Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Does Burrow like the 5 wide sets because the line is trash or because
(03-01-2022, 11:15 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Respectfully we can’t come close to your wish list. I’m gonna have to scratch my head at some of your wishes. Retaining Bates at minimum on a franchise tag to develop a plan there. You obviously want to fix the OL with 3 FA’s. If they went with 3 that are in demand that will take a huge chunk of our money. We are in much better shape than the Bills or Chiefs. They’ve got some FA’s to resign and a whole lot less money to work with.

Of course the OL needs an overhaul. I’m gonna have to disagree with your plan. Such an overhaul on the team that came down to the wire of winning a SB doesn’t need to mess with the roster as much as you suggest. The OL needs 2 FA’s and the first round pick.

My wish list is only O line. My point is we have quite a few holes on D that we need to address. So signing Bates to a big contract won’t be worth it.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 04:41 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: My wish list is only O line. My point is we have quite a few holes on D that we need to address. So signing Bates to a big contract won’t be worth it.

I am sure we will bring back BJ Hill or Ogunjobi or maybe even both. This would be the only hole on D I can see. If both these
guys left, other than that I love where we are sitting at End, LB and in the Secondary. Eli Apple shouldn't cost too much as a 4th
CB and we can always draft a CB early.

I think moving on from Bates is a possibility and I am not against it as long as the OL gets taken care of. Bates made a lot of 
great plays in the Playoffs but his regular season wasn't even close to top 10 Safety money, let alone Jamal Adams money.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2022, 04:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I am sure we will bring back BJ Hill or Ogunjobi or maybe even both. This would be the only hole on D I can see. If both these
guys left, other than that I love where we are sitting at End, LB and in the Secondary. Eli Apple shouldn't cost too much as a 4th
CB and we can always draft a CB early.

I think moving on from Bates is a possibility and I am not against it as long as the OL gets taken care of. Bates made a lot of 
great plays in the Playoffs but his regular season wasn't even close to top 10 Safety money, let alone Jamal Adams money.

Transition Franchise tag Bates.  I'd like to see a safety chosen in round 3 of the draft though.  
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 02:00 AM)EatonFan Wrote: Transition Franchise tag Bates.  I'd like to see a safety chosen in round 3 of the draft though.  

I don't know, I think we need to either extend him or let him go. Last year he played meh when he was discouraged with the lack 
of a contract early on. Bates might be even worse if we just tag him. He wants a nice contract for insurance. I am for it as long as 
it doesn't break the bank so we cannot really upgrade the OL like we need to.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2022, 02:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't know, I think we need to either extend him or let him go. Last year he played meh when he was discouraged with the lack 
of a contract early on. Bates might be even worse if we just tag him. He wants a nice contract for insurance. I am for it as long as 
it doesn't break the bank so we cannot really upgrade the OL like we need to.

Playoff Bates was out best player on D and was the reason we were able to be the only team running 1 safety high sets deep in the playoffs. The Legion of Boom changed football forever. Ever since then 2 high has been the predominate defensive look in the playoffs.

I just can’t let that go in free agency if we have the chance to keep him

Factor in he wants to stay too
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2022, 04:56 PM)Housh Wrote: Playoff Bates was out best player on D and was the reason we were able to be the only team running 1 safety high sets deep in the playoffs. The Legion of Boom changed football forever. Ever since then 2 high has been the predominate defensive look in the playoffs.

I just can’t let that go in free agency if we have the chance to keep him

Factor in he wants to stay too

All true, I think we can make it work by cutting Waynes, Hopkins, Perine, Gaillard, Spence, Traveon etc.

I want to keep Bates badly don't get me wrong.
Reply/Quote