Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Hill Go Off Today?
With the Browns' secondary being depleted today, our passing game will obviously go off, which I have a feeling that the Browns trying to stop the pass allows Hill to just gash their defense for chunks of yards and then I also think he breaks off one or two big gains.

Might just be a weird feeling, but I've had it all week.

Then, ironically, I just saw this quote that Hue made yesterday (after I typed everything out):

Quote:"The guy has scored a lot of touchdowns, but we know he’s not running like he has the ability to run," Jackson said. "He recognizes what he needs to do and he got back to his focus in my opinion of what he needed to do and I think we are seeing the fruits of that."

Is this Hill's break-out performance of the year?

Does he go off and then just carry us into the playoffs?
Reply/Quote
Hill didn't earn our collective skepticism from one bad game, so it might take more than 1 or 2 to get it all back. With that being said, the Rams and Browns games are both fine opportunities for him to take advantage of a lead and an opposing passer who is prone to making errors when forced to keep pace with a superior offense.

Still, I want to see Hill run well in a game that isn't a blowout to see if he can get back to production when it "counts."
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No, I think today will be ruled by Marvin Jones and Mo Sanu... both have been realtively quiet recently, and I expect one of them will pick up the slack with Eifert being out.

Any way we can do it, I won't complain Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 01:22 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: No, I think today will be ruled by Marvin Jones and Mo Sanu... both have been realtively quiet recently, and I expect one of them will pick up the slack with Eifert being out.

Any way we can do it, I won't complain Big Grin

I meant to put in my original post that I think Eifert being out allows him to go off even more because we'll be throwing more to the outsides, which will cause the D to start drifting out there, and then Hill's hitting holes hard again, so he just blasts through for big chunks of yards.

I actually think he'll bust-off a big gain on the first drive (I was going to sat first play, but thought I might be called a homer).
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 01:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: With the Browns' secondary being depleted today, our passing game will obviously go off, which I have a feeling that the Browns trying to stop the pass allows Hill to just gash their defense for chunks of yards and then I also think he breaks off one or two big gains.

Might just be a weird feeling, but I've had it all week.

Then, ironically, I just saw this quote that Hue made yesterday (after I typed everything out):

Is this Hill's break-out performance of the year?

Does he go off and then just carry us into the playoffs?

Their secondary was depleted during the first meeting as well and that did not do anything to open up our running game.

In fact, people were angry that we weren't actively attacking their secondary, instead attacking their NFL worst run defense with little success.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 01:35 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Their secondary was depleted during the first meeting as well and that did not do anything to open up our running game.

In fact, people were angry that we weren't actively attacking their secondary, instead attacking their NFL worst run defense with little success.

I don't think that it was THIS depleted and the point is that Hill looks like he's going to be back to hitting holes hard and dominating defenses.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 01:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I don't think that it was THIS depleted and the point is that Hill looks like he's going to be back to hitting holes hard and dominating defenses.

It was, but you are correct that Hill has been looking better of late...
Reply/Quote
We'll see... Don't forget Gio too! I get that Hill is a fan favorite, but whoever is making plays on said day deserves the ball!

I want Hill to be awesome too, but we don't need to force it.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 01:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We'll see... Don't forget Gio too! I get that Hill is a fan favorite, but whoever is making plays on said day deserves the ball!

I want Hill to be awesome too, but we don't need to force it.

Be good to see Gio and Hill both clicking from here on to Playoffs.  Tiger WHO DEY!!!!!
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
I think Gio and Hill will combine for close to 165 yards today.
Reply/Quote
If Hue(and Andy) calls the right plays, then yes, I think Hill will have a big day.
[Image: PApinhead-Sig-1_2.png]

Sig compliments of ExtraRadiohead
Reply/Quote
They are going to have to hang on to the ball today, because turnovers could kill us.....and fumblitis seems to be the theme this year...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2015, 02:52 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They are going to have to hang on to the ball today, because turnovers could kill us.....and fumblitis seems to be the theme this year...

That's the one thing I noticed about Hill today and was going to start a thread on it (still might), and that's that, when he got into crowds or got near contact, he always wrapped up with two hands.

I was impressed!
Reply/Quote
I don't know if you call it going off, but Hill had a nice day today.
I expect December football to feature more and more of him. This is his time to pick it up!
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote