Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Marvin teach it?
Marvin 0-7 in the playoffs
Zimmer 0-1
Gruden 0-1

Coincidence? I think not.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Zimmer's team should have won their game. He's turned that team around.

Gruden's team was a beneficiary of a bad division.

They both led their team to the playoffs within their first 2 years. That's actually pretty good.

Marvin's built this team numerous times and still hasn't won a playoff game.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:08 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Zimmer's team should have won their game. He's turned that team around.

Gruden's team was a beneficiary of a bad division.

They both led their team to the playoffs within their first 2 years. That's actually pretty good.

Marvin's built this team numerous times and still hasn't won a playoff game.

Well... they SEEM to have turned teams around.  Just like another coach I know...   Shocked
Reply/Quote
The apple doesn't fall far from the post season tree of failure.

Tainted with the Mikey Boy Curse
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:11 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Well... they SEEM to have turned teams around.  Just like another coach I know...   Shocked

Zimmer came closer to winning his first playoff game in his first playoff game.

It took Marvin 7 tries to be that close to winning a playoff game.

Zimmer will do just fine in Minnesota. He's a 27 yard field goal away from that win. You can't blame the coach for that terrible kick.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Did Bill Bellichick teach Bill O'Brien how to lose in the playoffs, too?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 10:59 PM)EatonFan Wrote: Marvin 0-7 in the playoffs
Zimmer 0-1
Gruden 0-1

Coincidence?  I think not.

The Vikings kicker misses a chip shot and it is Marvin Lewis's fault?

Yeah, that makes perfect sense.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The Vikings kicker misses a chip shot and it is Marvin Lewis's fault?

Yeah, that makes perfect sense.

I just find it ironic is all.  Lighten up Frances.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:20 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I just find it ironic is all.  Lighten up Frances.

He's got vaginal cramps tonight.
Reply/Quote
In 6 days we will see if Palmer's playoff woes have been shaken, as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: In 6 days we will see if Palmer's playoff woes have been shaken, as well.

Or if he's exorcised the Mikey Boy curse.

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:20 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I just find it ironic is all.  Lighten up Frances.

I find it stupid is all.

And the name is Fred Toast.  Any of you guys call me Francis and I'll kill you.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I find it stupid is all.

Hey Francis! Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:43 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Hey Francis! Hilarious

You just made my list, buddy.

I also don't like anyone messing with my stuff.  Any of you touch my stuff and I'll kill you.
Reply/Quote
ESPN Adam Schefter is reporting that the Bengals have no plans to fire Lewis, and are standing by him. Its incredible that there are never even rumors his job is in trouble. Well the definition of insanity is keep doing the same thing over and over again, and expect different results.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 11:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I find it stupid is all.

Ok.  FRAAAAAAAAAAAANCIS.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 12:11 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote:  Well the definition of insanity is keep doing the same thing over and over again, and expect different results.

You mean like the Browns and Raiders firing their coaches every year and still losing?

I know you are nopt talking about the Bengals because they have had everything from 4-12 to 12-4 under Marvin.
Reply/Quote
Ok I see your point Fred, well hang on your wall how the Bengals under Lewis are the best regular season team, but i would much rather see them advance and win just 1 playoff game under Lewis. Im not rushing to judgement to fire Lewis Im looking at facts or in your terms PC. Facts and circumstances that would lead a reasonable person to believe. Look at his record in big games.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2016, 01:48 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: i would much rather see them advance and win just 1 playoff game under Lewis. 

So would I.  So would everyone else here.

But that does not mean that a 4-12 season is the same as a 12-4 season.  Or that Marvin is to blame for the Vikings loss.
Reply/Quote
Look in sports its the coach who gets fired not the players. Lewis has too much talent on that team to get a pass for losing another playoff game. I have been a Bengal fan my whole life and know back in those 2-14 or 4-12 years there was not much talent on those teams. History shows that because the Bengals have only 1 player in the HOF, granted Kenny Anderson should also be in there. So now he has a talented team and still loses after 12 yrs no playoff wins. Lewis would be fired by any other team with that track record.
Reply/Quote