Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Does NY have another corrupt judge?
(05-07-2024, 08:25 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Is he telling people to issue death threats to anyone? I didn't see any of those tweets?

The reason for the gag order was to minimize death threats yes? Trump's not responsible for what others do.

The reason for the gag order is to minimize Trump's ability to influence the course of justice using his large platform. If there are death threats, he isn't held to be responsible for them. He is only responsible for his own actions.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 08:25 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Is he telling people to issue death threats to anyone? I didn't see any of those tweets?
The reason for the gag order was to minimize death threats yes? Trump's not responsible for what others do.

I think Trump is responsible. '

He has thousands of followers threatening violence against people and making their lives miserable.

He doesn't have to say "kill the judge's daughter."  

He only has to rage about how he is unjustly charged by Biden's minions,
who are trying to get at those followers by persecuting Trump. Then tweet a picture of her.
They'll take care of the rest.

You can't create and incite mobs and then claim you are not responsible for what they do.

A larger issue is how this sort of thing undermines the legal process itself, turning the courtroom into a circus
as Trump publicly defies law and the court.

But the largest issue is that this guy is running for office of president, threatening vengeance against enemies.
How can someone like that be expected to insure continued rule of law, much less law and order? 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 09:39 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: The reason for the gag order is to minimize Trump's ability to influence the course of justice using his large platform. If there are death threats, he isn't held to be responsible for them. He is only responsible for his own actions.

That too.

I was listening to Hannity this afternoon and he and some legal guest could not, for the life of them,
figure out why Trump was gagged and Cohen was not.  

They were repeating Trump almost verbatim--Cohen gets to say whatever he wants about Trump
and Trump can't fight back. Double Standard. Deep State etc. 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 11:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: Apparently there was a lot of testimony today about how Trump portrayed his attention to detail.  How in his books he said he had to know how ever paperclip was used so that people didn't rip him off.  (paraphrasing)

I don't believe it.  At least not in the last 10-20 years.  Trump always appears unprepared and unaware in public.  Offering up word salads to cover his lack of knowledge on any given topic.

Actually I do find that believable.

Back when the Cohen trial was unfolding I read an account by someone who worked with Trump in fixing up Trump tower, and he said Trump was all about making small decisions about wall paper in side rooms and the like, spending a lot of time on trivial stuff and not really taking care of the major matters.  

Hence both the micromanagement and chaos as events constantly over took him--bankruptcies, suits. etc.

So yeah, I could see him demanding to know how paperclips were used. I just don't think it indicates a close accounts grasp of what is going on in his business.
People around him are scrambling to take up slack. 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 12:33 PM)GMDino Wrote: Stormy Daniels is on the stand.

Trump posted this this morning and someone (probably one of his team) deleted it.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-07-105856.png]

It's like he WANTS to go to jail.

Also: What is "unprecedented" about a witness on the witness list being called?

Why can't Trump go on a rant about a crooked Judge? The gag order covers staff, it does not cover Bragg, the proseutors or the judge.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 05:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: Very stable genius.

[Image: Screenshot-2024-05-07-160007.png]

It appears you are a light bulb that burned out and a broke record Nothing here violates the gag order.

The judge is fair game as it asking for a mistrial.

Are you saying everyone on trial in the US is not permitted to defend themselves in court? 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 11:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: It appears you are a light bulb that burned out and a broke record Nothing here violates the gag order.

The judge is fair game as it asking for a mistrial.

Are you saying everyone on trial in the US is not permitted to defend themselves in court? 

I didn't say THIS one violated the gag order.

It appears your TDS made you jump to his defense without paying attention to what was written.

Naturally he can defend himself in court.  That's why he was lawyers who were cross examining the witnesses.  He could even take the stand, under oath, and defend himself.

But he can't do certain other things like the post further up that was then deleted.

THIS post was about how deranged he is.  He's told so many lies about this he can't remember which one he wants to us so he just gets angry.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 11:37 PM)Dill Wrote: Actually I do find that believable.

