Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the Oline need to beef up?
(05-20-2016, 02:32 PM)grampahol Wrote: 14.4 pounds from the heaviest? Really? Divide that by just the starting 5 comes out to about 2.96 pounds each.. Yeah, give them each a twinkie before games..

14.4 pounds each. No more dividing needed.
Reply/Quote
(05-23-2016, 08:22 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: True.  And I remember hearing Lap a while back bemoaning the constant slides they were running when they had one of the biggest lines in the league.  He said "line up and move the man in front of you!".  It was pretty surprising the mini rant he was on.  

Fast forward to today's squad and you see more athletic, quicker guys.  Even Whit has slimmed down to less than he was as a rookie.  If the scheme is geared toward that, all the better.  

A zone blocking scheme works well with our backs.  Gio can duck and cut like the best ever, and Hill can make one cut and hit the juice like a modern day Terrell Davis.  The only thing I worry about, is pressure up the gut in short yardage and must complete passing downs.  Damn the Bengals for not valuing the Center position enough to draft the best.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2016, 09:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: A zone blocking scheme works well with our backs.  Gio can duck and cut like the best ever, and Hill can make one cut and hit the juice like a modern day Terrell Davis.  The only thing I worry about, is pressure up the gut in short yardage and must complete passing downs.  Damn the Bengals for not valuing the Center position enough to draft the best.

I just hope PA gives Westerman and company a shot at the Center position if Bodine does not improve.
Reply/Quote