Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone feel like the bully gave us a wedgie on national TV?
It kind of feels like there is this bully that was acting cool with us for a half. He let us think we were popular. We were up 17-0. Then, he slowly started to turn on us and revert to his old ways.

Then, right before he was about to totally turn to his old ways...he gathered everyone around to tell them how cool we were...and instead he atomic wedgied Burfict ripping his underwear totally off....and then went in and scored...thus completing the humiliation.

Make no mistake, the Steelers picked out our toughest player and hurt him to prove a point. That they own us.
Reply/Quote
Nah, I think I am moving on to next weekend. I'm pretty much done ranting about last night. More of the same....
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Nah, I think I am moving on to next weekend. I'm pretty much done ranting about last night. More of the same....

Yeah, I expected a complete and total whitewashing of a blowout.  No such thing as a moral victory, but they at least came to play last night.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:42 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, I expected a complete and total whitewashing of a blowout.  No such thing as a moral victory, but they at least came to play last night.

In a lot of ways a whitewashing is easier to take than being up 17-0 and losing.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: In a lot of ways a whitewashing is easier to take than being up 17-0 and losing.

It is.....but I must say, I was pretty well shocked by the play in the first half.  It was a thing of beauty, for a while......

Reply/Quote
Eh, not really, more like we gave ourselves the wedgie.

We ran the ball on them, passed the ball on them, beat on them, then Marv made us revert to his
conservative hang on to the lead approach. The dirty hit by Schuster was what it was and i kind of
expect one of them everytime we play these shit heads.

No surprise they targeted the guy they are always afraid of. He will get his next time and hopefully
we have an aggressive coach next time around.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It kind of feels like there is this bully that was acting cool with us for a half. He let us think we were popular. We were up 17-0. Then, he slowly started to turn on us and revert to his old ways.

Then, right before he was about to totally turn to his old ways...he gathered everyone around to tell them how cool we were...and instead he atomic wedgied Burfict ripping his underwear totally off....and then went in and scored...thus completing the humiliation.

Make no mistake, the Steelers picked out our toughest player and hurt him to prove a point. That they own us.
I don't see Steelers as a bully.  Just because we never beat them doesn't make them a bully, just makes them the better team. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Wyche Wrote:Yeah, I expected a complete and total whitewashing of a blowout.  No such thing as a moral victory, but they at least came to play last night.

I don't say or even think this very often, but Bodine played well. Smitty gave up on a lot of plays: he made the initial hit but there were way too many times when he didn't finish. Ogbuehi was his usual self.

Things heard in my house last night: "Oh FFS, Dre!" "You gotta catch those, JoJo!" "Fejedelem's going to hurt himself or somebody else the way he's skittering around like a fart in a skillet."
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 04:44 PM)snowy Wrote: I don't say or even think this very often, but Bodine played well. Smitty gave up on a lot of plays: he made the initial hit but there were way too many times when he didn't finish. Ogbuehi was his usual self.

Things heard in my house last night: "Oh FFS, Dre!" "You gotta catch those, JoJo!" "Fejedelem's going to hurt himself or somebody else the way he's skittering around like a fart in a skillet."

Actually, the whole middle of the line played well.  Maybe we should have been playing to their strengths (read firing off the ball and mauling fools vs. sitting back and waiting on the defender to initiate contact) all along?

**** this coaching staff. Rant 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, not really, more like we gave ourselves the wedgie.

We ran the ball on them, passed the ball on them, beat on them, then Marv made us revert to his
conservative hang on to the lead approach. The dirty hit by Schuster was what it was and i kind of
expect one of them everytime we play these shit heads.

No surprise they targeted the guy they are always afraid of. He will get his next time and hopefully
we have an aggressive coach next time around.

Agreed Nate!

It's like the team positioned the tighty whities just so, attached them to the top of the fire escape and friggin jumped.

We did ourselves by stupid plays, loss of focus and giving up.  It was not a talent issue or ability to get the job done.  Zimm would have not let us do this to ourselves.
Reply/Quote
No. We gave ourselves one. The Steelers depend on it. And they almost always get it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
How many times do we lose games rather than get beat though? It's definately a pattern in big games.

Honestly, having less talent is easier to fix than admitting we have a team of head cases.
Reply/Quote
Yeah the Refs gave us a few good ones last night
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 06:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How many times do we lose games rather than get beat though? It's definately a pattern in big games.

Honestly, having less talent is easier to fix than admitting we have a team of head cases.

The Cincinnati Bengals beat themselves far more than the other team gets the upper hand. Last night Cincinnati outplayed Pittsburgh by leaps and bounds for 50 minutes. Then the brain farts began.
Reply/Quote
You’re kidding yourself and not being honest with us if you don’t feel that way. It was hard to swallow and utterly embarrassing i hate Pittsburgh but there’s nothing i can even say they beat us all the time.
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 06:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How many times do we lose games rather than get beat though? It's definately a pattern in big games.

Yhe players have come and gone and the script is still the same.  Doesn't take Columbo to crack that case.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: It kind of feels like there is this bully that was acting cool with us for a half. He let us think we were popular. We were up 17-0. Then, he slowly started to turn on us and revert to his old ways.

I feel that we let them back into the game with the WJIII screw up on the sideline to let Bell score....and 174 yards in penalties. Bell gets pushed out of bounds at the 25, and the way our D was playing, they could have well had to settle for a FG. That would have completely changed the flow of the game back in our favor. And how many drives did we keep alive for pitt with penalties? There's your difference....not that they bullied us IMO. We were pushing them around for much of the game. They had no answer for the 2 back set with Mixon or Gio. We were getting 4-5 yds a pop with that.
Reply/Quote
No. The bully yelled, “Give yourself a wedgie!” and the wimp obediently complied while the bully laughed.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 02:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: It is.....but I must say, I was pretty well shocked by the play in the first half.  It was a thing of beauty, for a while......

I kept tabs on the score, and when the half ended, I had 0% confidence that the Bengals would win.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 06:40 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: No.  The bully yelled, “Give yourself a wedgie!” and the wimp obediently complied while the bully laughed.

It doesn't have the be the bully.  The Bengals have a track record for primetime 'Wedgies'!
Reply/Quote