Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the backup QB really matter?
(09-05-2016, 07:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When was the first you heard about the Vikes interest in Bradford?

As soon as they signed him, because they signed him as soon as they were in contact with each other.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 08:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He did, several days after the Bridgewater injury.  Plenty of time for calls of "inguiry" to have been fielded.

He did in march not just a few days ago.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 08:20 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: As soon as they signed him, because they signed him as soon as they were in contact with each other.

So you are suggesting there were no negotiations, no contact of agents, players, GMs, ect...

Just one call and a signing? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 08:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So you are suggesting there were no negotiations, no contact of agents, players, GMs, ect...

Just one call and a signing? 

And you think that all of that couldn't happen VERY quick especially when time is of importance since the season is about to start? It's not like the news would get leaked instantly, but it would get leaked.
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 08:47 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: And you think that all of that couldn't happen VERY quick especially when time is of importance since the season is about to start? It's not like the news would get leaked instantly, but it would get leaked.

You're just making things up now.

Did the Vikes contact anybody else? 

Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 08:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're just making things up now.

Did the Vikes contact anybody else? 

Probably not. Bradford wanted out of Philadelphia, and Vikings needed a QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 09:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It amazes me that some people think thst the back up QB does not matter.

The only teams that McCarron lost to were playoff teams.  If we play nothing but playoff teams then we may not win many games with McCarron, but during the regular season we play a lot of good teams that don't make the playoffs.  And we need to win those games to make the playoffs.

The 2010 Steelers made the Super Bowl because their back up QBs went 3-1

The '05 Steelers made the Super Bowl because their back up QB went 2-2.

The '04 Steelers made the playoffs because their back up QB went 13-0

The '02 Buccaneers made the Super Bowl because their back up QB went 2-1

The '00 Ravens made the Super Bowl because their back up QB went 7-1.

You're forgetting the two greatest backups ever.....Earl Morral and George Blanda...oh...and John Unitas once....and Randall Cunnigham off the bench to relieve Brad Johnson....Warner for Green. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-01-2016, 09:17 AM)fredtoast Wrote: It amazes me that some people think thst the back up QB does not matter.

The only teams that McCarron lost to were playoff teams.  If we play nothing but playoff teams then we may not win many games with McCarron, but during the regular season we play a lot of good teams that don't make the playoffs.  And we need to win those games to make the playoffs.

The 2010 Steelers made the Super Bowl because their back up QBs went 3-1

The '05 Steelers made the Super Bowl because their back up QB went 2-2.

The '04 Steelers made the playoffs because their back up QB went 13-0

The '02 Buccaneers made the Super Bowl because their back up QB went 2-1

The '00 Ravens made the Super Bowl because their back up QB went 7-1.

You're forgetting the two greatest backups ever.....Earl Morral and George Blanda...oh...and John Unitas once....the Cunningham off the bench for Brad Johnson....and Warner for Green. Wink

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 12:26 AM)Wyche Wrote: You're forgetting the two greatest backups ever.....Earl Morral and George Blanda...oh...and John Unitas once....and Randall Cunnigham off the bench to relieve Brad Johnson....Warner for Green. Wink

Oh, so you think AJ is the next Unitas. 

Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 12:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: You're forgetting the two greatest backups ever.....Earl Morral and George Blanda...oh...and John Unitas once....the Cunningham off the bench for Brad Johnson....and Warner for Green. Wink

Doug Flutie or GTFO!   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-05-2016, 12:02 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: 1. As long as we have a solid backup, we'd be covered. Our policy doesn't have to be "AJ McCarron". If I can trade my home insurance policy for another solid policy and a new Dodge Challenger, I'm doing it.

For just $100 a yaer my cousin will insure your house.

Since you don't care about the quality of your insurance you will jump at this deal, correct?  I mean any insurance is just as good as another, right?
Reply/Quote
(09-06-2016, 12:23 PM)fredtoast Wrote: For just $100 a yaer my cousin will insure your house.

Since you don't care about the quality of your insurance you will jump at this deal, correct?  I mean any insurance is just as good as another, right?

In the very post you quoted, I said "another solid backup". Definition of solid: "of good substantial quality"

Now how would your cousin fit that definition?

So again, I would trade a solid policy for another solid policy + a new Dodge Challenger.

Some of you are just such big fans of State Farm that you'd pass up on Liberty Mutual + a free car.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote