Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone buy this...
Does not excuse his actions at all.

But insane if this is true about refs. With others saying it too it probably is true.

Can bet it would never happen to a steelers player.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Yeah I believe him on that. I think I remember seeing something where the refs would always say where is 55 ,keep a eye out for 55 and Vontaze wasn't even on the field or something. I think it came from pacman.
Reply/Quote
I don't in any way buy into Burficts innocence. Nor do I believe the refs are 100% above reproach.

How many days do you go through without hearing curse words ? Do you really think there aren't curse words flying around regularly on an NFL football field ?

I don't doubt for a second a ref has told Burfict to shut the hell up or let a curse word slip in the heat of the moment. But I don't really buy there's a league wide conspiracy among ref's to gang up or Burfict and provoke him into going off.

Could there be an individual ref ? absolutely

Having said all of that do I think there's a league wide microscope on 55 ? again absolutely
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 09:07 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Just more evidence Burfict refuses to accept any responsibility for his own actions.

That's just it. What has he done this year that he should take responsibility for? The hit he was suspended for was not only not flagged but not dirty. Then you got this past Sunday the flag for the late hit out of bounds was a joke and the ejection was even worse. If he had done something obvious then I would agree but Burfict is 100% right on this.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 12:40 AM)cinci4life Wrote: That's just it. What has he done this year that he should take responsibility for? The hit he was suspended for was not only not flagged but not dirty. Then you got this past Sunday the flag for the late hit out of bounds was a joke and the ejection was even worse. If he had done something obvious then I would agree but Burfict is 100% right on this.

I agree man.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 12:40 AM)cinci4life Wrote: That's just it. What has he done this year that he should take responsibility for? The hit he was suspended for was not only not flagged but not dirty. Then you got this past Sunday the flag for the late hit out of bounds was a joke and the ejection was even worse. If he had done something obvious then I would agree but Burfict is 100% right on this.

Did you see the replay for the late hit? After the RB stepped out of bounds, Burfict took three more steps then leaned forward just before hitting the RB with his chest outside of the white boundary marker. That was 100% intentional because you don't lean forward into someone when you're trying to miss them.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 01:09 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Did you see the replay for the late hit?  After the RB stepped out of bounds, Burfict took three more steps then leaned forward just before  hitting the RB with his chest outside of the white boundary marker. That was 100% intentional because you don't lean forward into someone when you're trying to miss them.

It's as plain as day he meant to hit him ! It's not even that great of an act with the throwing the arms up. He had to extract his revenge for the RB gaining yardage on him. He has no sense of team, it's the me against the world mentality. 

I was pulling hard for Burfict to clean up his act and keep the hard nosed football between the whistles and lines but he just can't place the team in front of himself and control his emotions.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 07:22 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes, I don’t doubt it for a second. I don’t know why everyone seems to have a hard time believing it to be honest. Must just be that they automatically don’t believe anything Burfict says. Just because he may take a few dirty actions after the play doesn’t mean every word he says is a lie

This. The NFL is becoming a joke of a league in more ways than one, and I would not put something like this past them. They hate Burfict almost as much as the Steelers do.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 05:26 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Burfict is claiming that he is being taunted into stupid fouls because refs are cussing at him? I heard this from several other players after his ejection last Sunday.

Of course they are....and this surprises anyone?  I think they have finally got to Tez in the sense that he is now giving up on the field as well, and that is what they were after all the while.  
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 07:22 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Yes, I don’t doubt it for a second. I don’t know why everyone seems to have a hard time believing it to be honest. Must just be that they automatically don’t believe anything Burfict says. Just because he may take a few dirty actions after the play doesn’t mean every word he says is a lie

Everyone remember how quickly that Cam Newton story went away when he went public with what an official said to him?  Personally, I think that official should have never been in another game.  Then again, if you throw out all the corrupt ones, there won't be any stripes left for the games.  
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 07:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Regardless of previous actions or reputation, there shouldn't be a separate rule book for Burfict. The refs should have integrity or they're no better than Burfict. The writer of the article seems to agree.

Integrity?  In the NFL?  Hilarious.  

Domestic Violence in a he said-she said case, six game suspension.  Multiple cases of rape, though charges are dropped because of SEVEN figure settlement (yes, that is millions), four games reduced to three.  Yeah, what is more violent to a woman than rape?

Oh, and there is no "reputation" following that shitbag around?  
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 07:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If anyone cares to search back through posts at the time of the Infamous Ball Tap incident in Green Bay, I said then that this will come back to haunt him because he basically embarrassed the officials on National TV by tricking them into flagging the GB player for responding, then laughed about it later. So yeah, I think they are doing everything they can to get back at him. If I were him, I would be hiring a lawyer and getting every piece of footage showing phantom facemask call, legal hits that are fined and suspensions that come down, and go after the league for taking his wages.

This is absolutely beautiful. I would like to see him do this as well.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 09:36 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: This is absolutely beautiful. I would like to see him do this as well.

I think the league would have a hard time explaining in court how he continues to get phantom calls for things he isn't doing, and getting fined or suspended for hits that members of the competition committee have come out and said were legal and within the rules. What's the league going to say...he has a history? You can't keep taking the man's money for an infraction that he was penalized for years ago. This is all about him hurting the leagues darlings, Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell (which was a legal textbook tackle) , and nothing more. And if I were him and the ref's are actually saying things to him like he says they are, you could bet I would have a mike on at all times to catch it.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 09:40 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Does not excuse his actions at all.

But insane if this is true about refs. With others saying it too it probably is true.

Can bet it would never happen to a steelers player.

The difference here is the players dont fear Marvin or even the guy who signs their checks. Anyone really think the refs fear anyone with this franchise.

But like you say if true.... just another brick in that wall the NFL is building making it harder for me to keep watching the sport I love.
Reply/Quote
Remember when Vontaze Burfict made plays?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Could it happen ..yes it could. Will Burfict use it as an ok to get more flags if the fans back him ...yes. Just because the refs cuss at you does not give you the right to get flags tossed on you. Did their cussing at him cause him to bump the guy 5 yards out of bounds a few plays before he bumped the ref...no. He has a target on him from the refs so do not give them any cause to toss you out of the game. Not that it is having a huge impact cause he is not playing that great this year.
Reply/Quote
Burfict gonna Burfict.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 08:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Integrity?  In the NFL?  Hilarious.  

Domestic Violence in a he said-she said case, six game suspension.  Multiple cases of rape, though charges are dropped because of SEVEN figure settlement (yes, that is millions), four games reduced to three.  Yeah, what is more violent to a woman than rape?

Oh, and there is no "reputation" following that shitbag around?  

This is one of the main issues I have with Goodell and the NFL right now. The arbitrary nature of their punishments.

The yearly witch hunts (Saints, Patriots, Burfict now Elliott) are getting old as well.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 11:50 AM)jason Wrote: Remember when Vontaze Burfict made plays?

Yeah, when he was playing WILL, which is where he likes it, instead of Middle, where everyone wanted him. Hopefully Minter will be back soon and Tez can move back outside.
Reply/Quote
NBA had refs that cheated it up, you can't seriously believe the NFL has totally clean players, coaches, referees, and employees top to bottom. Where there's massive money, there are dishonest people.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote