Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Tomlin know...
Sorry dudes, couldn't resist..

[Image: 12118895_960569777299385_114926149175042...e=56A60F78]
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12118895_960569777299385_1149261491750425055_n.jpg?oh=a236fa8e4b11b74058015c2b30acf7c6&oe=56A60F78
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 07:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sorry dudes, couldn't resist..

[Image: 12118895_960569777299385_114926149175042...e=56A60F78]
https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/12118895_960569777299385_1149261491750425055_n.jpg?oh=a236fa8e4b11b74058015c2b30acf7c6&oe=56A60F78

Saw that one last night...its actually pretty funny.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 02:29 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: My guess is he got a last minute coaching tip from Marvin aka Giggles. 

Taking advice from a division rival's coach?  Tomlin's even dumber than we thought.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 02:29 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: My guess is he got a last minute coaching tip from Marvin aka Giggles. 

Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaah, no. Marvin would've punted.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2015, 07:52 AM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Hey hey hey - chill out with that 'facts' shit. I wanna make fun of Jacksonville, dammit.

Can't make fun of Jville just yet. That 59 yarder was to beat the Colts and it's one that has been used to poke Coltsfan a few times.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2015, 12:18 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaah, no. Marvin would've punted.

But he would have taken the time out.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2015, 12:33 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Can't make fun of Jville just yet. That 59 yarder was to beat the Colts and it's one that has been used to poke Coltsfan a few times.

So wait - Scobee has screwed over two of coltsfan's favorite teams?

He's my new favorite kicker of all time!
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2015, 02:58 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: So wait - Scobee has screwed over two of coltsfan's favorite teams?

He's my new favorite kicker of all time!

If you're talking about the Colts and Steelers... "YES" he has!  :angry:

I wish Tomlin would do the rest of the NFL a favor and cut that idiot from the team. It was very painful watching him miss and miss again. The Steelers should have won that game. They LOST IT because they trusted Scobee. Ugh! What a waste of a roster spot!
I knew exactly what Big Ben was thinking when he looked up at the scoreboard after the Ravens kicked the winning field goal!

The Steelers should've given Scobee a blanket party after the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2015, 08:56 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: If you're talking about the Colts and Steelers... "YES" he has!  :angry:

I wish Tomlin would do the rest of the NFL a favor and cut that idiot from the team. It was very painful watching him miss and miss again. The Steelers should have won that game. They LOST IT because they trusted Scobee. Ugh! What a waste of a roster spot!
I knew exactly what Big Ben was thinking when he looked up at the scoreboard after the Ravens kicked the winning field goal!

The Steelers should've given Scobee a blanket party after the game.

The steelers lost that game, not scobee. They couldnt outscore a ravens offense that didnt have steve smith a good portion of the game.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:45 AM)Beaker Wrote: The steelers lost that game, not scobee. They couldnt outscore a ravens offense that didnt have steve smith a good portion of the game.
I'm pretty sure Scobee was directly responsible for the Steelers not scoring more points. We had 20 Points plus 2 missed FGs by Scobee. Scoring 23 or 26 points with a back-up qb (among other missing starters) is quite fair for an offense.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 09:45 AM)Beaker Wrote: The steelers lost that game, not scobee. They couldnt outscore a ravens offense that didnt have steve smith a good portion of the game.

Scobee cost the Steelers that game. I'm sorry, I'm not going to give Scobee a "pass". He LOST that game!
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 08:08 PM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: Scobee cost the Steelers that game. I'm sorry, I'm not going to give Scobee a "pass". He LOST that game!

Steelers were winning before both misses.  Poor coaching in the second half had as much or more to do with the loss.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 08:32 PM)GMDino Wrote: Steelers were winning before both misses.  Poor coaching in the second half had as much or more to do with the loss.

In OT -yes, but I don't remember anything in quarters 3 or 4 that is on the coaching.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 08:42 PM)6andcounting Wrote: In OT -yes, but I don't remember anything in quarters 3 or 4 that is on the coaching.

After half time they got away from everything that worked in the first half:  moving Vick out of the pocket was the main one.  It was like Cowher left the halftime presentation and walked over and started coaching in the second half...THAT'S how timid they were.

I know they didn't want Vick "taking chances" but having him stand in the pocket and get literally pushed down wasn't exactly working either.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 08:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: After half time they got away from everything that worked in the first half:  moving Vick out of the pocket was the main one.  It was like Cowher left the halftime presentation and walked over and started coaching in the second half...THAT'S how timid they were.

I know they didn't want Vick "taking chances" but having him stand in the pocket and get literally pushed down wasn't exactly working either.
Well, I didn't see the first half to notice a difference so maybe your right. To some extent though, with a lead and the best running back in the NFL, you have to go run heavy.

I did complain that Vick standing in the pocket wasn't working in the 2nd half. I was also disappointed that we didn't even try to get Brown his catches and yards. Not saying we should have been worried about his streak, but we should have made more of an effort to get the best receiver in the league involved when we were trying to win a game.

I guess I agree with you, but I'm still blaming Scobee and our OT situation play calls more than anything.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2015, 08:53 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Well, I didn't see the first half to notice a difference so maybe your right. To some extent though, with a lead and the best running back in the NFL, you have to go run heavy.

I did complain that Vick standing in the pocket wasn't working in the 2nd half. I was also disappointed that we didn't even try to get Brown his catches and yards. Not saying we should have been worried about his streak, but we should have made more of an effort to get the best receiver in the league involved when we were trying to win a game.

I guess I agree with you, but I'm still blaming Scobee and our OT situation play calls more than anything.

Ot play calling was awful and I tweeted that Tomlin and Haley should have been forced to turn their game checks over because they sure didn't earn them.

Scobee's misses cost them the game in the long run...but they did have the lead and better calls before that might have an more time off and not given the Ravens a chance.

Either way it was an awful loss of game no one really thought they had a great chance going in...but that they should have won anyway.
Reply/Quote