Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Clinton or Trump have to pick a running mate?
I've been looking for the answer but can't find it. It's most likely right there and I'm missing it or I'm not asking the right question, lol.

What if both Clinton and Trump were to announce their running mates as each other after they are nominated? Whoever wins the general election would be president and the loser would be VP.

Do the nominees have to announce their VP before the election?

I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if Clinton and Trump announced each other as their choice for VP if they happened to win.

If its allowed and they did, could we see a rise in a third or even fourth party in the United States?
(03-16-2016, 01:35 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I've been looking for the answer but can't find it. It's most likely right there and I'm missing it or I'm not asking the right question, lol.

What if both Clinton and Trump were to announce their running mates as each other after they are nominated? Whoever wins the general election would be president and the loser would be VP.

I think it would be interesting to see what would happen if Clinton and Trump announced each other as their choice for VP if they happened to win.

If its allowed and they did, could we see a rise in a third or even fourth party in the United States?

I'm not sure of the rules, but I think they have to declare a running mate before the general election in the fall. And the running mate has to e from their own party.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
This is kind of 'wordy', so I'll just post the link: https://www.quora.com/How-are-vice-presidents-chosen-by-presidential-candidates
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
(03-16-2016, 01:35 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I've been looking for the answer but can't find it. It's most likely right there and I'm missing it or I'm not asking the right question, lol.

Premature jocularity.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Serious question (kinda):

Could Hillary pick Bill or could trump pick Bush?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-16-2016, 10:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Serious question (kinda):

Could Hillary pick Bill or could trump pick Bush?

I do believe that is a no since those two already had two terms as president.

As for if Clinton and Trump were to pick each other, they must follow party rules so they can't pick each other.
(03-16-2016, 10:29 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I do believe that is a no since those two already had two terms as president.

As for if Clinton and Trump were to pick each other, they must follow party rules so they can't pick each other.

Actually they can.....They would only be eligible to become president for two years in the event the sitting president either passed away or was removed from office.  Under the constitution and the 22nd amendment the maximum any person could ever serve as president would be 10 years.
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

When the electors in the electoral college cast their votes, they vote separately for President and VP. It isn't necessarily a pair deal, but when they do run as a ticket, states usually put them together on their ballot.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]