Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Does Gilbert Arenas have a point??
https://www.foxnews.com/sports/ex-nba-star-gilbert-arenas-takes-shot-lgbt-community-most-unfair-group-walking-planet-right-now

We are all different. I am about solutions to problems versus harping on problems, yet doing nothing to solve the problem. My take is regardless of the issue, open and honest communication is a green's fee to attempt to work together to fix issues. One sided dialogue is counter productive. In this forum we have open communication, we keep it civil and everyone can express their views.

I hate the cancel culture. To me, cancel culture is like taking your ball and going home because someone does not agree with you. I see Bud Light being cancelled and killing their business. I do believe businesses should stay out of politics and people have the right to vote with their wallet. But the ones suffering are the employees of Bud Light, the drivers and those who make the beer. They now sell less and these people can lose their job. Yes, the company stepped in deep crap, but I wish we could just express our feelings in other ways versus jumping to canceling businesses and people.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
To me he sounded like he was talking nonsense. I suspect this board will divide among its usual lines.

Bud Light did not delve into politics. They reached out to a segment of the population trying to expand their business like thousands of other businesses do every do. Who would have thought that MAGA folks are so bigoted that they can't even touch the same brand of beer that a trans person may drink.

To this day I truly do not understand the right's goal with this boycott

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ninja [Image: 1614606549525.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 01:25 PM)pally Wrote: To me he sounded like he was talking nonsense.  I suspect this board will divide among its usual lines.

Bud Light did not delve into politics.  They reached out to a segment of the population trying to expand their business like thousands of other businesses do every do.    Who would have thought that MAGA folks are so bigoted that they can't even touch the same brand of beer that a trans person may drink.

Exactly. 

Bud Light acknowledged that trans people exist. And MAGA threw a bitchfit. 

Granted, I guess it IS kinda on Bud Light for being oblivious to the fact that a significant portion of their clientele would be so ignorant. That doesn't make the boycotters any less pathetic, or Bud Light's subsequent caving any less pathetic.
Reply/Quote
Sounds like Arenas was called gay by a gay guy as an insult (for what reason, who knows) and he expanded that interaction to the entire community.

A very strange interview haha.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 01:25 PM)pally Wrote: To me he sounded like he was talking nonsense.  I suspect this board will divide among its usual lines.

Bud Light did not delve into politics.  They reached out to a segment of the population trying to expand their business like thousands of other businesses do every do.    Who would have thought that MAGA folks are so bigoted that they can't even touch the same brand of beer that a trans person may drink.

I am curious, what facts do you have to back up it was MAGA folks? What facts do you have MAGA folks are bigoted?

Are these facts or are they liberal talking points?

You do realize in this forum calling anyone a bigot is not tolerated. What is your definition of a MAGA folk? Is it any conservative?

I am just trying to figure out if you calling anyone who disagrees with your liberal thoughts should be silenced by labeling them a bigot?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2023, 05:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I am curious, what facts do you have to back up it was MAGA folks? What facts do you have MAGA folks are bigoted?

Are these facts or are they liberal talking points?

You do realize in this forum calling anyone a bigot is not tolerated. What is your definition of a MAGA folk? Is it any conservative?

I am just trying to figure out if you calling anyone who disagrees with your liberal thoughts should be silenced by labeling them a bigot?

It sure as heck isn't liberals boycotting Anheuser Busch.

MAGA are extremist right-wingers.  And anyone boycotting Bud Light because of the arrangement with Dylan Mulvaney falls into the category of bigot, in my opinion, as the only reason they are boycotting was that she is transgendered.  Clear enough for you?

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
If liberals were actually coordinated I'd accuse them of doing this on purpose to dupe conservatives into going to battle with a giant greedy corporation that contributes heavily to the GOP.
Reply/Quote