Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the FA signings give us a clearer pic of the draft ?
(03-19-2020, 06:38 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: Feels like there will be quite a few good players there at 33. I could see them trading back a few picks and grabbing some extra draft capital. With trades and all, it would be nice to get a lot of later lottery tickets for the roster to potentially develop.

If Jordan Love falls out of the first round we are in an ideal position to trade back, add more picks and get our guy regardless
with the Colts picking right behind us and them only signing Rivers to a one year deal. Synric just said this in another thread
and it is something I had not thought about until now.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 06:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If Jordan Love falls out of the first round we are in an ideal position to trade back, add more picks and get our guy regardless
with the Colts picking right behind us and them only signing Rivers to a one year deal. Synric just said this in another thread
and it is something I had not thought about until now.

Yep. Hopefully one of those back end of the first round teams doesn't try this and the time spent between night one and night two is us peddling out Pick 33 to the highest bidder. 
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
If the Colts want to trade up for Love, it makes more sense for them to trade back up in the first round to get the fifth year of control. But, it takes two to tango and they might not find a willing partner. I think we'd all like to see a trade back at #33 to get another pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2020, 01:23 AM)Mobster Wrote: Just don't see a LB at #33. The way things are shaping up, there will be too many better players at other positions that you cant pass up.

Nothing is certain, if the right player falls, then you have to be open to it.
I'm liking the WR from ND, most years he would be a late 1st/2 round pick, but he's getting mocked all the way back to the 4th. Super steal even in the 3rd to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What the FA signings tell us is an early CB is basically out of the question, and the rest of the league knows that they are really slim at LB right now.

What I can tell you is if there is a t eam looking to draft patrick queen early, there will be a short run of lbs taken shortly after, and Murray wont be at 33 maybe even not Baun. The Bengals will have to make a decision if that happens: there WILL be a first round talent available at 33, whether it be Gross-matos, Gladney, epenesa or one of the 2 top safeties or a WR like Higgins. Do they still trade down, or take a premium talent?

Getting a another 3rd can open up the possibility of double dipping at LB, a lot of good lbers in this draft have been selected in the 3rd by the simulators. I mean Harrison, brooks, dye, gay jr., dugger, chinn and gaither have gone in this round regularly. They can really put a stop to the absolute need for defensive players if they can pick up an extra day 2 pick.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2020, 02:36 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Nothing is certain, if the right player falls, then you have to be open to it.
I'm liking the WR from ND, most years he would be a late 1st/2 round pick, but he's getting mocked all the way back to the 4th. Super steal even in the 3rd to me.

Claypool reminds me of Mike Evans of the Buccaneers.
Reply/Quote
I think they're itching to get a receiver with pick 33. There will be someone there, be it Mims, Shenault, whoever that will be decent insurance for Green/Ross's health issues and provide a possible future number 1 for Burrow.

I think Murray and Queen are gone by then. There's no linebacker that makes sense after that. You could get Harrison in 3 or Davis-Gaither in 4 to fill out the roster.

I'd love to see them add Bynes and then fill in with a mid-round backer.

If WR isn't the pick, then I see Baun being the guy. Delpit would be tough to pass up if he fell.
Reply/Quote