Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone on here see any truth in moving Wiiliams inside?
You need to have a plan when a team drafts Sewell next year. He still has some footwork issues to clean up and he needs to be more aggressive with his punches. He chose to sit out so no one knows how he will look or how much he improved this year, but I would start him at RT for maybe 2 years before moving him to tge left where I think he will perform best at.

Keep drafting tackles to groom at RT ands see If Jonah becomes a really good tackle, then work a trade with him before his contract is up for max value.

I mean that’s my dream at least.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 07:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: JW is one of the better young LTs in the NFL. The only one drafted in the last 3 years that is out performing him is Beckton.

Currently his biggest issue appears to be durability. If we draft Sewell, I'd start Sewell at RT.

This!!!! Also Sewell is a beast at run blocking JW not so much. I want my RT to be a beast run blocking.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You don't spend a #3 pick on a guy just to change his position. If Sewell deserves that high of a pick, you absolutely keep him where he has played. JW has done nothing but good things, but he only has a couple of years left on his rookie deal. Sliding Jonah to RT makes too much sense. 
Reply/Quote
They have to lose out first. Nobody expected Monday's result.

One more defensive performance like that and suddenly they're drafting 5th or 6th.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 02:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I think you go Jonah and Sewell in that scenario. Well most teams would. The Bengals? I don't know.

On Jonah and Hart, they grade out fairly similar on PFF. Except Jonah is above average in pass pro and bad run blocking. Hart is the exact opposite. But, I think Jonah should only improve from this point forward.

Wasn't the knock on Jonah in the draft process 'short arms'?

Moving Jonah to Guard would probably make him really mad too. Generally that's considered a demotion.

Except moving to RT is pretty a much a curse in its own right. Look at RT probowlers, very often 2 LTs are selected, instead of an LT and RT. You can be a lock down RT like Willie and fly under the radar.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2020, 02:19 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: Except moving to RT is pretty a much a curse in its own right. Look at RT probowlers, very often 2 LTs are selected, instead of an LT and RT. You can be a lock down RT like Willie and fly under the radar.

How was Willie under the radar? 4 Pro Bowls, 3 All Pros, and might become only the 2nd Bengal ever to be inducted into the HoF.

Also, he may have been snubbed this year (as a rookie), but I see a lot of Pro Bowls in Tristan Wirfs future.

Reply/Quote
Jonah Williams, to me, was not good this year. Too many times he was blown up by the DE. Overpowered and overmatched at LT, he would be better suited at G. All the technique in the world is useless when the guy lacks the length, weight, and strength to hold these monster DEs back. He would need to add 30 to 40 lbs to play RT. Not sure how realistic that is in a single offseason.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2020, 05:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Really? I'm not sure why players would considered it a demotion if it improves the line. I mean, all positions are important to the success of the team. I mean, in a way I kind of get it because I used to play SS, 3B, LF and pitch in baseball. But any time I was put to play RF, I thought WTF? Only nerds play here.  Ninja However, for anyone thats played both LF and RF, the way the ball comes off the bat is way different and it was a hellova challenge the few times I was asked to do so. I've never played on the line in football so I really don't know.

Money.  Tackles get paid more than guards.  So in a players eyes I'm sure that would be considered a demotion.
Reply/Quote