Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Bengals @ 49ers Week #15 get flexed out of SNF?
(12-02-2015, 03:01 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I thought there was a rule that says when an NFC team is playing an AFC team CBS covers the game when played in the NFC site and Fox covers if it's played at the AFC site. In this case it would be on CBS. Maybe that rule doesn't pertain to flexed out games.

I used to think that too but that's not the case.

Why?

Bengals vs Browns play on Fox.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 04:34 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: I used to think that too but that's not the case.

Why?

Bengals vs Browns play on Fox.
I have no idea why Fox is carrying the Bengals v Browns but here is what Wiki says about it

Quote:Under the current contracts, regionally shown games on Sunday afternoons are televised on CBS and Fox, which primarily carry games of AFC and NFC teams respectively (the conference of the road team determines the broadcaster of an interconference game). Nationally televised regular season games on Sunday and Monday nights are aired on NBC and ESPN, respectively, while CBS and NFL Network share Thursday night games during the regular season. During the postseason, ESPN airs one game, NBC airs two, while CBS and Fox air the rest of the AFC and NFC games, respectively. The Super Bowl rotates annually among CBS, Fox, and NBC.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I don't have a link but Chris Russo from Mad Dog Sports Radio said that they were flexed out. I'm glad. I hate staying up till midnight watching games
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 02:17 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If flexed my bet is it goes to CBS to replace one of these (CBS can protect 1).
DEN v. PIT (CBS)
HOUS v. IND (CBS)

If luck is back they may flex the colts. Denver or Pitt may be at their max. But I would like to see that one flexed so Denver has slightly shorter rest.
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/flexible-schedules
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 04:46 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I have no idea why Fox is carrying the Bengals v Browns but here is what Wiki says about it

It's because of the 3 prime time games (Thursday, Sunday, Monday) and bye weeks.

The rule is that the road teams affiliate broadcasts the game.  Back in the day, when there was only MNF and a true 16 weeks season, there were no problems.  Now that there are 3 and teams on a bye, there are instances when one network doesn't have enough games and are therefore given one from the other network.

I first noticed it with a Bengals game two years ago and brought it up on the mothership.  Some member found an article about it, and it had only happened twice prior, with the Bengals having been involved in one of the other times as well.  Since then I've noticed it happens kind of regularly.  Take Thanksgiving Day for example.  Only NFC teams played that day, but CBS showed one of them.  And with 6 teams having already played come Sunday, I'm sure Fox was given some AFC matchups to broadcast.
Reply/Quote
I heard someone on NFL Radio say it was already due to be flexed OUT.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 01:10 PM)Se ky bengal Wrote: I say bring the prime time on. We need it week 15 just a couple weeks till playoffs, we need to get adjusted to prime time. Imo

That isn't a poor logic, and I don't buy that the Bengals have a problem with prime time games.  They laid their one egg against the Texans and battled like hell without their secondary intact against the Cards.  They would lay waste to the 49ers morning, noon, or night.  
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2015, 08:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If luck is back they may flex the colts. Denver or Pitt may be at their max. But I would like to see that one flexed so Denver has slightly shorter rest.

those 2 i think are the prime canidates..

anyone notice there is a satudary game on the 19th?
Reply/Quote
It's a conspiracy to put us into primetime and keep us from the #1 or #2 seed!    Ninja
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2015, 12:41 PM)EatonFan Wrote: It's a conspiracy to put us into primetime and keep us from the #1 or #2 seed!    Ninja
Lol. Funny Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I'm with those that would rather have this as a night game. The Bengals are going to the playoffs, and they need as much situational practice as they can get. National focus is still a monkey on their back...
Reply/Quote
Anybody heard an update about this game? There is a 12 day out from the game limit on flexing this game (which would be tomorrow), but they usually confirm it when they decide to flex or not to flex. I thought for sure it would get flexed because the 49ers aren't very good, but now I am wondering if it will stay. Especially since this will be the site for the Super Bowl and they might want a prime-time run-through.

I hope it stays in prime time. But please can they can skip the Bengals/49ers Super Bowl low-light packages I'm sure they will flood us with?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 01:55 PM)fumblerooski Wrote: Anybody heard an update about this game? There is a 12 day out from the game limit on flexing this game (which would be tomorrow), but they usually confirm it when they decide to flex or not to flex. I thought for sure it would get flexed because the 49ers aren't very good, but now I am wondering if it will stay. Especially since this will be the sight for the Super Bowl and they might want a prime-time run-through.

I hope it stays in prime time. But please can they can skip the Bengals/49ers Super Bowl low-light packages I'm sure they will flood us with?

with the amazing blane gabbart running the show it has to be prime time
Reply/Quote
Game has been flexed via Bengals Twitter.
[Image: WiscoFan.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 07:08 PM)WiscoFan Wrote: Game has been flexed via Bengals Twitter.

Yep, Mo Eggar just announced it is now a 4:25PM game. Don't know who moves to the night game though.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 07:08 PM)WiscoFan Wrote: Game has been flexed via Bengals Twitter.

We did it!
Reply/Quote
Flexed out for the Arizona/ Philly game. I don't think that is much of an improvement.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2015, 07:11 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: Yep, Mo Eggar just announced it is now a 4:25PM game. Don't know who moves to the night game though.

Maybe Steelers/Broncos?

If we can manage to smash Pitt next week, we'd probably have to root for 'em Week 15. 
[Image: WiscoFan.png]
Reply/Quote
CBS wasn't going to give up Den-Pitt late national game even if either team had any primetime elgibility left

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote