Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Nick Scott have a pass breakup all year?
(11-13-2023, 05:34 PM)J24 Wrote: He has 1 pass breakup against Cleveland!

I think I could break up a pass from Deshaun Watson. LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
They really should have overpaid to keep Bell. I think they would have helped a ton this year. Replacing both safeties with young/inexperienced players was asking for trouble.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:20 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Question about yesterday. It seemed like so many times Houston receivers were 5 yds in the clear with no Bengal DB close then they missed tackles after the catch. Is this a zone coverage problem, or missed assignments or what? They ate our DB coverage up all afternoon. Lou's 2nd half adjustments didn't seem to have an affect at all.

To make matter worse you have to remember the ball takes time to get there.  So when you see the guy with nobody within five yards, they've had two seconds to react and get closer and they still aren't near him.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:25 PM)Housh Wrote: When you can see a crosser coming from 20 yards away and still allow the catch every time that means you don’t trust your eyes which means you aren’t confident in coverage.

Also you may be right about Battle. There’s likely a reason he hasn’t been given more snaps.

Your point about Lou is also valid. Usually guys who make more money get coaches to play them even where they are bad so it is unlikely that Scott’s money is affecting Lou’s decision to play him a lot but SOMETHING must be done.

We have a lot of posters who make excuses and are overly optimistic but i think the stats so far prove Scott isn’t good enough. He hasn’t been all year. In 9 games flipping Kincaid is the only thing he’s done.

That’s not good when you are the 21st most targeted guy in coverage.

3 years - $12 million isn't a big contract.  This isn't about money or pride.  Battle obviously hasn't earned the trust of the staff yet.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:20 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Question about yesterday. It seemed like so many times Houston receivers were 5 yds in the clear with no Bengal DB close then they missed tackles after the catch. Is this a zone coverage problem, or missed assignments or what? They ate our DB coverage up all afternoon. Lou's 2nd half adjustments didn't seem to have an affect at all.

I was streaming and not recording, but I did see a replay yesterday where a defender was running, then suddenly pointed for another guy to get him and he peeled out. Like, "hey go cover him, I need to go get a sandwich" type mess. I was like "WTF is this sh*t." Was a nice completion with the defender trying to play catch up to a guy he wasn't initially on.

Not sure if it was scheme, coaching, bad read by the player or what, but was a complete mess.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 04:52 PM)Joelist Wrote: Having receivers always being wide open has been happening all season, and is not solely on Scott. It seems like the secondary is not diagnosing and reacting to what they see unfolding properly.

Agreed.

Yesterday was extra frightening though.

They had receivers wiiiiiiiiiide open with no one 20-30 yards away and all day.
Reply/Quote
I wonder if the Ravens OC will watch tape of our attempt at coverage on receivers? 
Reply/Quote
Battle can't be worse than Scott. And at least Battle would be learning and getting the rookie jitters out.
Reply/Quote
I said that he was a special teamer when we signed him. It was very obvious.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 07:00 PM)Whacked Wrote: Agreed.

Yesterday was extra frightening though.

They had receivers wiiiiiiiiiide open with no one 20-30 yards away and all day.

Maybe it’s a case of Lou/players overthinking

Lou runs alot of complicated shit and maybe we need to go back to barebones football

Screw all the weird wrinklines where Hilton is at FS guarding guys in man off a disguise.

Eff all that.

Play straight up defense and use Awuzie, CTB and Turner to their strength. All 3 can freaking cover. They aren’t zone guys. Screw all this, if this guy does this, I’ll take the seam or all that if this and that happens I’ll guard this.

Play straight up. Keep it simple. Sunday was an embarrassment and it showed me this team has no chance with this defense
-Housh
Reply/Quote
*Is salty about mocking S's high in the draft forum, then being told "We don't need a S. We signed Nick Scott."*
Reply/Quote