Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does a First Round Bye?
Count as a playoff win? After we go 16-0 and get that bye i want to be able to say we got a playoff win.

Looks to me like the players are ready to win the big games this year. Now we just need the coaches to get on board and quit shitting down their leg when the pressure is on.
Reply/Quote
No.

A first round bye with a divisional round loss would be very disappointing.
Reply/Quote
Shhhhh no jinx
Reply/Quote
hey I've heard people say Cincy can't get passed the first round, so if that happens they're silenced. Of coarse we want more though.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Count as a playoff win? After we go 16-0 and get that bye i want to be able to say we got a playoff win.

Looks to me like the players are ready to win the big games this year. Now we just need the coaches to get on board and quit shitting down their leg when the pressure is on.

Don't even think about that right now, bra!

Enjoy the ride and just watch us crush teams!
Reply/Quote
If we were to get a bye and then lose the next game at home, I would know the universe is out to get us. I'll take a 9-7 record and a back-in into a wildcard berth and a victory in the WC round rather than dominate the division and get a bye only to lose in the second round at home.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 08:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: If we were to get a bye and then lose the next game at home, I would know the universe is out to get us. I'll take a 9-7 record and a back-in into a wildcard berth and a victory in the WC round rather than dominate the division and get a bye only to lose in the second round at home.
Amen
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Count as a playoff win? After we go 16-0 and get that bye i want to be able to say we got a playoff win.

Still have to win in the playoffs. To go 16-0, then implode would cement people's views.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The Bengals ARE NOT winning a playoff game, but we can at least enjoy the regular season on the way there!
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 12:22 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The Bengals ARE NOT winning a playoff game, but we can at least enjoy the regular season on the way there!

Reverse psychology? 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Uhmmm 16-0? I gave up drinking so I'll take some of those magic mushrooms of yours.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The 3-0 start from last year is fresh in my mind, so this isn't even remotely amusing.
Reply/Quote
You can say we advanced to the divisional round, but you can't say we won a playoff game.

Marvin will still be 0-6 during that divisional round playoff game.
Reply/Quote
Does a bye in regular season count as a win? There's your answer bud
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Count as a playoff win? After we go 16-0 and get that bye i want to be able to say we got a playoff win.

it does as far as andys contract esculators go.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:51 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: After we go 16-0 and get that bye i want to be able to say we got a playoff win.

One for the math wizards:

If both the Patriots (possible) and Bengals (seriously unlikely) go 16-0, who would be No.1 seed?
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 04:52 PM)bengal kitten uk Wrote: One for the math wizards:

If both the Patriots (possible) and Bengals (seriously unlikely) go 16-0, who would be No.1 seed?

it would come down to SoS as both would have 12-0 records in the AFC and no head to head obviously... So it will depend on the guys on the other side of the field.

Going into the season we had the 2nd hardest rated schedule... Some teams are stepping upRaiders and some are having issues like the ravens/browns/chargers

but they got time to right the ship and make of SoS better.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2015, 07:52 PM)StripesInSuffolk Wrote: No.

A first round bye with a divisional round loss would be very disappointing.

I'm scared
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
The silliness is upon us...let's get through KC, first...then the next 12.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2015, 01:20 AM)Utts Wrote: The 3-0 start from last year is fresh in my mind, so this isn't even remotely amusing.

Me too...  I didn't really feel all that good about the team last year....  Even at 3-0.  I like the way this team has started, but the last 4 years have taught me to temper my enthusiasm.  I'm starting to sound like Marvin in my head....  We did some good thing out there yesterday, but we have to get better.  We have to clean some things up, and keep grinding.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote