Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we still need a LG?
All talk has been guard or tackle rd1. But Cordell volson has been playing DAMN good football of late. If you wanna go off grades it’s post bye.

49ers-63
Bills-51.8
Texans-65.7
Ravens-52.7
Steelers-75.2
Jaguars-71.5
Colts-65.5
Vikings-77.2

Pff isn’t the end all be all, but good start. Is it finally clicking? And if we resign Jonah, where would we go first rd or 2?
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 02:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: All talk has been guard or tackle rd1. But Cordell volson has been playing DAMN good football of late. If you wanna go off grades it’s post bye.

49ers-63
Bills-51.8
Texans-65.7
Ravens-52.7
Steelers-75.2
Jaguars-71.5
Colts-65.5
Vikings-77.2

Pff isn’t the end all be all, but good start. Is it finally clicking? And if we resign Jonah, where would we go first rd or 2?

We will be somewhere in bottom half each round; so same as always, BPA.
Reply/Quote
Given the inconsistency from both guards and the center, it would probably be good to draft an interior offensive lineman in either the second, third, or fourth round just for the sake of better depth. I was hoping that Jaxon Kirkland would impress enough in either the preseason or practice to start getting some playing time just to see if there was a better internal option.
Reply/Quote
Even if we resign Williams at RT, the OL backups are Carman, Hill, and D'Ante Smith. I'd like to see an T/G and a C/G in FA and the draft.
Reply/Quote
Scharping and Ford will be UFA's, so I think reserve G will be a need. Might want to look for a guy that also has C flexibility just because it seems like they don't have confidence in Hill after training Scharping to also fill backup C duties. Should be several candidates in the 3-5 range that would fit the bill.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-17-2023, 02:18 PM)Jpoore Wrote: All talk has been guard or tackle rd1. But Cordell volson has been playing DAMN good football of late. If you wanna go off grades it’s post bye.

49ers-63
Bills-51.8
Texans-65.7
Ravens-52.7
Steelers-75.2
Jaguars-71.5
Colts-65.5
Vikings-77.2

If Volson continues to play like he has the past month, I think LG is covered.
If by some miracle Jonah and Higgins also both re-sign on multi-year deals, that would also REALLY open up the early rounds.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Yeah, agree that if Volson keeps this up LG is covered. But we still need good depth on the interior and at Tackle. Need to add a RT for
depth in this draft at the very least. Think we should add a RT in FA that is somewhat proven to keep our OL decent.
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2023, 03:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: Scharping and Ford will be UFA's, so I think reserve G will be a need.  Might want to look for a guy that also has C flexibility just because it seems like they don't have confidence in Hill after training Scharping to also fill backup C duties.  Should be several candidates in the 3-5 range that would fit the bill.

Ted Karras last year is 2024 he will be 31 and Alex Cappa's last year is 2025 he will be 30.

A shot at a Center/Guard prospect in a good OL class wouldnt be the worst idea even if he does ride the bench for a season. Depth and competition on the OL never hurt either.

Everyone is gonna hear me say this alot this draft season I'm hoping the Bengals can figure out a way to get more top 100 picks in this draft. It's such a great class. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote