Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we still have a shot at a BYE even if Denver wins?
According to ESPN's playoff machine, there are many scenarios where the Bengals get the BYE even if Denver wins. Check out this (very likely) scenario:

Attached Files Image(s)

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I cannot see it. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: According to ESPN's playoff machine, there are many scenarios where the Bengals get the BYE even if Denver wins. Check out this (very likely) scenario:

Says I don't have permission to access it....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I cannot see it. Mellow

Click the thumb nail.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Ugh why did you attach it haha

Here you go...

[Image: OkW0OLN.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:39 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: According to ESPN's playoff machine, there are many scenarios where the Bengals get the BYE even if Denver wins. Check out this (very likely) scenario:

No. Only if we win and Denver loses. At least that's how I understood it

Anyone?
Reply/Quote
How is that even possible same record Denver gets the tie breaker.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Click the thumb nail.

Holy shit, is that a real projection? 

Cause i heard the only way we get a bye is if the Broncos lose and we win?

That is a real possibility if that is true and might even be likely.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How is that even possible same record Denver gets the tie breaker.

Yeah, same.

Can't be right.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:48 PM).\''Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Holy shit, is that a real projection? 

Cause i heard the only way we get a bye is if the Broncos lose and we win?

That is a real possibility if that is true and might even be likely.

It's ESPN's playoff machine. I entered my predictions for next week and saw the Bengals still in the 2nd seed. I was a little shocked, just trying to figure out if it's accurate
Reply/Quote
I checked that too and figured that it had to be a malfunction on the site or something.  

We need the bye so we just need to hope that we get a break that goes our way for once.
Reply/Quote
If we get the bye and lose the first game do we technically win a playoff game with the bye? Ninja
Reply/Quote
Head to head overrides breaking a two way tie.

So no.
Reply/Quote
It is not accurate. My guess is that ESPN has not updated their formulas to account for last night's result.

The Bengals need to win and have Denver lose to get the bye. Any other result puts them in as the #3 seed.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: It's ESPN's playoff machine. I entered my predictions for next week and saw the Bengals still in the 2nd seed. I was a little shocked, just trying to figure out if it's accurate

Hmmm, has to be a screw up man. We just lost the tie breaker with the Broncos, we have to win and they have to lose.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:41 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Click the thumb nail.

I did....it still wouldn't let me see it....Google Chrome issue maybe?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So, we get the Jets most likely. Not a bad matchup for us especially with McCarron's injury only being a
sprain and hopefully Eifert back. We can definately beat the Jets in our place, this would make me happy
and then Dalton making it back for the next game.

Cool
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:45 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: How is that even possible same record Denver gets the tie breaker.

Right that's what I was thinking. Head to head is the first tie breaker, right?
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:42 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Ugh why did you attach it haha

Here you go...

I know how to upload images, but not directly from my iphone. The only upload option looks like thumb nail. I even tried loading it to Facebook and copying the image, but that didn't work either.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:54 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: It is not accurate.  My guess is that ESPN has not updated their formulas to account for last night's result.

The Bengals need to win and have Denver lose to get the bye.  Any other result puts them in as the #3 seed.

Not true. The Bengals could lose and still get the bye. If Denver loses and KC wins all 3 will be tied at 11-5. Now first tie breaker would be to decide the AFC west champ which would be KC because of better conference record. Then tie breaker for #2 spot which would go to Cincy because of head to head win. Either way Denver losing has to happen.
Reply/Quote