Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Tomlin know...
...that Bell is on his team? Jesus those fourth down play calls...I honestly couldn't believe what I was watching.

Oh, and Scobee sucks... Tongue
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 12:54 AM)ZeGerman Wrote: ...that Bell is on his team?  Jesus those fourth down play calls...I honestly couldn't believe what I was watching.

Oh, and Scobee sucks... Tongue

I've always defended Tomlin.

No more.

He HAD TO HAVE Vick.  Wanted him when he first got out of jail.

HE made the call to not kick on 4th down.

He's gotten worse and worse.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Steelers would've blown the Ravens out if Big Ben was playing.
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:01 AM)GMDino Wrote: I've always defended Tomlin.

No more.

He HAD TO HAVE Vick.  Wanted him when he first got out of jail.

HE made the call to not kick on 4th down.

He's gotten worse and worse.

i'll give tomlin credit, he doesn't just laugh and giggle at the media pundits in the postgame he actually takes responsibility for his teams loss. dude deserves credit for that, marvin just giggles and plays it off as the media simply "making something out of nothing" to him. when your FG kicker sucks it up what are you supposed to do?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:17 AM)WildCat Wrote: i'll give tomlin credit, he doesn't just laugh and giggle at the media pundits in the postgame he actually takes responsibility for his teams loss. dude deserves credit for that, marvin just giggles and plays it off as the media simply "making something out of nothing" to him. when your FG kicker sucks it up what are you supposed to do?

TOMLIN wanted a 35 year old, oft injured back up...he got him and then didn't know what to do with him.

TOMLIN showed ZERO confidence that his veteran kicker could overcome two misses.  Now what?  Think Scobee can EVER kick for the team again?  Next miss and the fans will rush the field!  LOL!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:16 AM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: Steelers would've blown the Ravens out if Big Ben was playing.

Or if they would have kept play calling like they did in the first half.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: TOMLIN wanted a 35 year old, oft injured back up...he got him and then didn't know what to do with him.

TOMLIN showed ZERO confidence that his veteran kicker could overcome two misses.  Now what?  Think Scobee can EVER kick for the team again?  Next miss and the fans will rush the field!  LOL!

Time to update your signature.  Wink
Reply/Quote
Honestly the Steelers were the better team but no one deserved to win that game. But as I said, I just sat there in awe of the decision making and then play calling on the Steelers part near the end of the game and in overtime. That one goes on the coach in my book (though Scobee should have iced it).
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:32 AM)ZeGerman Wrote: Honestly the Steelers were the better team but no one deserved to win that game.  But as I said, I just sat there in awe of the decision making and then play calling on the Steelers part near the end of the game and in overtime.  That one goes on the coach in my book (though Scobee should have iced it).

actually it should have been won in regulation, but due to harblow's bad call to fake FG it.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: TOMLIN wanted a 35 year old, oft injured back up...he got him and then didn't know what to do with him.

honestly i expected vick to fumble in OT. he didn't i was amazed, if you think back to vick and his "small" hands. no way do i trust vick, much less overlook leveon on short yardage. but still the guy puts the loss on himself and as a bengal fan i must applaud him for that, we have giggles who like i said........
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:30 AM)Bengaldor Wrote: Time to update your signature.  Wink

I've been waiting until all 4 teams play.  So you have to wait!   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 01:35 AM)WildCat Wrote: actually it should have been won in regulation, but due to harblow's bad call to fake FG it.

Harbawler should be ashamed of himself too...

(10-02-2015, 01:37 AM)WildCat Wrote: honestly i expected vick to fumble in OT. he didn't i was amazed, if you think back to vick and his "small" hands. no way do i trust vick, much less overlook leveon on short yardage. but still the guy puts the loss on himself and as a bengal fan i must applaud him for that, we have giggles who like i said........

Maybe he does.  I haven't listened to a presser in years.  
Reply/Quote
I don't think much of Marvin Lewis, but I do think he's a better coach than Tomlin. Tomlin has been at his best when he can sit back and let his OC and DC call plays and his HOF QB make plays. When he has to make key decisions, he kind of doesn't do well.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 12:54 AM)ZeGerman Wrote: ...that Bell is on his team?  Jesus those fourth down play calls...I honestly couldn't believe what I was watching. Tongue

Not once, but twice.  You decide you're in 4 down territory and you throw it, what, 3-4 times?!?
Reply/Quote

Damn, son. Vick didn't play terribly for a backup. He si good enough in that role. Would you have rather seen Landry Jones out there tonight? It is not like there are a ton of options so a athletic backup does not seem like a terrible choice. 

And what did you expect? I think he made the right call to go for it, though I may disagree with the 3rd and 4th playcalls. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 02:37 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I don't think much of Marvin Lewis, but I do think he's a better coach than Tomlin.  Tomlin has been at his best when he can sit back and let his OC and DC call plays and his HOF QB make plays.  When he has to make key decisions, he kind of doesn't do well.

Amazing how bad calls turn good when great players can make stuff happen.

(10-02-2015, 02:40 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Not once, but twice.  You decide you're in 4 down territory and you throw it, what, 3-4 times?!?

Four times the could have/should have ran with Bell and didn't. Instead relied on 35 year old back up with 2 days to prep. Brilliant play calling.

(10-02-2015, 03:55 AM)MrRager Wrote: Damn, son. Vick didn't play terribly for a backup. He si good enough in that role. Would you have rather seen Landry Jones out there tonight? It is not like there are a ton of options so a athletic backup does not seem like a terrible choice. 

And what did you expect? I think he made the right call to go for it, though I may disagree with the 3rd and 4th playcalls. 

You make the kicker kick the ball. He lives or dies on his own. Instead they asked Vick to make a pass across his body that he wasn't particularly good at when he was a full-time starter? Now, thanks to that call, you have to cut the kicker. Period. Even if you were going to anyway you just said you have no confidence in him at all.

Let's play what if: IF that get the 1st down and then don't get another yard...does Tomlin let him kick then? How close did he want to be?

But because of that call there is nothing Tomlin can say or do to keep Scobee instead of the kicker doing what he is paid do and kicking the ball and deciding his own fate. Not to make Scobee "feel better" about himself...but because that is what he is suppose to do. He didn't miss them all. He's not a rookie. He's been in pressure situations before.

Even beyond all of that if the special teams hadn't bailed Tomlin out on the fake kick (twice) by Harbawler they would have lost in regulation.

I've always defended Tomlin...no more.
Reply/Quote
Give Scobee a break guys. Dude came up from Jacksonville. He probably hasn't had to provide reliable kicking his entire professional career. He probably never even got the chance.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 07:08 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Give Scobee a break guys. Dude came up from Jacksonville. He probably hasn't had to provide reliable kicking his entire professional career. He probably never even got the chance.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHKZ_enUS433US433&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=scobee%20game%20winning%20field%20goals

There's two.  One was 59 yards.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 07:25 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHKZ_enUS433US433&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=scobee%20game%20winning%20field%20goals

There's two.  One was 59 yards.

Hey hey hey - chill out with that 'facts' shit. I wanna make fun of Jacksonville, dammit.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Was there some kind of behind the scenes competition between Harbs and Tomlin on who could be bigger bonehead that game? Some of the decisions made in that game were baffling..
Reply/Quote