Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Do you want to play football?
https://www.whiznews.com/2017/04/zanesville-jets-getting-ready-season-need-players/

Quote:ZANESVILLE, Ohio – The Zanesville Jets opened their first practice of the year on Sunday but are in need of some help.

Zanesville Jets getting ready for season and in need of players

The Jets, who are getting ready for their fourth year of semi-pro football, are well short of their goal of 40 players for their roster. Head Coach Eric Clark said he knows that there are plenty of talented athletes in the area and he is encouraging anyone ready to play tackle football to come out to practice. The Jets are especially in need of someone who can quarterback the team.
The Jets play an eight game schedule in the Ohio Football League complete with a playoff and championship game. Zanesville has made the playoffs every year they’ve been in the OFL. The season is scheduled to start on May 20 and they will again play their home games at Maysville High School.
Anyone interested in playing for the Jets can learn more at their Facebook page.
TENTATIVE 2017 SCHEDULE
May 20 vs. Ohio Ducks
BYE
June 6 at Jackson County Patriots
June 10 at Columbus War Eagles
June 17 vs. Lima Warriors
June 24 at Marion County Crusaders
BYE
July 8 vs. Columbus War Eagles
July 15 vs. Jackson County Patriots
July 22 at Ohio Ducks

Back in my playing days, I played my Semi-Pro ball in Zanesville. Hate to see these guys in a pinch for players, as they typically field a tough squad that competes for League Titles. If you, or anyone you know is good at football, give them a look.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 01:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: https://www.whiznews.com/2017/04/zanesville-jets-getting-ready-season-need-players/

Back in my playing days, I played my Semi-Pro ball in Zanesville.  Hate to see these guys in a pinch for players, as they typically field a tough squad that competes for League Titles.  If you, or anyone you know is good at football, give them a look.

Not in the area but I put it out on Facebook. I am sure they can get the number of players though.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2017, 08:55 PM)J24 Wrote: Not in the area but I put it out on Facebook. I am sure they can get the number of players though.

Typically, they have little difficulty in getting plenty of bodies.  The region is pretty good for football.  The problem in Semi-Pro, is that typically there will be a core group that is the heart of the team, they play together for years, and often "retire" off at the same time.  Think they may have had one of those types of turnover.  Puzzling that they are looking for QB, as that area usually has plenty of skill position players.  When I played, we could never get enough really big linemen to withstand a few injuries.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Don't sleep on the Ducks.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote