Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you trust FO to draft well?
(04-24-2023, 01:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Everybody is overlooking Luke Musgrave. Yeah, he had the knee injury last year, but prior to that he was balling, and is the best athlete out of the whole bunch. He's probably the rawest of the top 5 Tight Ends, but he reminds me of Eifert.  Comes from a football playing and coaching family. It won't hurt my feelings at all to take him. 

Unless I missed it, he was tackled by the first defender that touched him in every clip. I realize it's a small sample size but I'd think whoever made that video would have included some longer runs and broken tackles. We already have Mixon that goes down with first contact.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 12:16 PM)mrredneck Wrote: Taylors first year, they totally sucked at drafting, since that draft they have hit grand slams.This year  I have been all in for a stud sack rusher, figuring they's be gone, so I got enamored with a great blocking tight end, now I am excited about the damage Gibbs could do against defenses.
Playing PFN mock draft when you are waiting 5-10 minutes here or there, shows how difficult it can be to get the best player and fill out needs, would love at least 1 extra top 100 pick. 

Bijan Robinson is pretty much the only RB that has a real shot at getting picked round 1, Gibbs might be fringe but if you are talking positional value in round 1, the Bengals can easily talk themselves out of Robinson and take Forbes or Grimes or the CB out of UGA over him. Good CBs, or get Breece or Campbell the pass rushing DTs. They can get good production out of Tyjai Spears or Charbonnet in later rounds.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 11:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A lot of fans and a mocks have us taking a TE with 1st round pick. If Mayer, Kincaid and Washington are available, but Bengals draft Laporta for example. Would you accept their decision?

A lot of fans lock in on THEIR PLAYER. How do you navigate the picks when they go against your picks?

If we take Kincaid for example, I will have to trust the process. I honestly don't want this guy as I think he will be a bust due to 
being injured all the time and the fact he cannot block and makes us predictable on Offense. Hope I am wrong if Kincaid is the 
pick. Doubt he is though with the Irv Smith Jr signing who isn't the best blocker either. 

Expecting a Corner at 28 like Forbes though and that is as solid of a pick as you could get in the first round. If we go TE it better
be Washington or Mayer.
Reply/Quote
I do. Think they have done pretty well the last few years. They need to get better at drafting o line though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 02:39 PM)Mer Wrote: Unless I missed it, he was tackled by the first defender that touched him in every clip. I realize it's a small sample size but I'd think whoever made that video would have included some longer runs and broken tackles. We already have Mixon that goes down with first contact.  Ninja

He gets downfield, catches the ball, and moves the chains, which is what the Bengals need their Tight Ends to do. 
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 01:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Everybody is overlooking Luke Musgrave. Yeah, he had the knee injury last year, but prior to that he was balling, and is the best athlete out of the whole bunch. He's probably the rawest of the top 5 Tight Ends, but he reminds me of Eifert.  Comes from a football playing and coaching family. It won't hurt my feelings at all to take him. 

There is obviously a major lack of production, but I also saw where he has the lowest contested catch % of the top TEs...?  That would seem to be significant.  There is no doubting his athleticism.  

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 03:42 PM)casear2727 Wrote: There is obviously a major lack of production, but I also saw where he has the lowest contested catch % of the top TEs...?  That would seem to be significant.  There is no doubting his athleticism.  

Yeah, wouldn't mind Musgrave in the 2nd or 3rd round due to what you say here. Lack of production, been injured and low contested 
catch percentage makes me hesitant with him. Great athlete though and looks the part, seems to be an okay blocker unlike Kincaid.

Still, if we are going off of what a TE could be, I would prefer Darnell Washington and he could fall to the 2nd round for all we know.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 03:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, wouldn't mind Musgrave in the 2nd or 3rd round due to what you say here. Lack of production, been injured and low contested 
catch percentage makes me hesitant with him. Great athlete though and looks the part, seems to be an okay blocker unlike Kincaid.

Still, if we are going off of what a TE could be, I would prefer Darnell Washington and he could fall to the 2nd round for all we know.

Musgrave won't go until the 2nd...
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 11:34 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: A lot of fans and a mocks have us taking a TE with 1st round pick. If Mayer, Kincaid and Washington are available, but Bengals draft Laporta for example. Would you accept their decision?

A lot of fans lock in on THEIR PLAYER. How do you navigate the picks when they go against your picks?

Yes, I would accept their decision but would question why they didn't trade down into the second round and pick up additional picks. If all three of the main TE's are on the board when the Bengals pick at 28 there's a very good chance that LaPorta is available when they pick at 60. If the Bengals take LaPorta at 28 he better be the next Gronk, Kelce or Kittle. This TE class is deep.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 03:54 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, wouldn't mind Musgrave in the 2nd or 3rd round due to what you say here. Lack of production, been injured and low contested 

Washington might drop to the 2nd round but there is little to no chance he's there at 60. If the Bengals want Washington they should try to trade the number 28th pick for an early 2nd round pick and try to get an additional 3rd or 4h round pick. They could end up with Washington and maybe pick up a running back in the 3rd or 4th and send Mixon packing after June 1st.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Musgrave won't go until the 2nd...

Id love for us to take Musgrave in the 2nd. Some people think he could be the TE in this class. 

This class is just so damn deep at TE. Just another reaason not to draft one at 28. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Id love for us to take Musgrave in the 2nd. Some people think he could be the TE in this class. 

This class is just so damn deep at TE. Just another reason not to draft one at 28. 

I think the class is deep also. I think the Bengals take either CB or a DL with pick 28. If given the chance, I will think they will trade out of #28 and go to early in second round and add a 3rd or 4th round pick if they do a trade.

I think 5 QB's go in round 1 and if Hooker is still available when we draft, I see a team like the Raiders seeking to get our pick.

But if they do take a TE, I will respect their decision.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I mean we have to, but I really don't want to hear that they drafted what we would call a reach because "we didn't see him being there the next round." They know how to trade down when they target questionable picks (Carmen, Mixon, Price), so they know how to work the phones.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 05:27 PM)phil413 Wrote: I mean we have to, but I really don't want to hear that they drafted what we would call a reach because "we didn't see him being there the next round."  They know how to trade down when they target questionable picks (Carmen, Mixon, Price), so they know how to work the phones.

How is Mixon a questionable pick? He has produced above his draft status. I don't recall trading up to get Price. It is easy to do a great and accurate draft analysis years later after you have the outcome.

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 04:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Musgrave won't go until the 2nd...

We will see, some were mentioning him in the first to us around a month ago.

He shouldn't go too early with his lack of production I agree. Wouldn't mind him in the 2nd or 3rd but would like a more sure thing in 
LaPorta over him, but as far as upside, Musgrave has higher upside than LaPorta IMO.

(04-24-2023, 04:40 PM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Washington might drop to the 2nd round but there is little to no chance he's there at 60. If the Bengals want Washington they should try to trade the number 28th pick for an early 2nd round pick and try to get an additional 3rd or 4h round pick. They could end up with Washington and maybe pick up a running back in the 3rd or 4th and send Mixon packing after June 1st.

That would be the best, trade back into the 2nd and take Washington while adding a 3rd or 4th round pick.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 02:39 PM)Mer Wrote: Unless I missed it, he was tackled by the first defender that touched him in every clip. I realize it's a small sample size but I'd think whoever made that video would have included some longer runs and broken tackles. We already have Mixon that goes down with first contact.  Ninja

yeah i saw the same ething..im not impressed at all he looked really soft.  and coming back from a injury which is another red flag.
Reply/Quote
Don't even know what position Well plays.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Don't even know what position Well plays.

Is it well and not Well.

Reply/Quote
Yes, I trust the FO to draft well. It may or may not coincide with my vision for the team's future, but they do it for a living and I'm just here on a message board.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote