Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you remember?
Sun Country Wine Coolers that came in 2 liter plastic bottles for I think $4 or $5?

What about the first car cd player where you had to put the disc in a plastic case to play?

How about this commercial?

A pack of Camel Filters costing .99?

The Space Shuttle blowing up with the teacher on it and the really stupid jokes that followed?

Sam Kinason?

Stevie Ray Vaughan?

David Bowie in movies like "Labyrinth"?

That Micheal Jackson vs Prince talent war?

Prince being followed by his body guard to receive an award and Cyndi Lauper doing the same thing mocking him? 
Reply/Quote
We used to go back roading with those 2L bottles.
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2017, 08:33 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Sun Country Wine Coolers that came in 2 liter plastic bottles for I think $4 or $5?

What about the first car cd player where you had to put the disc in a plastic case to play?

How about this commercial?

A pack of Camel Filters costing .99?

The Space Shuttle blowing up with the teacher on it and the really stupid jokes that followed?

Sam Kinason?

Stevie Ray Vaughan?

David Bowie in movies like "Labyrinth"?

That Micheal Jackson vs Prince talent war?

Prince being followed by his body guard to receive an award and Cyndi Lauper doing the same thing mocking him? 

Yes to all the above. Also remember little kings, Penny candy, 8 track tapes, smoking weed with a toilet paper roll and aluminum foil, Dr Creep, Clubhouse 22, dukes of hazard on Friday night, 25 cent comic books, Etc.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2017, 09:21 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes to all the above. Also remember little kings, Penny candy, 8 track tapes, smoking weed with a toilet paper roll and aluminum foil, Dr Creep, Clubhouse 22, dukes of hazard on Friday night, 25 cent comic books, Etc.

Bob Shreve - this guy was...was...I can't explain him
The Cool Ghoul - hated this guy
3 channels plus 48 and 19 and on a clear day you could pick up channels 2, 22 in Dayton.
Little Kings, Stroz, Top Hat, Burger beers
Cross County didn't exist
Since MTV didn't show music by Prince, Micheal Jackson and the like, BET had a show called UFO hosted by Donnie Simpson.
Trotta's Pizza
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2017, 09:21 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yes to all the above. Also remember little kings, Penny candy, 8 track tapes, smoking weed with a toilet paper roll and aluminum foil, Dr Creep, Clubhouse 22, dukes of hazard on Friday night, 25 cent comic books, Etc.

Ah, Clubhouse 22.  Used to watch that every afternoon after school.  I was jealous because my cousins once got to go to a taping.  While there, they got to see Duffy the Dog out of costume, and it was a girl.  No lie.  And, my dad was a big devotee of Dr. Creep and Shock Theater every Saturday afternoon.  Came on after roller derby.  I miss the world of independent, UHF television.  It was the wild west.

Friday night tv was good.  You had The Dukes of Hazard followed by Dallas.  Saturday night was good, too, with The Love Boat and Fantasy Island block.  Now, Saturday night tv is re-runs and the crap not good enough to be on another night.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote