Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Does Joe Burrow ever roll out to make a pass?
Just wondering has Burrow ever have designed plays where he rolls out and pass even last year before his injury or has he always been a drop-back pass QB for the Bengals and/or LSU? Hmm
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:17 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Just wondering has Burrow ever have designed plays where he rolls out and pass even last year before his injury or has he always been a drop-back pass QB for the Bengals and/or LSU?  Hmm

I can remember a few this year and they worked really well. Maybe we should do some more of it? 

Would love to see more of that, RPO, and screens. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Roll out pass plays can help avoid a pass rush, but they also cut the amount of field available to throw to in half.
Reply/Quote

I don’t know what to say to this
Reply/Quote
…..go watch the games.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 06:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Roll out pass plays can help avoid a pass rush, but they also cut the amount of field available to throw to in half.

Yes, that is what I mean he is taking too many sacks, he barely escapes them. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 07:03 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Yes, that is what I mean he is taking too many sacks, he barely escapes them. 

So you’re not gonna cut him any slack with that weak knee of his?

Let’s be reasonable here, it’s a borderline miracle he’s recovered this well, and is playing as good as he is this season
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 07:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: So you’re not gonna cut him any slack with that weak knee of his?

Let’s be reasonable here, it’s a borderline miracle he’s recovered this well, and is playing as good as he is this season

Of course, I am going to give him some slack. That is why if he needs more time he should roll out. 

What a ridiculous question???
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 06:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Roll out pass plays can help avoid a pass rush, but they also cut the amount of field available to throw to in half.

his strength would be a pocket passer, he is very accurate in the pocket, on the move he will be less accurate and with not have a top end arm will find it harder to make some plays moving but getting outside i think would be good, i pointed out last week against Steelers he needed to move, run more and use RPOs more and he did
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes he has many times this year and they usually go well.
Reply/Quote
Without even looking them up, I can think of at least 4 big plays, 2 TDs to Uzomah (1st Jags TD to him, and one against Baltimore.) 1 TD to Mixon, Jags game, and 1 almost TD to Higgins in the second Pitt game. If that’s without even looking it up, I’m sure there are more.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 07:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: So you’re not gonna cut him any slack with that weak knee of his?

This is becoming a tired argument, he made it back, very impressive but that is in the past, after 12 games, it is obvious he is not ultra limited or he would not be playing ... and it is a fair thread
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 09:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This is becoming a tired argument, he made it back, very impressive but that is in the past, after 12 games, it is obvious he is not ultra limited or he would not be playing ... and it is a fair thread

Except it’s a dumb thread because he has made huge plays rolling out. I just named 4 without looking up anything (3 TDS). I’m sure there more.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 09:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: This is becoming a tired argument, he made it back, very impressive but that is in the past, after 12 games, it is obvious he is not ultra limited or he would not be playing ... and it is a fair thread

I guarantee he’d have more rushing attempts if his knee wasn’t in a giant brace
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 09:43 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I guarantee he’d have more rushing attempts if his knee wasn’t in a giant brace

And you can tell he’s only just started getting more comfortable running, see the past 2 weeks rushing TDs.
Reply/Quote
Wasn’t his TD against Pitt a rollout? Well I guess it was a bootleg but it’s effectively a rollout.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I'd also be happy if he would step into nice clean pockets and throw instead of either standing still or going back. He cost himself an easy TD to Chase against the Stealers and caused the sack-strip against the Chargers.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 07:07 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: So you’re not gonna cut him any slack with that weak knee of his?

I'd say the jukes he lays on defenders in the pocket are far more rough on the knees than simply rolling out.

Agreed. Not sure why we have to respond to everything with vitriol around here? He wasn't attacking Burrow. Even if you don't agree with the premise of the thread, theres no need to go full attack mode. Makes this place really toxic, tbh.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Herbert rolled right Sunday and threw all the way back across the field 60 yards in the air for a TD.. 
Reply/Quote
Does Joe even roll bro?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote