Poll: Is frank Gore a hall of famer?
yes
no
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you think Frank Gore is a hall of a famer?
(07-22-2015, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually it is very rare for a guy his age to gain that many yards.

In the history of the NFL only 3 RBs have gained over 1100 yards in their 11th season or later.  Walter Payton and John Riggins did it twice while Emmit Smith did it once.

If Gore can do that then he would have good shot at the Hall of Fame, but I am betting he doesn't.

He said 1100 over two years.

Way more likely.
Reply/Quote
Should he get in? No.
Will he? Probably because of the weird numbers set up voters tend to follow.

He belongs in the hall of the very good.
Reply/Quote
If he can put up decent numbers and get a ring in Indy, then I think he gets in.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2015, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually it is very rare for a guy his age to gain that many yards.

In the history of the NFL only 3 RBs have gained over 1100 yards in their 11th season or later.  Walter Payton and John Riggins did it twice while Emmit Smith did it once.

If Gore can do that then he would have good shot at the Hall of Fame, but I am betting he doesn't.

1100 over 2 years (the length of his contract with Indy) shouldn't be too hard.

However, Gore is a professional and he's always in great shape.

Did you know that he ran against a league leading 76 8 or more men in the box last year at SF? That's something he's not going to see to often in Indy, not only that, but he's a very good catcher out of the backfield and that is something that he will see a lot more of in Indy.

I wouldn't bet against him doing it in one year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote