Poll: Do you enjoy the Pre-Season Games
Yes
No
Don't think about them
Pay money to see them
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do you Enjoy Preseason?
I love football, so I watch. It's like being a teenager and getting to 2nd base. You take what you get.
Reply/Quote
I like getting a chance to see the young guys play but, on the whole, I can take or leave the preseason.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I like preseason up until they take the starters out in game 3, it gets boring quick after that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 12:32 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Do you enjoy the preseason games?  I have a tendency to avoid watching them, I do not know if it means I am not interested cause there is no competitive nature to the game that counts, or afraid of unnecessary injuries.  

Do you enjoy preseason games or just can't wait for them to be over

do you pay to watch a preseason game?

I love football regardless so i watch any time a game is on. I know what Preseason games are for.

They don't count in the win column but young players get some looks and it might be the last time they get some.

It is a good way to see depth and root for underdogs which i do often.

Never would pay to watch a preseason game though....
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 01:04 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I like seeing the depth and new players on a team I follow, and even the teams I don't follow have some interesting stuff going on.  There is usually a washed-up QB playing backup now in a new uniform that is interesting to see, or something like that.

I will say, I try to get stuff done while pre-season games are on, so I'm not actively watching them but I like them. Plus, they aren't going away so I may as well make the most of it.

I agree with this completely.

It's fun seeing the new guys and some of the depth guys that don't really get much of a chance to go out there and show that they can play. I keep hoping every year that with all the player safety stuff that the league will get smart and just increase the roster size. There are some guys that have the talent just need time to develop it more or get coached up more and they fall between the cracks with the roster crunch.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 11:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I like preseason up until they take the starters out in game 3, it gets boring quick after that.

but without it we would never have had the puke puke pass TD play...
Reply/Quote
3 days, 1hr and 11 minutes until kickoff. Need this shit. Offseason has been way too long.

Reply/Quote
Football is Football. I'll watch anything. Regardless of team, level or skill.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Kickoff is less than 48 hours away and I'm as happy as a little girl!

[Image: RedThoseKiskadee-max-1mb.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Yes, but only Bengal games.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I love to watch the lower tier guys fight for a job
Reply/Quote
Watched the Broncos/Seahawks game last night.

Broncos O-line looked good and dominated early in the run game.

Seahawks looked pretty bad early but they did have Wilson shelved.

Hard to take much from this game though. Flacco didn't look great, Geno Smith was his normal self, meh.
Reply/Quote
Yes, its the start of the season. Looking forward to a new coach & system.
Reply/Quote
Pre-Season NFL games are just weird. I just watch for the injury drama and am always amazed how bad NFL quarterback prospects can be. I do enjoy seeing the Bengals playing in a game, even if its simulated and weird.
[Image: 5Lx1vqY]
Reply/Quote
I love preseason. Watching the rookies and the depth behind the starters. I try to catch other teams games with first round qb's.

Watching the D tonight you're glad there's 3 more games to improve.

Imagine if the season would be starting after one more game.... and how does that help develop the rookies and depth.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Preseason > No Football
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2019, 12:32 PM)Marlon23 Wrote: Do you enjoy the preseason games?  I have a tendency to avoid watching them, I do not know if it means I am not interested cause there is no competitive nature to the game that counts, or afraid of unnecessary injuries.  

Do you enjoy preseason games or just can't wait for them to be over

do you pay to watch a preseason game?

They are not there to be enjoyed.  Preseason games are however very necessary.  None of these teams are ready for regular season, especially New Dey Bengals coming off 3 losing seasons and new head coach. 

The players union has really cut back on practice time in pads.  There was a time I thought preseason went too long, but the players union has changed my opinion.  These players and coaches are in dire need of some pad and hits football to get ready for regular season.  From the preseason I've seen, these teams are not close to ready for the season.   

Be it exhibition, MLB, NBA or NFL, the games are sloppy.  The timing is way off.  They are rusty.  Turnovers and penalties.  Teams weeding out the Over The Hills, The Too Greens and The Not Enough Talent Never Will Be's.   The games are lousy and hard to watch.  I'm amazed at what they charge on tickets to watch this garbage.  

Are they fun to watch, No.....Are they needed, Yes.   The Bengals just gave the new head coach game film of how bad this team is, but at least he now knows what he was brought in to fix in February.  Bengals may look great against each other, but against other teams not so hot. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2019, 01:17 AM)jj22 Wrote: I love preseason. Watching the rookies and the depth behind the starters. I try to catch other teams games with first round qb's.

Watching the D tonight you're glad there's 3 more games to improve.

Imagine if the season would be starting after one more game.... and how does that help develop the rookies and depth.

I still don't understand why people are wanting to change the Preseason.

You need at the least 4 games to prepare your team.

(08-11-2019, 05:10 AM)kevin Wrote: They are not there to be enjoyed.  Preseason games are however very necessary.  None of these teams are ready for regular season, especially New Dey Bengals coming off 3 losing seasons and new head coach. 

The players union has really cut back on practice time in pads.  There was a time I thought preseason went too long, but the players union has changed my opinion.  These players and coaches are in dire need of some pad and hits football to get ready for regular season.  From the preseason I've seen, these teams are not close to ready for the season.   

Be it exhibition, MLB, NBA or NFL, the games are sloppy.  The timing is way off.  They are rusty.  Turnovers and penalties.  Teams weeding out the Over The Hills, The Too Greens and The Not Enough Talent Never Will Be's.   The games are lousy and hard to watch.  I'm amazed at what they charge on tickets to watch this garbage.  

Are they fun to watch, No.....Are they needed, Yes.   The Bengals just gave the new head coach game film of how bad this team is, but at least he now knows what he was brought in to fix in February.  Bengals may look great against each other, but against other teams not so hot. 

Exactly, need some time to get up to par so we all can enjoy some great football.
Reply/Quote