Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do we trust Zac Taylor with the first overall QB?
(12-01-2019, 01:43 PM)pally Wrote: Jared Goff seems to have taken a step backward without Zac as his coach

I saw a story that Goff goes out drinking and partying. Obviously just a rumor.

https://www.prosportsdaily.com/articles/rumors-are-that-alleged-drinking-and-partying-to-blame-for-jared-goffs-regression-601696.html
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 06:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I honestly don't know why he was even considered a HC candidate in the first place?

This guy has leapfrogged many other coordinators and coaches that have more experience.

Just a terrible choice and has not flashed any sign of a great football mind as was claimed.

The thing I'm most pissed about is how the ownership has floundered.

It's not a re-build.  It's not a win-now.  What the F is it?

[Image: th?id=OIP.1SKpuiAZyLlwL69rm6-eRAHaE8&pid...=239&h=160] [Image: th?id=OIP.VyQXZ-Tqnv0uToknI_FAsQHaE8&pid...=261&h=175]  [Image: th?id=OIP.ELoMvGdfj6kioqMhD1bFDwHaGV&pid...=189&h=163]

With our small scouting staff and lack of GM, the best we as fans can hope for is catching lightning in a bottle in a few drafts in a row. There will be no sustained success under this management team. We've seen that over 30 years.

Now, IF Burrow is some great QB...and we draft him...then maybe that is lighting.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2019, 11:45 PM)Synric Wrote: The playbook as been extremely limited due to lack of run game, offensive line issues, and no speed at WR.

Fact is when you start the season with your #1 playmaker injured, best linemen retired, and 3rd string LT, and then an early injury to the only WR with any speed it isnt going to be pretty.

Truth. Today, we had the threat of a run game that got yards when needed, we got good play from the defense, Glenn is a pretty sizable upgrade over the turds we've had at LT ALL SEASON LONG, and the line has played a bit better in general. Dalton went back to just letting the damn thing fly. Got us a nice PI, and a few contested balls. This defense is no slouch we played today. Our team was the most complete it's been all year. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good grief *****....enjoy the damn W! Rolleyes

Reply/Quote
nope because he will play the team right out of that #1 pick.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Truth. Today, we had the threat of a run game that got yards when needed, we got good play from the defense, Glenn is a pretty sizable upgrade over the turds we've had at LT ALL SEASON LONG, and the line has played a bit better in general. Dalton went back to just letting the damn thing fly. Got us a nice PI, and a few contested balls. This defense is no slouch we played today. Our team was the most complete it's been all year. 

It was like Seattle game Andy.

For whatever reason...teams stopped trying to attack our defense outside too. Kind of odd.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:04 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It was like Seattle game Andy.

For whatever reason...teams stopped trying to attack our defense outside too. Kind of odd.

As I've said in other threads....Dennard has been a missed piece on the edge. He is our surest tackler in the secondary, and has played very good in run support the prior two weeks. Pratt is playing better too.  We've also been thin up front. We're getting some subs back now, that keeps Dunlap, Hubbard, Lawson, and Atkins fresher. Ya think that's showed up any lately?  Also, players seem to be a bit more comfortable in the scheme. Webb is just outclassed in talent, and Vigil is hit or miss, but other positions have shored it up a bit.

I know it's cute to shit all over everything, but these are some indisputable facts that have led to better defensive play.....even at the edge. Archuletta hasn't done recent homework.

Dalton got good protection today. Contrary to what blind dumbass haters say, that's all it takes to get a good game out of him. When you give him time, he usually finds the open target, and finds it QUICKLY. The difference today was, he didn't seem to care if he turned it over, he just let it rip. I think it helped him to take a step back....and get a semblance of a run game and better blocking.

Reply/Quote
Dolphins won today too. There is NO WAY we beat NE. I hope to beat CLE one time, planting that friggin Okie like a batch of petunias, and I'm good for the season. I see two more wins, MAX. We're good.

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: As I've said in other threads....Dennard has been a missed piece on the edge. He is our surest tackler in the secondary, and has played very good in run support the prior two weeks. Pratt is playing better too.  We've also been thin up front. We're getting some subs back now, that keeps Dunlap, Hubbard, Lawson, and Atkins fresher. Ya think that's showed up any lately?  Also, players seem to be a bit more comfortable in the scheme. Webb is just outclassed in talent, and Vigil is hit or miss, but other positions have shored it up a bit.

I know it's cute to shit all over everything, but these are some indisputable facts that have led to better defensive play.....even at the edge. Archuletta hasn't done recent homework.

Dalton got good protection today. Contrary to what blind dumbass haters say, that's all it takes to get a good game out of him. When you give him time, he usually finds the open target, and finds it QUICKLY. The difference today was, he didn't seem to care if he turned it over, he just let it rip. I think it helped him to take a step back....and get a semblance of a run game and better blocking.

I think he did tap his inner gunslinger today. Couple plays go different and it's 32-6 or more.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2019, 07:14 PM)Wyche Wrote: As I've said in other threads....Dennard has been a missed piece on the edge. He is our surest tackler in the secondary, and has played very good in run support the prior two weeks. Pratt is playing better too.  We've also been thin up front. We're getting some subs back now, that keeps Dunlap, Hubbard, Lawson, and Atkins fresher. Ya think that's showed up any lately?  Also, players seem to be a bit more comfortable in the scheme. Webb is just outclassed in talent, and Vigil is hit or miss, but other positions have shored it up a bit.

Dalton didn't seem to have the happy feet and rush throws too. He stood in the pocket and had good mechanics. The 3 games off definitely helped him gain some perspective.

The line did create a nice pocket today. The Jets tried, but got no pressure.

Note: Price was benched for MJ. Maybe MJ has improved from practice. I don't think we've seen him much. Price's pass blocking has been documented as terrible.
Reply/Quote