Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we still have a shot at a BYE even if Denver wins?
(12-29-2015, 03:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So, we get the Jets most likely. Not a bad matchup for us especially with McCarron's injury only being a
sprain and hopefully Eifert back. We can definately beat the Jets in our place, this would make me happy
and then Dalton making it back for the next game.

Cool

The Jets are arguably the most complete AFC Team holding a playoff spot right now, matter of fact I would say both, Kansas City (5th seed) and N.Y. (6th seed), are two of the top 3 teams in the AFC playoff picture. The Jets beat Marv and co. ass in 2009 Playoffs, and unless Andy is back, will have no trouble doing it again!

This is a weird year in the AFC because of all the injuries to the teams that have been the best in the conference during the year. The Patriots are walking wounded, The Broncos lose P. Manning to injury and now have a QB controversy, The Bengals lose Dalton who was playing at an elite level during the season and been many games without Eifert and key defensive personnel,  and both the Texans and Colts don't have QB's. Point is K.C. and N.Y. have their starting QB's from the season playing at a high level with very good defenses.

Current wild card matchups would be:

(5) Kansas City v. (4) Houston- Kansas City will be easily favored

(6) N.Y. Jets v. (3) Cincinnati- if McCarron is QB Jets will be favored
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Holy shit, is that a real projection? 

Cause i heard the only way we get a bye is if the Broncos lose and we win?

That is a real possibility if that is true and might even be likely.

That is the only scenario - had we won and won again next week and pats lost we would have
had the 1 seed.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:21 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: The Jets are arguably the most complete AFC Team holding a playoff spot right now, matter of fact I would say both, Kansas City (5th seed) and N.Y. (6th seed), are two of the top 3 teams in the AFC playoff picture. The Jets beat Marv and co. ass in 2009 Playoffs, and unless Andy is back, will have no trouble doing it again!

This is a weird year in the AFC because of all the injuries to the teams that have been the best in the conference during the year. The Patriots are walking wounded, The Broncos lose P. Manning to injury and now have a QB controversy, The Bengals lose Dalton who was playing at an elite level during the season and been many games without Eifert and key defensive personnel,  and both the Texans and Colts don't have QB's. Point is K.C. and N.Y. have their starting QB's from the season playing at a high level with very good defenses.

Yeah, all true. All great points here, the Jets are good and have a great Defense and running game
with weapons on the Offensive side. Fitzpatrick doesn't scare me though, i still think we could beat
them with McCarron in PBS. We just about beat the best Defense in the league without Eifert.

Bottomline, with Eifert back i think we can win.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:21 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I know how to upload images, but not directly from my iphone. The only upload option looks like thumb nail. I even tried loading it to Facebook and copying the image, but that didn't work either.

Gotta load it to imgur. That's what I use.... I'm on iPhone or iPad usually when I'm on here
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 04:21 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: The Jets are arguably the most complete AFC Team holding a playoff spot right now, matter of fact I would say both, Kansas City (5th seed) and N.Y. (6th seed), are two of the top 3 teams in the AFC playoff picture. The Jets beat Marv and co. ass in 2009 Playoffs, and unless Andy is back, will have no trouble doing it again!

Good post. I think we would be favored by like 3.5 The jets are a very inexperienced playoff team especially at critical positions.

Plus they have no answer for marvin jones or Eifert. And they will still need to help Revis over the top vs AJ.
Reply/Quote
See http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Week-17-Playoff-Scenarios?pid=137753#pid137753

If Kansas City win the West then the seeding tiebreaker will be us vs the Chiefs NOT us vs the Broncos.

There's still a chance!
Reply/Quote
The Jets are HOT right now and they are essentially ....the Broncos D with a much better O. Lol

I would rather face KC, Denver, or Houston.

Jets and Pats are the two I fear.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2015, 05:04 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: See http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Week-17-Playoff-Scenarios?pid=137753#pid137753

If Kansas City win the West then the seeding tiebreaker will be us vs the Chiefs NOT us vs the Broncos.

There's still a chance!

Good work kitten. Need to reward you with some bangers and mash. Wink
Reply/Quote
If Kansas City, Denver and Cincinnati lose, Denver gets the number 2 seed.
If Cincinnati and Denver lose but Kansas City wins, Cincinnati gets the number 2 seed.
If Cincinnati wins and Denver loses, Cincinnati gets the number 2 seed.
If Denver wins, they get the number 2 no matter what.

Denver controls their own destiny, they win they get the first round bye.

Let's just hope the Bengals take care of business at home and come what may. The Bengals had their chance and lost, now they need help to get that much needed bye.

No matter though, the Bengals are going all the way this year. I even believe that no matter where they end up, the AFC Championsip game will be played in Cincinnati. Crazy, I know but I do believe it. If that don't happen, I will leave the boards until midnight that night it don't, lol.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote