Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you know?
Did you know that besides "Cincy" and "The Queen City" other nicknames for Cincinnati are "Albyon" and "Fountain City"?

Did you know that Cincinnati is also the first American city in the United States since it was the first city established after the Revolutionary War?

Did you know that the Cerew Tower in Downtown Cincinnati was once the tallest building in the world, I think in the world but could be the United States?

Did you know that two thirds of the population of the United States is within one days drive of Cincinnati?

Did you know that Cincinnati birthed four Presidents of the United States?

Did you know that Paul Brown names the Cincinnati Bengals after the professional football team in Cincinnati back in the 30's called the Cincinnati Bengals?
Reply/Quote
Glue.

[Image: skyline-chili.jpg?itok=voaY7Ye0]

Ninja
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Did you know that Penn Station Subs started in Cincinnati?
Reply/Quote
Yeah, that still hardly makes up for mayor Jerry Springer and this chicken dance world record thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No I did not
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Did you know that Mike Brown once confessed on 700WLW that 8-8 was the ideal season for an NFL owner? ISYN!

Reply/Quote
Did you know the last time the allegedly pro football team from Cincinnati won a playoff game...

The Cold War was not yet formally ended between the US and Russia.
Roughly half of Jeffery Dahmer's victims were still alive.
Being gay was medically coded as a mental and behavioral disorder.
Not a single Bengals draft pick from the last 4 years was alive, except for AJ McCarron.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 03:52 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Did you know that Mike Brown once confessed on 700WLW that 8-8 was the ideal season for an NFL owner? ISYN!

He then lapsed into a story about how he used to spend a nickel to take a trolley to watch the Phillies at Shibe Park and still have enough left over for a steak dinner.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 08:20 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: He then lapsed into a story about how he used to spend a nickel to take a trolley to watch the Phillies at Shibe Park and still have enough left over for a steak dinner.

Seriously, I wasn’t kidding.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 08:51 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Seriously, I wasn’t kidding.

No, I know.  It's been repeated a few times by folks over the years.  The playoffs bring expenses an 8-8 season doesn't.  I was just reinforcing the stereotype of him being old and miserly, as though a reminder were needed.
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2018, 12:01 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah, that still hardly makes up for mayor Jerry Springer and this chicken dance world record thing.

Did you know that Jerry Springer was Mayor of Cincinnati and while Mayor got into some trouble for hiring a hooker?

The only reason he got into trouble was because he wrote a bad check that the hooker tried to cash?

Lol
Reply/Quote