Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Trey Adams have a Chance to Slip to 2nd Round?
Or is there no chance in hell?

Him at RT would be superb to pair with Jonah, I feel.

Wished to post this in an Offensive Tackle thread, btw, but I couldn't find one! Sad
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Probably gonn in g mid-late rd3
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 03:47 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Probably gonn in g mid-late rd3

LOL

Can someone who's a historically NOT delusional poster, answer it?
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 03:58 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: LOL

Can someone who's a historically NOT delusional poster, answer it?

Someone lives and dies by what's projected on The Draft Network.

I see Adams as a Round 2 prospect given the extensive injury history, but he's been great and healthy this season so teams could select him in Rd 1 if they think his injuries are behind him. Heck, many were worried about John Ross's injury history but the Bengals selected him 9th overall so there's very much a chance Adams is treated the same by someone.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
For me it comes down to what kind of run there are on tackles, I have him as Tackle 6 currently but that could change if Josh Jones showing at the Senior Bowl isn't what I expect it to be. The injury concerns are legit, but to me he would have been the 2nd Tackle off the board last year had he come out as that class wasn't nearly as deep as this one. I would say he is a mid 2nd, but like we see every year he could find himself in the 1st or maybe even the 3rd depending on what the flavor of the draft is.
Reply/Quote
I've never been the biggest fan of Trey Adams because I think he struggles against speed.

Adams has a very good anchor and can handle even the best pass rusher using power moves and when he gets his hands on you in the run game hes going the maul you...but if you can dip your shoulder or swipes his hands down using speed you can beat him around the edge because he has a shallow step and slower feet.

If he wasnt so damn tall I think he could be an excellent guard.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 05:05 PM)Synric Wrote: I've never been the biggest fan of Trey Adams because I think he struggles against speed.

Adams has a very good anchor and can handle even the best pass rusher using power moves and when he gets his hands on you in the run game hes going the maul you...but if you can dip your shoulder or swipes his hands down using speed you can beat him around the edge because he has a shallow step and slower feet.

If he wasnt so damn tall I think he could be an excellent guard.

...He kind of reminds me of Andrew Whitworth coming out. Not saying he will have the same career just saying I see similarities however the injury history is a major red flag. 
Reply/Quote
I think Trey Adams is going middle to upper round two The only concern are of course his prior injuries but also there is a little bit about his attitude and and what's happened to his attitude dealing with the injuries over the last couple years. He fought back and has battled with a ongoing back injury that can wear you down. People that suffer from chronic pain deal with it differently and football players are no different I'm just wondering how much he has left in the tank mentally but physically once he grabs a hold of you it's over
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Yes perhaps even third.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Lol I saw someone in here have him
Mocked in the 4th round. Lol I about died laughing so who knows man.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 04:16 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Someone lives and dies by what's projected on The Draft Network.

I see Adams as a Round 2 prospect given the extensive injury history, but he's been great and healthy this season so teams could select him in Rd 1 if they think his injuries are behind him. Heck, many were worried about John Ross's injury history but the Bengals selected him 9th overall so there's very much a chance Adams is treated the same by someone.
Yeah why go by the best collection of draft analysts all on one site.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the responses!

From what (little) I've seen and reading all the scouting that I have, over the past 2 years, indeed the consensus is that speed rushers will give him trouble.

Now, I know guys flip flop constantly in 2019, but that's why I feel he'd be great at RT, to deal with more of the slower pass rushers.

Good to see as well that you guys think it'll be around our second pick; I'd be elated Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 02:39 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yeah why go by the best collection of draft analysts all on one site.

Who determined TDN was the best collection of draft analysts?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 11:04 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Who determined TDN was the best collection of draft analysts?

Probably the same guy who said no way Kyler Murray was a 1st round pick last year...
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 11:04 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Who determined TDN was the best collection of draft analysts?

I’ll give you one guess. And there will be no link supporting this claim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
I'd actually be surprised if he goes in the first round. I think there are higher ranked guys that will go ahead of him.

I think he is in the 2nd round discussion. I think a more apt title would be can he slip to the 3rd round as injury concerns may take him off some teams boards.
Reply/Quote

Name a better one that has more well known analysts and covers the draft 365
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 04:09 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Name a better one that has more well known analysts and covers the draft 365

I don't go to a single source for the draft.

I check the following and compare notes because no one site is 100% right:
- Walter Football - Primarily for the prospects list, which is always rather extensive. The mocks are terrible though.
- CBS Sports - Not as good as it used to be since Brugler and Rang left, but it's worth comparing Trapasso's top 100 list to other sites.
- TDN - A lot of scouting reports, mocks. Most of those people involved are ones I really haven't heard of though.
- WithTheFirstPick - Similar to TDN but more fan-contributing.
- PFF - Always good to check PFF scores for prospects and read their view, as it's usually a different take than traditional ones
- NFL.com - They usually don't post until around Senior Bowl time, but those reports and rankings are always some of the best I've found
- NFLDraftScout - Always liked the combo of Rob Rang and Dane Brugler
- What's On Draft - Mark Jarvis and crew provide their rankings, scouting reports, and some game tape.

That's my approach though. Everyone is different. I don't label any of those as "gospel."
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 10:56 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Lol I saw someone in here have him
Mocked in the 4th round. Lol I about died laughing so who knows man.

have seen injury concerns drop people out of the draft entirely so you never know
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2019, 05:49 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: have seen injury concerns drop people out of the draft entirely so you never know

If he really is dealing with a Chronic Pain issue I would take him off my draft board. It's a major concern going forward.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote