Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
November Mock
I did not see the Bengals sitting at 3-5-1 with seven games to go. They very well could be picking in the top half of the draft.

With that said, I think the Bengals really need to address these three positions:
- defensive end
- offensive line
- linebacker

I also think this team needs to make 1-2 good pickups in FA if they want any shot at a deep playoff run.

Re-Sign:
Andrew Whitworth
Kevin Zeitler
Rex Burkhead

Free Agency:
Jabaal Sheard, DE NE - I wanted the Bengals to sign Sheard two years ago, but he signed to NE instead. Sheard has 11.5 sacks so far with NE (8.0 last year, 3.5 so far this year), leading them in sacks the past two seasons. However, he's falling out of favor because Trey Flowers has been pushing for more playing time. Sheard will want to go to a team where he's wanted and needed. He's a better RDE than MJ and would be the upgrade the Bengals need in the pass rush department.

Kenny Britt, WR LA - Britt, IMO, has always struck me as a guy that just couldn't pan out as a WR1 but could really thrive as WR2. He's posted ~600-800 yards six times out of his now eight seasons. He's got good size and a strong skill set to be a very good WR2 opposite Green and won't command Alshon Jeffery money.

Cut:
Rey Maualuga if the Bengals need the cap space (save $3.7 million)

Draft:
I know that the Bengals should get at least a couple compensatory picks based on last year's FA departures. I'm not sure what those will be, but I will predict two 4th-rounders and a 5th-rounder.

1:Reuben Foster, ILB Alabama (6'3", 230 lb) - Foster is a heat seeking missile. He commands the defense, he has incredible instincts, ability to cover with sideline-to-sideline speed, and can hit like a truck. A clear upgrade in the middle, allowing the team to finally move on from Maualuga.

2: Pat Elflein, C/OG Ohio St (6'2", 300 lb) - Even though Bodine has had some good games this year, he also will enter a contract year next year and is replaceable. One of Elflein, Pocic, or Mason Cole should be available here. I'm expecting Pocic would be gone but Elflein would be available. He's a very strong blocker with great character and work ethic. He would solidify the middle of the line.

3: Zach Banner, OT USC (6'8", 360 lb) - Talk about a mountain of a man. Banner is a force at the point of attack and gets great push off the line of scrimmage. He's also athletic enough that he played both OT positions at USC. However, he isn't quite athletic enough to be a LT in the NFL, but should be a very good road grader at RT.

4: Jalen Reeves-Maybin, LB Tennessee (6'0", 230 lb) - For those who still want an instinctive, playmaking LB that can fly around the field, look no further than Jalen Reeves-Maybin. Maybin can not only excel in coverage, but can also contribute against the run. He also has ST experience, which Bengals coaches covet. JRM would be a great addition to this team, likely emerging as a starting OLB.

4comp1: Travin Dural, WR LSU (6'2", 203 lb) - Going into this season, I thought there was no way Dural would be anything less than a third rounder. However, the LSU QB situation has been so bad, they haven't been able to take advantage of neither Dupre nor Dural. When I think of Dural and Dupre, I think of Landry and OBJ. Both sets of WRs underutilized in college and should be far better in the NFL. Dural has the size, speed, and skill set to emerge as a very good WR2 in the NFL.

4comp2: Kareem Hunt, RB Toledo (5'11", 225 lb) - Currently PFF's top rated college RB, Hunt is a bigger RB that can also catch out of the backfield. He is powerful and tough enough to handle running between the tackles. With Gio locked up with a new contract, Hill may not get re-signed and Hunt could be that replacement. Even if not, though, Hunt should provide some quality depth

5: Chidobe Awuzie, CB Colorado (5'11", 205 lb) - A good, versatile CB that can play inside and out. He has fluid hips to stick with receivers, can come downhill well to stuff the run, and even get after the passer.

5comp: Vincent Taylor, DT Oklahoma St (6'2", 310 lb) - Another pass rusher with good size to try and bolster the DL. He has the versatility, size, and experience to line up at both DT spots in a 4-3.

6: Tony Conner, S Ole Miss (6'0", 225 lb) - Prior to Conner's injury last year, Conner was being discussed as one of the top DBs in college. After injury, he's seemed to have lost something, but is still a quality DB. He has versatility to play both safety spots and shouldn't be as much of a liability in coverage compared to last year's drafted safety, Fejedelem.

7: Zane Gonzalez, K Arizona St (6'1", 195 lb) - The Bengals need to move on from Nugent. Enter Gonzalez, who just broke Dustin Hopkins' college career made FGs record. Also, while his career FG% is 83.3%, he is 22/23 so far this year (95.7%). He also has the leg to hit 50+ yarders consistently. In this year alone, Gonzalez is 6/7 from 50+ with a long of 59 yards (!).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like Vincent Taylor
Reply/Quote
I don't think I can make a new thread but here is my mock sorry bro not trying to hijack your thread. I think we will get a 5th round comp pick it would be nice at least

1. Zach Cunningham ILB
2. Ethan Pocic C
3. Nick Chubb RB
4. Larry Ogunjobi DT
5. Pat Mahomes QB
5b. Tyrone Swoopes TE
6. Josh Carraway DE
7. Kennan Gilchrist LB/S
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2016, 01:18 AM)seahawkscheat Wrote: I don't think I can make a new thread but here is my mock sorry bro not trying to hijack your thread. I think we will get a 5th round comp pick it would be nice at least

1. Zach Cunningham ILB
2. Ethan Pocic C
3. Nick Chubb RB
4. Larry Ogunjobi DT
5. Pat Mahomes QB
5b. Tyrone Swoopes TE
6. Josh Carraway DE
7. Kennan Gilchrist LB/S

If we are drafting in the 10-12 range, I wouldn't want Cunningham.  There are going to be much better propects at that spot.

I think it's time we finally use a first round pick om a D-lineman.  
Reply/Quote