Back when the Cohen trial was unfolding I read an account by someone who worked with Trump in fixing up Trump tower, and he said Trump was all about making small decisions about wall paper in side rooms and the like, spending a lot of time on trivial stuff and not really taking care of the major matters.  

Hence both the micromanagement and chaos as events constantly over took him--bankruptcies, suits. etc.

So yeah, I could see him demanding to know how paperclips were used. I just don't think it indicates a close accounts grasp of what is going on in his business.

I could flip this on you, that "source" is confirming that Trump pays attention to the details. How many idiots do you know of that are worth $7B? 
I know you just want to bite on anything that is remotely negative about him, but I'd be willing to bet he's more intelligent than you think. 
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 10:13 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I could flip this on you, that "source" is confirming that Trump pays attention to the details. How many idiots do you know of that are worth $7B? 
I know you just want to bite on anything that is remotely negative about him, but I'd be willing to bet he's more intelligent than you think. 

I don't "know" that Trump is worth 7 billion. Remember the difficulty he had raising money to cover his appeal?

He certainly knows more than I do about how to manipulate the press and a segment of voters.

I'd have never believed any politician could convince 10s of millions of Americans, in the face of massive counter evidence,
that the last election was stolen, and that those voters would embrace him after he attempted a coup, in part because
he could convince them it wasn't that. They did not see what they saw. 

So I grant there are clearly aspects of our current politics that I do not understand.

But the issue here is whether a guy who doxed a judge's daughter during a trial, while telling violent followers he is
persecuted, is fit to be president. What does that tell us about how he understands the law

and how he will behave in office? 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 11:53 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Why can't Trump go on a rant about a crooked Judge? The gag order covers staff, it does not cover Bragg, the proseutors or the judge.

If Trump has lost his 1A rights, as he says, then how is he able to post these ALL CAP RANTS claiming he is 
unfairly persecuted? 

As Bels already mentioned, these rants can impact the legal process itself. Why should a judge allow that? 

There is plenty of evidence that Trump is dishonest, and part of that dishonesty involves creating a storm front of
false accusations about others to be repeated in the RW echo machine.

But is there actually any reason to believe this judge is dishonest, beyond Trump tweets?

Is there any reason to believe Trump would not be saying the same thing about any other NY judge? 
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 11:37 PM)Dill Wrote: Actually I do find that believable.

Well, like I said, maybe at some point.  But his public persona over the last 5-10 years has been one of a lost man who simply relies on his ability to speak louder than actually knowing what is going on around him.

But I get your point:  He was worried about pennies while the business was bleeding millions.  
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(05-07-2024, 11:56 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Are you saying everyone on trial in the US is not permitted to defend themselves in court? 

That's what I heard Dino say! 

But only when the judge is backed by Soros.
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 11:09 AM)Dill Wrote: That's what I heard Dino say! 

But only when the judge is backed by Soros.

I would like a feature on this message board that just replaces posts from blocked users with sheep noises.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-08-2024, 11:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: Well, like I said, maybe at some point.  But his public persona over the last 5-10 years has been one of a lost man who simply relies on his ability to speak louder than actually knowing what is going on around him.

But I get your point:  He was worried about pennies while the business was bleeding millions.  

Can't dispute the bolded--except to say it's gone on rather longer than 10 years for people living in NYC/New Jersey. 

Remember, by 2010 he couldn't get loans from American banks anymore. 

A common thread among his six bankruptcies was the shift of control of the business in question to competent management.
https://www.thoughtco.com/donald-trump-business-bankruptcies-4152019

Many of the bankrupted organizations were able to get back on their feet and turn a profit once he was out of control.

OtherMike has touted Trump's intelligence and there might be something to that as Trump has never declared personal
bankruptcy. In one case at least he appears to have made money from corporate bankruptcy by getting loans to pay
himself first then leaving creditors with the bill.  https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/12/nyregion/donald-trump-atlantic-city.html

But the cumulative result of this behavior is that it becomes continually harder for him to get loans and business partners.

Our relation with our allies was tending in that direction while he was president.
Reply/Quote