Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does the coaching overhaul translate to what will happen in free agency?
Katie Troy Duke and Mike Browns son were the architects of this new chapter in Bengaldom.
New coach new energy new locker room.
now next question.
Will this franchise actually make a attempt to pursue
a top tier free agent or agents?
Or will it be the same approach we are accustomed too?
Will Taylor show examples of how acquiring Whit and Tailb
were real difference makers in how the Rams were able to turn
it around?
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 02:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Katie Troy Duke and Mike Browns son were the architects of this new chapter in Bengaldom.
now next question.
it around?

As others have said, they let Marvin go spend in FA when he first got here.  So maybe they'll do it again. And they will have money to spend.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
That's the $64 question ?

I sure hope so and believe it will to some degree. It only makes sense to let the new HC have some leeway. This team sure needs a lot of help ! And if we're to be competitive at the end of the Dalton Green era they're gonna have to go get a couple top shelf FA's.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Even the Bengals front office has to recognize that we have far too many glaring holes to fill with just the draft alone.

Or so you'd think.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 02:43 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Even the Bengals front office has to recognize that we have far too many glaring holes to fill with just the draft alone.

Or so you'd think.

We may have entered uncharted ground, where it might be hard to predict what happens next.  And that's a good thing.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Or LB corps alone gave up 2,000 yards this season. Fixing that is going to require more than just one new starter.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Well we were more proactive last offseason - no one could predict the injuries or that Burflict would look so bad upon coming back.

We really need starter quality adds at OT, OG, LB and even TE. No way we get it all in the draft so Free Agency is a must. The question will be who is available.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sooo...my guess is...and what I've typically seen in the real world is that when you bring in someone new, for the 1st year or two you generally do spend more.

I'm guessing that will apply to guys like Burfict too possibly being waived.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 02:27 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Katie Troy Duke and Mike Browns son were the architects of this new chapter in Bengaldom.
now next question.
it around?

I think so, if anyone knows that a good Offensive Line is essential it is a former QB. I bet we pick up atleast one big FA for Pollack to work with. I would like Saffold or Seantrell Henderson. Draft a LB in the first and another O-lineman in the 2nd, playmaking TE in the 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 05:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think so, if anyone knows that a good Offensive Line is essential it is a former QB. I bet we pick up atleast one big FA for Pollack to work with. I would like Saffold or Seantrell Henderson. Draft a LB in the first and another O-lineman in the 2nd, playmaking TE in the 3rd.

Between offensive line and LB, they almost have to sign one REALLY good player...and then draft the other position in the 1st.

Ideally they sign 2-3 upgrades.
Reply/Quote
(01-13-2019, 05:06 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Between offensive line and LB, they almost have to sign one REALLY good player...and then draft the other position in the 1st.

Ideally they sign 2-3 upgrades.

Agree.
Reply/Quote
Last year we signed Brown to a contract that was ab out #15 in the league for an inside LB and even though Glenn was not a free agent he was one of the highest paid OTs in the league.

So I think their offseason spending to bring in new players has actually already changed.
Reply/Quote
His cheapness and incompetence is legendary around these parts. Will he have a negative impact on our rebuild in some way, or has he finally seen the light and is gonna go all in on this team?

This is the most excited I've been for the Bengals in years, but knowing Mike Brown is still around puts a major damper on my expectations. I'm just not sure how hopeful I should really be.
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote