Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Zac deserve a second season?
(11-10-2019, 09:01 PM)Nately120 Wrote: This makes sense, but it's hard to see MB allowing him to build his team or giving him the resources to build his own team AND ZT actually knowing what the hell he is doing.  The odds of both of those things happening just seems beyond slim.

Exactly. Taylor is a QB Coach in the NFL.

Building an entire franchise is about 10 levels past has capabilities.

Let's face it, as an OC he's failed this year. So IF we hired a McCarthy and had Zac as the OC...we'd be unhappy. He just isn't the guy that's going to overcome this mess.

And AJ Green, Jonah, etc won't solve this.

Against the Ravens...the line played REALLY well for the most part...and 13 points.

AND I feel like the league has figured out how to stop the Rams offense.
Reply/Quote
Do we even know if HE, THE COACH, is allowed to build this team?

nope
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Exactly. Taylor is a QB Coach in the NFL.

Building an entire franchise is about 10 levels past has capabilities.

Let's face it, as an OC he's failed this year. So IF we hired a McCarthy and had Zac as the OC...we'd be unhappy. He just isn't the guy that's going to overcome this mess.

And AJ Green, Jonah, etc won't solve this.

Against the Ravens...the line played REALLY well for the most part...and 13 points.

AND I feel like the league has figured out how to stop the Rams offense.

Again, I'm not piling on ZT because he's in over his head and he's coaching for the Bengals BUT BUT BUT we all seem to agree that MB sucks because he just makes up his mind and stays the course with things that aren't working...so why are we so sure getting rid of ZT after what could be our worst season in decades, if not 50+ years would be such a bad move?

Damn MB, he just stays his stupid course no matter how much we don't win.  What?  Fire a HC who went 2-14?  No way!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
For all we know Mikey "Alzheimers" Brown is up there throwing darts at a giant board being spun by a monkey
Reply/Quote
im just now waiting for the "Gary Reasons moment" to happen ….some veteran is going tug on ZTs cap before the season is over and will be the cherry on top of the shit sundae MB and Family have been serving for 30 yrs . This is beyond repairable....I iike the Jeff Bezos idea but we know thats not happening
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:10 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Again, I'm not piling on ZT because he's in over his head and he's coaching for the Bengals BUT BUT BUT we all seem to agree that MB sucks because he just makes up his mind and stays the course with things that aren't working...so why are we so sure getting rid of ZT after what could be our worst season in decades, if not 50+ years would be such a bad move?

Damn MB, he just stays his stupid course no matter how much we don't win.  What?  Fire a HC who went 2-14?  No way!

It's the move we HAVE to make. When guys regress, you have to take that coach away.

Taylors presence makes NFL players worse. Can't let him ruin the few good players we have.

Plus, he was hired to be an offensive genius...he's obviously not that. So what skills does he have that makes him a viable HC?

But yes, with Bengals management the deck is stacked. They hired a guy as HC that legit teams likely wouldn't hire as even an offensive coordinator.
Reply/Quote
It will only take 1 win for Mike to keep him. I think there’s a 50/50 chance that he will replace him if he goes winless. He may even flip the first Quarter that he ever made to decide.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:10 PM)Kingslayer Wrote: For all we know Mikey "Alzheimers" Brown is up there throwing darts at a giant board being spun by a monkey

All joking aside, doing things by random may have actually yielded better results during the past 30 years.  It takes actual effort to be this irrelevant for this long in a parity-driven league.

(11-10-2019, 09:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It's the move we HAVE to make. When guys regress, you have to take that coach away.

Taylors presence makes NFL players worse. Can't let him ruin the few good players we have.

Plus, he was hired to be an offensive genius...he's obviously not that. So what skills does he have that makes him a viable HC?

But yes, with Bengals management the deck is stacked. They hired a guy as HC that legit teams likely wouldn't hire as even an offensive coordinator.

I hear ya...being the lousy MB-era Bengals we are used to but ZT and his coaches are making players worse.  The defense is worse, the line is worse, ZT makes a QB change and our offense goes from really bad to posting -1 net points.  I'm used to things being bad, but the idea that we're just supposed to give a guy who is making things worse on a weekly basis more time and more control just seems like a bad decision.

And the saddest part is that there is a really good possibility that MB just wanted to keep Marvin Lewis and Marvin said "no thanks" and left on his own accord.
Reply/Quote
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I miss when reporters didn't try to sound "street".
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I miss when reporters didn't try to sound "street".

You're just feeling bitter because it's been so long since you've been tryna sound hip.
Reply/Quote
Unless MB and the funky bunch are gonna hire a real GM and step aside, does it really matter ?
Reply/Quote
Steelers are beating the Rams. The shine is off the Rams system now. 12 points for the Rams.

Teams are figuring out how to defend it. Lucky for us!
Reply/Quote
No he needs to go. Not sure how much of i is his fault but he clearly has lost this team. Probably will rehire Marvin in the off-season has a GM or Coach.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:43 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Unless MB and the funky bunch are gonna hire a real GM and step aside, does it really matter ?

Ehh...it's a little early to throw dirt on ZT's coffin, but we just replaced a HC with a winning record over the span of 263 games with a HC who is 0-9 thus far.  It's hard to accurately draw conclusions from such divergent data sets but I'd say it does indeed look like the HC has some sort of effect upon our ability to win.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:48 PM)J24 Wrote: No he needs to go. Not sure how much of i is his fault but he clearly has lost this team. Probably will rehire Marvin in the off-season has a GM or Coach.

A LOT of this is Taylors fault. He hired this staff. Evaluated these players.

Who says? Hey we have Preston Brown and Nick Vigil...lets play Nickle with the 80% of the time as the 2 LB's.
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: A LOT of this is Taylors fault. He hired this staff. Evaluated these players.

Who says? Hey we have Preston Brown and Nick Vigil...lets play Nickle with the 80% of the time as the 2 LB's.

Who drafts the players? Who signs the players? Not Zach but the front office.
Anyways we were going to play Nickle 80% of the time no matter who was the coach because that's how the NFL is today. The problem is that Brown and Vigil are the best options on the team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 09:56 PM)J24 Wrote: Who drafts the players? Who signs the players? Not Zach but the front office.
Anyways we were going to play Nickle 80% of the time no matter who was the coach because that's how the NFL is today. The problem is that Brown and Vigil are the best options on the team.

That's just it. The coaches are the scouts here. So Taylor has a bigger role in that process than people admit. I remember reading how he was evaluating the roster...and then the re-signed Preston Brown.

I suspect he just went with the flow instead of telling Mike Brown that they needed faster LB's. I also suspect that the Bengals value passive coaches.

I'd be interested to know why the Del Rio hire fell through. They said they had philosophical differences. Maybe Del Rio was like you need to sign some faster players?
Reply/Quote
I'm afraid he's going to be here for 17 more
Reply/Quote
(11-10-2019, 08:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Of course he does...rebuilds dont happen in a season and they are always ugly.
Rebuilding we haven't won a playoff game in about 30 years.
Reply/Quote