the Offensive Line. And that means if need be every early round pick has to go to the line. and yes it means drafting interior linemen early rounds and even if needed trading up. Of course if we still have Piano Man coaching them it may all be moot.

A strong OL (which we have not had since 05) lets us run (which enables play action), provides a proper pocket and a host of other good things to the offense. It is the anchor to build around. The same applies to the defensive line - make it strong and you can build out from it.
Reply/Quote

Sweet how many rings he got?  Ok thats a setting the bar kinda high.  How many playoffs he won, still too high.  Whats his record in the division (- the brown), wait still bar too high.  Ok fine lets look at redzone int percentage...... fml this is the standard for bengals fans, mediocrity.  Guess it could be worse.
Reply/Quote