Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we really need a veteran QB?
No, I don't think we need a veteran back-up. Jettison Finley. Brings absolutely nothing to this team.

Draft a QB in the 7 th round or sign a UDFA. That person and Dolegala fight it out for #2 in training camp.

Who knows what those 2 pick up from Burrow...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Taysom Hill
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
This guy... Ninja

[Image: th?id=OIP.ohzdIHAEEXYoF8aioysYEwHaE8&pid...=257&h=172]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 08:43 PM)Weazzel80 Wrote: I think we should just sink or swim with Burrow. We're incredibly fortunate to be able to draft such an NFL ready prospect at the QB position.

We should, however, get a different backup than Finley; but I don't view backup QB as a pressing need right now. I would much rather have more depth at other positions.

I agree with Weazzel80.

Let's upgrade the O-line and Linebackers and add weapons for Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 09:14 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Taysom Hill

Sure has impressed me and about everybody else in his limited snaps.

Question is does he want to be a backup once again and just a ST'er and versatile player?
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 04:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Would be all for Keenum at the right price.

His contract in 2019 was only $3.5 mill. I'd rather have Keenum at that than Dalton at $17.7 mill. You'd have to imagine Keenum would again be able to be had for around the same price range.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 10:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: His contract in 2019 was only $3.5 mill. I'd rather have Keenum at that than Dalton at $17.7 mill. You'd have to imagine Keenum would again be able to be had for around the same price range.

I could easily see Keenum in Cleveland as he worked with Stefanski in Minnesota (his best season ever) plus Callahan's dad who he was with in Washington is there. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 10:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: His contract in 2019 was only $3.5 mill. I'd rather have Keenum at that than Dalton at $17.7 mill. You'd have to imagine Keenum would again be able to be had for around the same price range.

Sounds like a steal.

(01-23-2020, 11:36 AM)Au165 Wrote: I could easily see Keenum in Cleveland as he worked with Stefanski in Minnesota (his best season ever) plus Callahan's dad who he was with in Washington is there. 

Makes sense.
Reply/Quote
I've said the same thing. We pay the coaches to help him transition and learn the game. Make them do their job. We have many more important needs than a veteran back up QB. I don't see 2020 as the year that we'll be in the hunt. Fix the OLine, fix the LBs, get a TE not named Eifert or Sample to pair with Uzomah, we may also need a #1 WR and a stay healthy #3 wouldn't be a bad idea either.

With the expiring CBA, there's no rollover for 2021. We're sitting right around $50m in cap space and could raise that to $67m by trading/cutting Dalton. Unfortunately, the team will swear by the fact that we have ~$20-25m at best after draft cap and injury money. Considering the brain dead trust that runs this place, I'd rather invest as much as possible in improving as many areas as possible instead of throwing money at a journeyman QB.

The sad fact is that after re-signing our own (including Green, Dennard, and Eifert), I have a feeling the team will say they're tapped with the exception of maybe a Mixon extension and a couple of more Hart/Webb type players at best.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2020, 07:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Everything this team does should be based around Burrow being on the field.  Ryan Finley is 25 years old and stinks at QB, Burrow is 23 and should be really good at being QB.  Finley being on the bench isn't going to help Burrow nearly as much as getting an actual system veteran QB who can help mentor and coach Burrow...something that will help when Burrow is on the field.

If the Bengals are going to be successful it's all about having Burrow on the field and making sure everything is designed to help him.  Finley being on the team only helps us if Burrow isn't on the field (which is bad) and if Finley is better than the backup we get (which is unlikely).  Getting a vet is investing in Burrow, keeping Finley is investing in a scenario we don't want to be in.

C'monnn.. Everyone knows Findley is a future GOAT. The only question is if he'll be a billy goat or a nanny goat.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2020, 07:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: C'monnn.. Everyone knows Findley is a future GOAT. The only question is if he'll be a billy goat or a nanny goat.

He was only considered the next Brady so long as he was Dalton's backup. Just like Dolegala, Driskell, McCarron......
Reply/Quote