Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Quinton Spain fit the blocking scheme?
(12-16-2020, 10:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Without Burrow we’re probably the worst team in the league. I don’t think we’d even beat the Jets.

No doubt. Burrow avoided sacks with good decisions too. Yeah he took some from holding the ball sometimes, but Allen and Finley...

Finley legit sees the blitz coming and looks to get on the ground. IF he has to start against the Steelers, it's going to be really bad.

So was Finley just a terrible pick? Or have the coaches failed miserably to develop him?

I mean, last year Zac started Finley to see what he had. He had to be terrible in practice. He just doesnt appear to have an NFL arm.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 11:23 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: No doubt. Burrow avoided sacks with good decisions too. Yeah he took some from holding the ball sometimes, but Allen and Finley...

Finley legit sees the blitz coming and looks to get on the ground. IF he has to start against the Steelers, it's going to be really bad.

So was Finley just a terrible pick? Or have the coaches failed miserably to develop him?

I mean, last year Zac started Finley to see what he had. He had to be terrible in practice. He just doesnt appear to have an NFL arm.

Not only his arm, he doesn’t seem able to process at NFL speed. Allen isn’t particularly good either, and definitely lacks some physical skills, but he’s world’s ahead of Finley in that regard.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 01:49 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Just read on NFL.com:

"The Bengals have the fourth-lowest QB pressure rate (21.9%) and have allowed the second-most sacks in the league (46). They're going to have to reverse these trends to find their way out of the cellar. "

How in the world do we have the fourth lowest QB pressure rate with this line?  Is this just a weird stat?

Others have already pointed out that the QB pressure rate is related to our defense not getting pressure on opposing QBs, but it is very odd to be that low given the Bengals started the year with Dunlap, Lawson, Hubbard, and Reader. That group should not be near the bottom in the league unless the plays called are dictating that they don't pressure as much. Also, Atkins not being what he used to be is having an impact on the pass rush. It was always harder for the DEs to get pressure when Atkins wasn't also there generating pressure inside. He really helped out the entire DL. But I'm not confident he will ever get back to his old form at this point given his age and multiple injuries.

IMO this team needs 3 new OL (LG, RG, RT) and 2-3 new DL (1-2 edge, 1 pass rushing IDL).
If the Bengals only use the draft to get upgrades, that would basically take up the entire draft. So hopefully they address a couple of these in FA. Make some hard cuts like Hart, Atkins, and/or Uzomah if you have to free up some cap space to make it happen.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2020, 11:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Others have already pointed out that the QB pressure rate is related to our defense not getting pressure on opposing QBs, but it is very odd to be that low given the Bengals started the year with Dunlap, Lawson, Hubbard, and Reader. That group should not be near the bottom in the league unless the plays called are dictating that they don't pressure as much. Also, Atkins not being what he used to be is having an impact on the pass rush. It was always harder for the DEs to get pressure when Atkins wasn't also there generating pressure inside. He really helped out the entire DL. But I'm not confident he will ever get back to his old form at this point given his age and multiple injuries.

IMO this team needs 3 new OL (LG, RG, RT) and 2-3 new DL (1-2 edge, 1 pass rushing IDL).
If the Bengals only use the draft to get upgrades, that would basically take up the entire draft. So hopefully they address a couple of these in FA. Make some hard cuts like Hart, Atkins, and/or Uzomah if you have to free up some cap space to make it happen.

Yeah, this is why i shouldn't be up that late.  I can read that now.  ha!  I gather ya'll knew why that couldn't be right.  
Reply/Quote
Wait! Your telling me there is a blocking scheme. Well shit, that is good news
Reply/Quote