Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Does Biden Have Positive Approval Rating Anywhere?
(07-20-2022, 04:12 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Great post. I can't tell if your talking about Trump, me, or both? LOL 

Or myself?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 04:05 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not saying Newsome would beat DeSantis, but ads about the things you mentioned probably wouldn't do as much damage as the usual ads about democrats raising taxes, taking our guns, letting rapists surge across the border, defunding the police, dismantling and disrespecting our military, and giving all our money to people who are too lazy to work.  I feel like the GOP had done so well in pushing those static narratives, that the real stuff democrats blow at just doesn't have the same impact.

As for Trump, he's been slamming a lot of republicans lately, so I think liberals are starting to realize why he appealed to people in the first place.  When he aims his insane ire at someone you want to see get destroyed, it can be pretty satisfying, if in a shameful and guilty way.

I think DeSantis wins in 2024 if Trump doesn't ruin it for him, but I can see Newsome beating a 3rd bid from Trump who would be 78-82 years old during his presidency, and even more insane and unhinged than before...I don't see him slowing down on that.

And yes, I wonder which libertarian candidate I could throw my vote away on will emerge in 2024.

Oh there's no doubt It's entertaining to watch him just unleash on someone. His post about Elon Musk was great. 
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 04:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh there's no doubt It's entertaining to watch him just unleash on someone. His post about Elon Musk was great. 

It's been an interesting time.  He's pretty much burned through his insult book in regards to democrats since 2014 or so, so it's been a lot of Trump vs the GOP and in Elon's case, a messiah-come-lately for the MAGA world.  

Even if you go back to his prior years he was still entertaining us by *****-slapping Canadian Sensation Rafael "Ted" Cruz, and he almost got that evangelical regressive, Mike Pence, hanged.  The guy just burns it all to the ground!
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 04:49 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh there's no doubt It's entertaining to watch him just unleash on someone. His post about Elon Musk was great. 

Must be a guy thing, because I personally find his behavior pathetic

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 05:03 PM)pally Wrote: Must be a guy thing, because I personally find his behavior pathetic

It's definitely pathetic. I find it mostly entertaining in that he is directing his unhinged rage on people who should theoretically be on his side. His antics are dividing a political faction that, for generations, has been practically a hive mind in their willingness to vote together. And that is very satisfying to watch.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 05:22 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's definitely pathetic. I find it mostly entertaining in that he is directing his unhinged rage on people who should theoretically be on his side. His antics are dividing a political faction that, for generations, has been practically a hive mind in their willingness to vote together. And that is very satisfying to watch.

Yea it's pathetic but it's still entertaining when the experimental monster goes nuclear on its creator in the final reel.  So it goes.  
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 01:17 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I think you underestimate the Cyclopean failure the Biden admin and the left have left the American people in just 1.5yrs (Damn, seems like much longer).

If you think this company will re-elect Trump because of Biden incompetence, then you are absolutely delusional.  Trumps endorsements are failing left and right, he is showing that his power is diminishing rapidly, people openly opposing Trump are winning......if the Repubs want to lose the next POTUS election, then give Trump the nomination.  The country WILL NOT elect him again.

Also I don't think Biden will be the dems candidate, by the end of 2023, I bet he announces he won't seek re-election.  If the dems want to hold the white house opposed by anyone but Trump, they need a different candidate.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 05:03 PM)pally Wrote: Must be a guy thing, because I personally find his behavior pathetic

Beyond pathetic.   Juvenile.  Childish.  Embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, no one is looking good right now.

"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 04:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: A lot of shitposting on the internet.

Watching TV and holding rallies when he's not doing that... 2015 all over again.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 09:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Honestly, no one is looking good right now.

Kinda weird how in a hyper-fractured country where everyone can settle nicely into their own bubble of comfortable information that no one trusts anyone anymore.

Yep.  Weird.

But, like I said when DJT was elected:  I'm a white, middle-aged, christian, male.  They won't hurt me one bit.  I'm just trying to look out for the other people.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 03:36 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: My big problem is the Democrats have very few likable politicians. There is no Obama waiting in the wings, at least not as far as we know. The most likable people who could run for the Presidency are also some of the more controversial ones, like AOC and Bernie. I would love to see it, but I don't think they have the national appeal to win the primary.

