Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Ben Carson Believe Most Evangelical Voters Are Going to Hell?
(10-28-2015, 07:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I might believe that if you started a thread against killing which didn't involve Planned Parenthood.  Plus you have expressed a very cavalier attitude toward killing in war.

This hypocrisy has been illuminated dozens of times here.  Yet to receive full explanation of how he classifies this dichotomy.

Kill the living.  Save the unborn...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Well employing the unusual tactic of keeping the topic on the OP: As I understand it SDAs do not believe anyone suffers eternally in Hell.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-29-2015, 01:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well employing the unusual tactic of keeping the topic on the OP: As I understand it SDAs do not believe anyone suffers eternally in Hell.

Well, why don't you tell us again how you mainly blame the moderators (for our posts) while simultaneously claiming you never blamed anyone?  
(10-29-2015, 01:51 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Well employing the unusual tactic of keeping the topic on the OP: As I understand it SDAs do not believe anyone suffers eternally in Hell.

I guess they'll just be destroyed during the "end times".  Fortunately that gives them plenty of time to vote for him!

Quote:State of the Dead Seventh-day Adventists believe that death is a sleep during which the "dead know nothing" (Ecclesiastes 9:5). This view maintains that the person has no conscious form of existence until the resurrection, either at the second coming of Jesus (in the case of the righteous) or after the millennium of Revelation 20 (in the case of the wicked). Because of this view, Seventh-day Adventists do not believe hell currently exists and believe further that the wicked will be destroyed at the end of time.

http://www.religionfacts.com/seventh-day-adventist
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(10-27-2015, 04:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: The only people who talk about religion on here is the supposed anti religion people.   Very rarely is religion brought up otherwise and I have never seen a believer push their beliefs on another.   I have however seen countless anti religion posters try to  shame, bully, and mock any poster who believes in God and admits to it on here.

If you found out that 75% of otherwise normal American adults believed in Santa Claus, followed a book that he wrote, formed a cult surrounding him, made laws based on their oppressive Christmassy beliefs, and tried to force those beliefs on your children, would you not speak out in opposition?  I have a sneaking suspicion that you'd be one of the most visible opponents.

Also, you speak out and bash religion as much as anyone else on here.....it just isn't YOUR religion that you're bashing.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-29-2015, 07:29 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Well, why don't you tell us again how you mainly blame the moderators (for our posts) while simultaneously claiming you never blamed anyone?  

I never directed my comments to anyone; more of a "if the shoe fits....."

But enough about me.

(10-29-2015, 09:15 AM)GMDino Wrote: I guess they'll just be destroyed during the "end times".  Fortunately that gives them plenty of time to vote for him!

http://www.religionfacts.com/seventh-day-adventist

Gives them plenty time to do a great many things.

(10-29-2015, 09:19 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: If you found out that 75% of otherwise normal American adults believed in Santa Claus, followed a book that he wrote, formed a cult surrounding him, made laws based on their oppressive Christmassy beliefs, and tried to force those beliefs on your children, would you not speak out in opposition?  I have a sneaking suspicion that you'd be one of the most visible opponents.

Also, you speak out and bash religion as much as anyone else on here.....it just isn't YOUR religion that you're bashing.

Well I can pretty much prove nobody has ever entered my house and left presents.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-29-2015, 10:05 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Well I can pretty much prove nobody has ever entered my house and left presents.  

Bro, you need to stop being bad all year.  

Really though....Santa doesn't leave presents.  That's just a lie made up for kids to have a reason to behave all year.  What he's responsible for is all of the Christmas spirit. He fills the world with joy and kindness.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(10-29-2015, 10:25 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Bro, you need to stop being bad all year.  

Really though....Santa doesn't leave presents.  That's just a lie made up for kids to have a reason to behave all year.  What he's responsible for is all of the Christmas spirit. He fills the world with joy and kindness.

Instead of presents?  F that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(10-29-2015, 10:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Gives them plenty time to do a great many things.

Even the dead ones who are just dead?
(10-29-2015, 11:54 AM)GMDino Wrote: Even the dead ones who are just dead?

If they have plenty of time to vote for Ben Carson, as you stated, then yes. However, if they are dead; I doubt they can vote or make decisions.

I will admit that I thought the "plenty time to vote for him" was a curious response in the first place. I just chose not to focus on it.

(10-29-2015, 11:38 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Instead of presents?  F that.

This sort of reminds me of the Rosetta Stone commercial when they ask" "Would you rather learn another language or get more stuff".

Hell give me more stuff.

(10-29-2015, 12:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If they have plenty of time to vote for Ben Carson, as you stated, then yes. However, if they are dead; I doubt they can vote or make decisions.

I will admit that I thought the "plenty time to vote for him" was a curious response in the first place. I just chose not to focus on it.

Probably because there are TWO parts to that posted quote:

1) Evil people get destroyed during the end times.  They are still alive and have plenty of time to vote for Carson even though he says they will be destroyed.

2) The dead are just sleeping, they don't go anywhere, and they receive consciousness again during the end times.  And get destroyed during the end times if they were evil.

Soooo.....reading.   Rock On
(10-29-2015, 12:20 PM)GMDino Wrote: Probably because there are TWO parts to that posted quote:

1) Evil people get destroyed during the end times.  They are still alive and have plenty of time to vote for Carson even though he says they will be destroyed.

2) The dead are just sleeping, they don't go anywhere, and they receive consciousnessiousness again during the end times.  And get destroyed during the end times if they were evil.

Soooo.....reading.   Rock On

..aaahhhh, makes more sense now.

Thanks.

This thread is a pefect example of how batshit crazy religious discussions can become.

The debate right now is over what happens to the "evil" when they die. And no one is talking about the fact that Carsons follows a religion that calls a majority of Christians who live moral lives "evil" because they celebrate the Sabbath on the wrong day.

"Well, God, I devoted my life to feeding the poor and tending to the sick. I prayed every day and gave you all the honor and credit for everything I did."

"Okay, but what day of the week did you go to church?"

"Sunday."

"DEATH TO YOU, TOOL OF SATAN!!!"
(10-29-2015, 10:00 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I never directed my comments to anyone; more of a "if the shoe fits....."

But enough about me.

Quintessential bfine.  Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  You never directed your comments at anyone.  Just a general comment.  In general.  Generally speaking.  For the general community.  "If the shoe fits....."

Quote:But I lay the majority of the blame on the Mods.

You placed the majority of the blame on "the Mods."  Generally speaking, of course.  Not some of the mods.  Not a few of the mods.  Not a couple.  Not even one unnamed mod.  But, rather, "the Mods" as a whole.  That extremely, large group of people here whose numbers are so small we can count them on our fingers.  (I apologize if you take offense of accusing you of arithmetic.)    Do you really believe you "never directed my comments to anyone" because you didn't specify a name, but rather blamed the entire, albeit small, group?    
LMAO  

You're hilarious.  Not to name any names, but generally speaking, do you believe all the bullshit posted by a group of conservative posters from Kentucky in and around Ft. Knox who share the same IP adress?

Quick, name one religious group which doesn't have "whacked out religious beliefs."
(10-28-2015, 07:23 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I might believe that if you started a thread against killing which didn't involve Planned Parenthood.  Plus you have expressed a very cavalier attitude toward killing in war.

Yes in war there are killings. PP currently is the only one who is mass killing children. Are you saying PP has a war on children?
(10-28-2015, 06:35 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Holy shit.  Its out there.^^^^  

We're going to need to call in the big guns for this one boys.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/britains-nhs-hospitals-incinerated-aborted-fetuses-with-trash-report-says/

http://m.townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/04/24/horrifying-bodies-of-aborted-babies-burned-to-power-homes-in-oregon-n1828680

http://liveactionnews.org/abortion-provider-burning-aborted-babies-to-power-homes-great-idea/
(10-29-2015, 03:04 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes in war there are killings.  PP currently is the only one who is mass killing children.   Are you saying PP has a war on children?

I'm saying . . . 

Plus you practically get an erection discussing Florida's gun laws.

Additionally, childhood begins at birth.  Not before.