Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Does Trump inspire hate from his followers?
(10-16-2019, 03:37 PM)GMDino Wrote: Ladies and gentlemen I present "The Trump Supporter".

Special kind of "human being".

Mellow

At this point in your life, I would say, you should have attained maturity by now. would you be so kind as to display it for us please?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-16-2019, 06:09 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: LOL, He posted a bunch of things that private citizens said, wooppie-doo. Talk about grasping at straws. Hilarious

And your grasping at things Trump didn't say or do. Who's grasping at falsehoods the most here?
(10-16-2019, 07:22 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: At this point in your life, I would say, you should have attained maturity by now. would you be so kind as to display it for us please?

My maturity was displayed when I condemned the video of the POTUS killing people and didn't say it was "funny" because it "triggered" people.

You're welcome.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
People applauding the idea of POTUS trampling on the First Amendment sure is a laugh. Not at all concerning that people associated with a political figure are so willing to demonize the press, one of the hallmarks of any burgeoning authoritarian state. The degradation of our democratic principles in an effort to "own the libs" sure seems like a humorous time.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-16-2019, 08:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: People applauding the idea of POTUS trampling on the First Amendment sure is a laugh. Not at all concerning that people associated with a political figure are so willing to demonize the press, one of the hallmarks of any burgeoning authoritarian state. The degradation of our democratic principles in an effort to "own the libs" sure seems like a humorous time.

Unsure what you're trying to say here but I'm sure it's deep.

For instance in that first sentence are you saying it was wrong for Trump to condemn the church massacre video?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-16-2019, 08:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Unsure what you're trying to say here but I'm sure it's deep.

For instance in that first sentence are you saying it was wrong for Trump to condemn the church massacre video?

Nope. I'm saying that the video is an expression of POTUS trampling on the 1A since. But you knew that.

Condemnation of speech by the government isn't a violation of the 1A, either.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(10-16-2019, 09:05 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Nope. I'm saying that the video is an expression of POTUS trampling on the 1A since. But you knew that.

Condemnation of speech by the government isn't a violation of the 1A, either.

So you're a fan of the video? Interest twist. But nope I didn't know what you were saying.

(10-16-2019, 09:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you're a fan of the video? Interest twist. But nope I didn't know what you were saying.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76118e2b4e0584e2f4aa6c...=giphy.gif]

(10-16-2019, 09:50 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b76118e2b4e0584e2f4aa6c...=giphy.gif]

Nice meme Dino (Ask about Ellen instead of climate change), but you've lost me. 

Is the irony condemning the free speech of a video, in which, Trump condemns free speech 

Personally I find the video reprehensible. Mike and I differ on this, but I'm not sure of your stance. 

(10-16-2019, 08:48 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: People applauding the idea of POTUS trampling on the First Amendment sure is a laugh. Not at all concerning that people associated with a political figure are so willing to demonize the press, one of the hallmarks of any burgeoning authoritarian state. The degradation of our democratic principles in an effort to "own the libs" sure seems like a humorous time.

This fetishization of authoritarianism is particularly interesting because it is coming from a crowd that claims to support literal adherence to the Constitution. Abandoning principles of democracy to spite partisan foes. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(10-16-2019, 10:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Is the irony condemning the free speech of a video, in which, Trump condemns free speech 

[Image: quote-i-disapprove-of-what-you-say-but-i...-54-08.jpg]

Disagreeing with the content of speech doesn't mean you disagree with the freedom to say it.

Sometimes russian bots feel really close.

Other times i get sad about the lack of intelligence and ******** moral compass of my fellow Americans.

What it takes to be a "patriot" to these people is to salute the flag and have a vague concept of "supporting" the troops.  It doesn't require any sort of genuine sacrifice in the tolerance of allowing other people exercising and enjoying freedoms which cause you distress as they go against what you think is right.

It's the whole self delusion of being able to say you love freedom, but certain freedoms need to be illegal because they are bad.  See?  I don't hate freedom, I just realize that this constitution and freedom and founding father stuff I love so much is making it too easy for people to do stuff I don't like and I think those people should be stopped...I ain't no hypocrite! 

At any rate, it's "I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free" not "I'm proud to be an American where people who do stuff I don't like are free!" But seriously, the neo-cons zeal for waving the flag and screaming freedom while simultaneously begging the swollen government to strip us of our freedoms is just a real bummer in my view.
(10-17-2019, 01:20 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: quote-i-disapprove-of-what-you-say-but-i...-54-08.jpg]

Disagreeing with the content of speech doesn't mean you disagree with the freedom to say it.

I agree and the content of this video was to show how Trump trashes the 1st Amendment of the Press. The dilemma comes when we have to condemn someone expressing his/her first amendment right to condemn Trump condemning 1st Amendment rights.

I get some in the peanut gallery will somehow, someway twist the POV to "Trump Supporter" but not true. I've condemned Trump's attackes on our free press numerous times. 

Yeah, except it wasn't just the press "killed" in the video.

It was anyone seen as a "critic" of DJT.

BLM, Kathy Griffin,Adam Schiff, Peter Fonda, John McCain, Maxine Waters, Barack Obama, and Hillary Clinton.

That sends a bit of a different message than "fake news bad".

Although I can see how it could still be tied to "free speech".
(10-16-2019, 07:56 PM)GMDino Wrote: My maturity was displayed when I condemned the video of the POTUS killing people and didn't say it was "funny" because it "triggered" people.

You're welcome.   Smirk
Nice try, but not even close. If people are triggered by something as simple as this, then that's their problem not mine. Just like being triggered by a red hat now. That's not a me problem, that's a you problem. That's immaturity at its peak. Learn how to deal with shit in life in a mature way. otherwise life will just keep shitting on you.
Again, did Trump make this Video or even endorse it.  If not, then why continue to browbeat him for it?
I don't have an issue if you don't like something he's done like policy change, but this is simply a case of you and the MSM being super OA about something he didn't even do, which really, makes anyone complaining about it look like snowflakes.
Face it, there's really nothing Trump could do that would make you happy except die or be killed.
I don't know why most of you are acting so uppity about it. Trump didn't make it or endorse it, if he had, then it would say not cool.
I'll make a deal with you, I won't wear a red hat and trigger you, you stop making asinine posts and triggering me.
(10-17-2019, 02:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Nice try, but not even close. If people are triggered by something as simple as this, then that's their problem not mine. Just like being triggered by a red hat now. That's not a me problem, that's a you problem. That's immaturity at its peak. Learn how to deal with shit in life in a mature way. otherwise life will just keep shitting on you.
Again, did Trump make this Video or even endorse it.  If not, then why continue to browbeat him for it?
I don't have an issue if you don't like something he's done like policy change, but this is simply a case of you and the MSM being super OA about something he didn't even do, which really, makes anyone complaining about it look like snowflakes.
Face it, there's really nothing Trump could do that would make you happy except die or be killed.
I don't know why most of you are acting so uppity about it. Trump didn't make it or endorse it, if he had, then it would say not cool.
I'll make a deal with you, I won't wear a red hat and trigger you, you stop making asinine posts and triggering me.

Triggered.   Ninja

All seriousness aside the President of the United States, who tweets his random brain farts out multiple times a day on every conceivable topic has chosen to not say a single word about it.

That is an endorsement of it from Trump.  Period.  Full stop,

If Trump really thought it was wrong or bad or even made him look bad he would have said something about it.

Sorry that that bothers you and his other supporters but it's true.

And it won't be the last violent media portrayal that will surface and sooner or later it may bite DJT in the hiney. 
(10-17-2019, 12:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I agree and the content of this video was to show how Trump trashes the 1st Amendment of the Press. The dilemma comes when we have to condemn someone expressing his/her first amendment right to condemn Trump condemning 1st Amendment rights.

I get some in the peanut gallery will somehow, someway twist the POV to "Trump Supporter" but not true. I've condemned Trump's attackes on our free press numerous times. 

Was the video made as a critique/condemnation or was it made as praise?

It was certainly shown in a manner to praise his actions, so I suspect that, given the targets in the video, it was not a condemnation of Trump. 

(10-17-2019, 02:08 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Nice try, but not even close. If people are triggered by something as simple as this, then that's their problem not mine. Just like being triggered by a red hat now. That's not a me problem, that's a you problem. That's immaturity at its peak. Learn how to deal with shit in life in a mature way. otherwise life will just keep shitting on you.

Now I am totally confused.

Why can't you deal with this in a mature way instead of getting triggered?  And how can you insult people for being triggered then admit to being triggered yourself?
(10-17-2019, 02:19 PM)GMDino Wrote: Triggered.   Ninja

All seriousness aside the President of the United States, who tweets his random brain farts out multiple times a day on every conceivable topic has chosen to not say a single word about it.

That is an endorsement of it from Trump.  Period.  Full stop,

If Trump really thought it was wrong or bad or even made him look bad he would have said something about it.

Sorry that that bothers you and his other supporters but it's true.

And it won't be the last violent media portrayal that will surface and sooner or later it may bite DJT in the hiney. 

LOL and a Press statement denouncing the video means nothing right? Yep, ofc it means nothing to you. You will never be happy with anything he does. So I give it up to you. Just keep being you! :) Like the MSM you just can't help yourself. but really. I'm glad people like you are out there doing all you can to get more votes to DJT.

DJT for 4 More Years..  I suggest a new hat color for additional triggering.  :)

Maybe a light blue, then anyone wearing a Xavier/UK/Duke/NC/UCLA/Illinois/Kansas/Dayton/Tulsa/Penn State/Memphis/Boise State/UTEP/Virginia/Rice will be triggering people.