Honestly, I kind of envy the Republicans. They can run the most far right person in the entire country and still retain their "moderates" because those "moderates" still come out even when the candidate is someone who, based on what they claim they believe in, they should have never had any interest in voting for. If the Democrats tried nominating a "far left" person (to the extent that those even exist in American politics, which is not very far left at all), I fear the moderates would just stay home.

My biggest fear is that Biden steps down and endorses Kamala for the presidency. If she won the primary, we'd be essentially guaranteed a 2nd Trump term.

All depends if people like smart, well spoken people who don't play the gotcha game and don't have to lie and insult folks for hits.

Pete Buttigieg, for example, would have been my 2020 choice.

But, given republicans chomping at the bit to end gay marriage they probably wouldn't vote for him either. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 09:51 PM)jason Wrote: Watching TV and holding rallies when he's not doing that... 2015 all over again.

Oh man, is he back to promising to reveal "very interesting information" he found regarding Obamas birth certificate "very soon" again?
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 03:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: How could you possibly counter that the constitution says nothing about abortion and has no right to make any ruling on it?

When you have the time, look up the 9th amendment. 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 12:28 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: When you have the time, look up the 9th amendment. 

So people can’t kill someone in the womb? Good to know
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 01:21 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: So people can’t kill someone in the womb? Good to know

See? You don't care to learn anything. This is why you're hopeless. 
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2022, 08:10 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Except literally everyone has said that they voted for Biden because he wasn't Trump.

Nobody is hiding that.

They also go on to say that they didn't vote Trump because the guy was absolute dog shit at his job.

Can someone (Doesn't have to be BPK) give me a list of the dog crap things Trump did as President. Preferably those that hated him and/or refused to vote for him over these things.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 01:41 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: See? You don't care to learn anything. This is why you're hopeless. 

Please.

You use insults and personal attacks because you know your post falls apart and has no substance.

That's why it came back to the states, because the constitution doesn't say anything about the right to murder babies.

Like I said, you just make personal attacks with no substance.

That's why you're hopeless.
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 03:57 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Please.

You use insults and personal attacks because you know your post falls apart and has no substance.

That's why it came back to the states, because the constitution doesn't say anything about the right to murder babies.

Like I said, you just make personal attacks with no substance.

That's why you're hopeless.

Wrote all that instead of just reading the 9th amendment like I asked haha. 
Reply/Quote
(07-23-2022, 02:01 AM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Can someone (Doesn't have to be BPK) give me a list of the dog crap things Trump did as President. Preferably those that hated him and/or refused to vote for him over these things.
  • Reversed valuable conservation and environmental regulations that set back out efforts to combat climate change and endangered our water and air.
  • Damaged our international relations by withdrawing from agreements needlessly.
  • Damaged the peace effort in Israel with his naming Jerusalem as the capital.
  • Engaged in a poorly thought out trade war that harmed out allied nations and not just China.
  • Elevated the DPRK on the world stage for no gain.
  • At a time of economic growth he signed off on corporate tax cuts and cuts for the wealthy that grows our nation's debt.
  • Refused to send timely and adequate aid to U.S. citizens, primarily of color, during a natural disaster and was quick to help citizens Texas when they faced less destruction.
  • Appointed his children to top level positions even though they had zero qualifications to be in them, and disregarded concerns over their security clearances.
  • Surrounded himself with white nationalists.
  • Consistently lied about his own personal wealth/tax returns.
  • The "Pocahontas" thing.
  • Countless violations of the Hatch Act in his administration that were ignored.
  • Not handling his business dealings properly while POTUS, thus being open to corrupt actions (including overcharging the government for personnel staying in the hotels).
  • Appointed other unqualified people to important positions in the Executive, not just his children.
  • Exposed classified information to the Russian ambassador putting intelligence assets of other nations at risk.
  • Eliminated a pandemic early warning system put in place by the Obama administration that could have helped prevent the seriousness of COVID.
  • Appointed unqualified judges to the federal bench.
  • "Shithole countries."
  • Had LEOs assault clergy and peaceful protesters at their own church for a photo-op.
  • Then, of course, we have the attempted effort to blackmail the Ukrainian president into manufacturing evidence of corruption involving Joe Biden by withholding aid that had been approved by Congress. Which, by the way, there was no argument that he had done this. The only argument was whether it deserved he be removed from office. That was what the GOP said.
And of course, my primary reason, he tried to undermine and overturn an election and seemingly cheered on the violent attempt to do so by his supporters. This one is the biggest reason he would never get my vote.

All of this is just off the top of my head. There were more shitty things, but this is a pretty substantial list.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote