Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's Steelers Day!
It's time to get the season sweep and establish ourselves as the Steelers' daddies!

It's a new era!

GET FIRED UP!

[Image: even-god-hates-the-steelers-kardiackid-19430484.png]

WHO-DEY!
Reply/Quote
Always nervous for this game, but would love nothing more than to put a beat down on them... make it 3 straight W's and finally put those f**kers in the rear-view mirror.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 01:52 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Always nervous for this game, but would love nothing more than to put a beat down on them... make it 3 straight W's and finally put those f**kers in the rear-view mirror.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611bcb4aa397b3efe3967...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
Rock OnWho Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Be their daddys? Just who among us would want our own sperm to be so defective anyway? Nervous I know my kids are mutants and all, but not to THAT extent..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Every time I really start to believe in this team, they take a step back (refusing to win the Packers game, the Jets/Browns debacles after the glory of the Ravens win).

It is steeped in the history of the team. From jump. Cook's injury. The TOs and goal line failure vs SF. Krumrie's leg, Wilson's crack, Billups' drop, and Montana's drive in the rematch.

There have peen particularly painful one's vs Pitts. Carson's leg. Dalton's thumb. And the colossal 2015 playoff meltdown.

IIRC, we have not swept them since 2009. This would be a most pleasant 3 in a row. And essentially give us a 2 game cushion over them with 6 to play. Gonna be tougher this time with Watt back, however.
Reply/Quote
Just dreamin, but how wonderful is THEY went on a 40 year playoff drought? The Pirates have sucked for a good while..Squeelers turn too.. Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
F the steelers, as always
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 02:18 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Every time I really start to believe in this team, they take a step back (refusing to win the Packers game, the Jets/Browns debacles after the glory of the Ravens win).  

It is steeped in the history of the team. From jump. Cook's injury. The TOs and goal line failure vs SF. Krumrie's leg, Wilson's crack, Billups' drop, and Montana's drive in the rematch.  

There have peen particularly painful one's vs Pitts. Carson's leg. Dalton's thumb. And the colossal 2015 playoff meltdown.  

IIRC, we have not swept them since 2009. This would be a most pleasant 3 in a row. And essentially give us a 2 game cushion over them with 6 to play. Gonna be tougher this time with Watt back, however.

Yep. It's games like these that either chip away at the 'fall-on-your-face' narrative, or continue to build on it. All the pretty talk and all the pretty articles don't amount to much until these games get won more consistently.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Resign ZT now
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 06:14 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Resign ZT now

Assuming you meant re-sign.
Reply/Quote
And what a GLORIOUS day it was. Now, all that's left to do is sit back and watch Cleveland and Balitmore beat each other up
Reply/Quote
Just wanted to share this post from a Steelers forum, thought it was worth a laugh since so many were upset we had to settle for Jonah Williams after the Steelers traded up for Devin Bush. 

Quote:Devin Bush is terrible.

He may very well be the worst LB in all of football. Spillane is clearly the better option. Bush runs himself out of every play and never takes good angles. Not to mention he is an AWFUL tackler. Cut this man at half stop wasting time.

Then

Quote:Bush is already wrote off in my book, if he’s still hurt he wouldn’t be playing (Banner). He lost his confidence, and is a straight liability in a already suspect defense.

I have been making this statement for weeks now and people always defend him. Please look up the sunk cost fallacy. We traded up and took him in the first round so people think he should be good. He is not, at least not anymore. He plays as if his dad is making him, just like Justin Fields. He’s done, cut him and move on after this season. But he should not be starting.

You love to see Steelers fans suffering.  Hilarious

Also for a little more : 

Quote:This is the worst blowout loss we’ve suffered since week 2 1989, when we coincidentally also got beat 41-10.

Anyone wanna guess who that was against?

Looks like they were wrong on that one though, lost to Philly by 31 in 2016, but still hilarious.
Reply/Quote
That first half was as complete a beat down in every phase of the game as I have ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 01:52 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Always nervous for this game, but would love nothing more than to put a beat down on them... make it 3 straight W's and finally put those f**kers in the rear-view mirror.

I'm just grooving on how prescient this post was.   Wink
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2021, 06:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: That first half was as complete a beat down in every phase of the game as I have ever seen.

Yep.

Reply/Quote
The ONLY 2 "dings" I see on the "complete beatdown" aspect are...

1. Not being able to punch it in from the 5 after Apple's INT.
2. Burrow's INT late in the 2nd quarter.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2021, 10:10 AM)Tomkat Wrote: The ONLY 2 "dings" I see on the "complete beatdown" aspect are...

1. Not being able to punch it in from the 5 after Apple's INT.
2. Burrow's INT late in the 2nd quarter.

He threw that on purpose to get field position for Hilton's pick six. Convince me I'm wrong..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote